GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
The guys on the radio were saying White's debut in Boston makes sense since he's from there.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Talking about White's NHL debut is ridiculous at this stage. We have a bunch of forwards, including some guys getting healthy (Neil, Stalberg, MacArthur?)...I really don't think we end up seeing White in the NHL this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Talking about White's NHL debut is ridiculous at this stage.  We have a bunch of forwards, including some guys getting healthy (Neil, Stalberg, MacArthur?)...I really don't think we end up seeing White in the NHL this year.

It makes sense for him to stay in Bingo. I 100% agree

Mac return would be huge although I wouldn't expect him to have a huge impact.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'll stick with my prediction. Dorion will watch him play tomorrow and Lee on Friday/Saturday. Three games with first-hand (first-eye?) accounts. Next week we have games back-to-back Monday/Tuesday, and there is a good chance we will have clinched a spot by then (or at least be very close). You don't want guys to be off a bunch of dames right before the playoffs start so you don't want to rest them in the last couple games. This is as close to ideal as you get.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Talking about White's NHL debut is ridiculous at this stage.  We have a bunch of forwards, including some guys getting healthy (Neil, Stalberg, MacArthur?)...I really don't think we end up seeing White in the NHL this year.

I'll be surprised if we see white play a reg season game. Unless we start getting injured left and right.

I don't think it's a good idea for mac to even think of playing a game. He hasn't played in pretty much two years. I'm not sure he'd be up to speed

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I'll be surprised if we see white play a reg season game. Unless we start getting injured left and right.

I don't think it's a good idea for mac to even think of playing a game. He hasn't played in pretty much two years. I'm not sure he'd be up to speed

I'm at day 100 since suffering my concussion (first and only) and today I finally got the ok to go back to work at a slower rhythm. I understand that Mac wants to get back but is it really worth it? I'm nowhere near being a professional athlete but I can't see why you would want to take the chance of being re-injured knowing that you won't be able to keep up right away with the pace of the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Chabot with another 2 assists last night. He is tied for 2nd league wide with 7 points (2+5). Fair to say he won't be available for a while.

Chlapik has 3 assists in his 3 games.

Both teams are up 3-0 in the first round.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ottawa's next opponent it's the Wild. Minnesota had lost 4 straight and 8 of 9. To say they are struggling would be an understatement. But the last two were OT losses, including last night, against the Caps. So, not to be taken lightly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
After that it's Winnipeg and then to against the Wings. Could be the start of a little win streak. Just have to make sure we play a good game against the Wild.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
We don't need a win streak

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:We don't need a win streak

It seems like you're in favour of Ottawa going in as cold as possible in the playoffs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:We don't need a win streak

It seems like you're in favour of Ottawa going in as cold as possible in the playoffs.  

no it just doesn't matter either way, in my opinion. Clinch a spot, rest players.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Going in to the playoffs on a bit of a high with some wins in the bag certainly can't be a bad thing. Potting some PP goals would be good too.

I don't think you can just flip a switch and be good in the playoffs. I only remember LA doing it in recent memory when they had a very lack luster regular season and went on to win the cup.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Going in to the playoffs on a bit of a high with some wins in the bag certainly can't be a bad thing.  Potting some PP goals would be good too.

I don't think you can just flip a switch and be good in the playoffs.  I only remember LA doing it in recent memory when they had a very lack luster regular season and went on to win the cup.

except we haven't had a lacklustre regular season. Just because you have a poor showing at the end doesn't mean that will translate into the playoffs

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The Sens have had some pretty big peaks and valleys through out the season and are lucky they're in the division they're in though.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens have had some pretty big peaks and valleys through out the season and are lucky they're in the division they're in though.

i don't see that to be honest. We've been in the same spot or 3rd for a long time. We also have a great record against Metro teams

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens have had some pretty big peaks and valleys through out the season and are lucky they're in the division they're in though.

i don't see that to be honest. We've been in the same spot or 3rd for a long time. We also have a great record against Metro teams
Especially if you take into consideration the "near wins" Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Especially if you take into consideration the "near wins" Sarcasm

I think they're called "close wins" and they mean "we were close to winning." Or maybe it means the Sens were close (physically) to the team that won.  Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum