GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
SNES. It's Bobby's favorite.

Next season they aren't supposed to have third jerseys. What, exactly, does that mean? Why could try not use the third jerseys they have now? Just buy up enough right now, in sure the current manufacturer won't mind making one last batch. They can always get rid of them a year later by selling then as have worn.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
I take it they'll go with the O design. Personally I prefer the 2D centurion, but of they make that the third jersey, in black or red, I'm getting a #61.

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:Sounds like we might get a new logo and re-branding soon.

Amazing if true.  Read the citizen article on how the players want a change too so I think it's happening.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/viewpoints-of-senators-players-diverge-on-idea-of-heritage-o-main-logo
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/new-ottawa-senators-president-considering-logo-change

wprager wrote:I take it they'll go with the O design. Personally I prefer the 2D centurion, but of they make that the third jersey, in black or red, I'm getting a #61.

I would prefer the 2D as well.  Way better than our current logo

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I must be the only Ottawa fan that prefers the 3D logo to the 2D one. I get it, the 2D is more in line with traditional styled jerseys.

I can agree that we should move on from the current jersey, especially if we are somewhat going through a rebranding of the franchise. I think I could definitely get behind something that resembles the heritage jerseys. I regret not buying the cream ones when they went on sale. Those were very nice!

I think they should go that way and maybe do a third jersey after a couple years with the 2D logo on it or something.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 32 Jbcbij10Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 32 Jbcbij10

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wrong thread, but look at the forwards ice times

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dzingel had the lowest ice time and tied for fewest shifts. I'm a little surprised about that, actually. But, perhaps, Kelly was given more shifts because they were playing against his former team.

Will be a different game if Boston had last change, though. Next two are in Beantown, right? Won't be easy.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Zibanejad with the OT winner to sink Tampa. Two points behind the Islanders, but with one fewer game left to play.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Looks like the Leafs have the softest schedule over the next handful of games of the teams chasing that wildcard. If they don't catch up by the weekend they are done.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Looks like the Leafs have the softest schedule over the next handful of games of the teams chasing that wildcard. If they don't catch up by the weekend they are done.

That may well be true. Talk about your Jekyll and Hyde team. They seem to get out to a lead most games, but they're the worst team in the league with a lead. Must be frustrating for their fans, whereas it's like biting into a juicy orange for us.  HappyDance1

I look at the Leafs situation as a win win for the Sens. If the Leafs get in, there's a chance we'll match up against them and destroy them. If they miss then they get a crappy pick and an early ticket to the links.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Looks like the Leafs have the softest schedule over the next handful of games of the teams chasing that wildcard. If they don't catch up by the weekend they are done.

That may well be true. Talk about your Jekyll and Hyde team. They seem to get out to a lead most games, but they're the worst team in the league with a lead. Must be frustrating for their fans, whereas it's like biting into a juicy orange for us.  HappyDance1

I look at the Leafs situation as a win win for the Sens. If the Leafs get in, there's a chance we'll match up against them and destroy them. If they miss then they get a crappy pick and an early ticket to the links.

That's a team that picks up a lead when the opponent is snoozing and can't add to it when they wake up and you have to work for it.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Looks like the Leafs have the softest schedule over the next handful of games of the teams chasing that wildcard. If they don't catch up by the weekend they are done.

That may well be true. Talk about your Jekyll and Hyde team. They seem to get out to a lead most games, but they're the worst team in the league with a lead. Must be frustrating for their fans, whereas it's like biting into a juicy orange for us.  HappyDance1

I look at the Leafs situation as a win win for the Sens. If the Leafs get in, there's a chance we'll match up against them and destroy them. If they miss then they get a crappy pick and an early ticket to the links.

And what happens when we get in and lose to them? Ideally they miss the playoffs so we simply just don't have to deal with that. Leafs remaining schedule:

vs Red Wings, vs Flyers, @ Carolina, @ Florida, @ Lightning, vs Chicago, vs Boston, @ Columbus, vs Devils, @ Buffalo, vs Florida, @ Nashville, @ Detroit, @ Buffalo, vs Washington, vs Tampa Bay, vs Pittsburgh, vs Columbus.

They play their last 4 games at home but I imagine the Metropolitan teams won't be taking things easy as they jockey for positioning. Tampa and Florida are in the playoff race with them and they play them twice each. Buffalo is still in it as well and they play their twice. Should be an interesting stretch of hockey for them. Only 2 games against Western conference teams. 18 games remaining- I am calling they go 10-8 to end the year which sees them missing the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
And what happens when we get in and lose to them? Ideally they miss the playoffs so we simply just don't have to deal with that. Leafs remaining schedule:

vs Red Wings, vs Flyers, @ Carolina, @ Florida, @ Lightning, vs Chicago, vs Boston, @ Columbus, vs Devils, @ Buffalo, vs Florida, @ Nashville, @ Detroit, @ Buffalo, vs Washington, vs Tampa Bay, vs Pittsburgh, vs Columbus.  

They play their last 4 games at home but I imagine the Metropolitan teams won't be taking things easy as they jockey for positioning. Tampa and Florida are in the playoff race with them and they play them twice each. Buffalo is still in it as well and they play their twice. Should be an interesting stretch of hockey for them. Only 2 games against Western conference teams. 18 games remaining- I am calling they go 10-8 to end the year which sees them missing the playoffs.

I just went through the remaining games and tried to imagine what each result would be, and got 3-10-5. But I'm biased. Their record over the last 10 is 3-4-3, so let's make three of those losses into wins just for fun, making it 6-7-5. I think that's a very realistic outcome for the last 18 games. 17 points for a season total of 87, missing the playoffs by a mile (7-10 points).

Hmm, maybe even that is a stretch.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Looks like the Leafs have the softest schedule over the next handful of games of the teams chasing that wildcard. If they don't catch up by the weekend they are done.

That may well be true. Talk about your Jekyll and Hyde team. They seem to get out to a lead most games, but they're the worst team in the league with a lead. Must be frustrating for their fans, whereas it's like biting into a juicy orange for us.  HappyDance1

I look at the Leafs situation as a win win for the Sens. If the Leafs get in, there's a chance we'll match up against them and destroy them. If they miss then they get a crappy pick and an early ticket to the links.

And what happens when we get in and lose to them? Ideally they miss the playoffs so we simply just don't have to deal with that.
Leafs remaining schedule:

vs Red Wings, vs Flyers, @ Carolina, @ Florida, @ Lightning, vs Chicago, vs Boston, @ Columbus, vs Devils, @ Buffalo, vs Florida, @ Nashville, @ Detroit, @ Buffalo, vs Washington, vs Tampa Bay, vs Pittsburgh, vs Columbus.  

They play their last 4 games at home but I imagine the Metropolitan teams won't be taking things easy as they jockey for positioning. Tampa and Florida are in the playoff race with them and they play them twice each. Buffalo is still in it as well and they play their twice. Should be an interesting stretch of hockey for them. Only 2 games against Western conference teams. 18 games remaining- I am calling they go 10-8 to end the year which sees them missing the playoffs.

1) That won't happen. The Sens are a much stronger team.
2) Banned.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

And what happens when we get in and lose to them? Ideally they miss the playoffs so we simply just don't have to deal with that.


Yeah and if the leafs never make it to the playoffs, we'll never be able to exercise revenge.....man up, we'll beat them this time if they make it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Sens were the better team on a number of occasions in the past, and still lost. Not just the Leafs. Remember the 3-2 series lead against the Rangers where they failed to finish them off at home, losing game 7 at MSG.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:The Sens were the better team on a number of occasions in the past, and still lost. Not just the Leafs. Remember the 3-2 series lead against the Rangers where they failed to finish them off at home, losing game 7 at MSG.

All too well, I was there for game 6 at home when we had a chance to extinguish them...sigh....still hurts.

I'd love another crack at the rangers, really would. That's why i hope we win the division. Would do wonders for the confidence of the team and oh yes...we haven't won a division title since 2006. Back to the glory days

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoff-Machine wrote:
wprager wrote:The Sens were the better team on a number of occasions in the past, and still lost. Not just the Leafs. Remember the 3-2 series lead against the Rangers where they failed to finish them off at home, losing game 7 at MSG.

All too well, I was there for game 6 at home when we had a chance to extinguish them...sigh....still hurts.

I'd love another crack at the rangers, really would.  That's why i hope we win the division.  Would do wonders for the confidence of the team and oh yes...we haven't won a division title since 2006.  Back to the glory days

It would be nice to get to put down the Rangers but I'm afraid that series might tire out the sens more than maybe facing the leafs, Boston is debatable. I'm hoping we can meet the habs in the second round(if we make it past the first) if we face the habs in the second I'm more confident we can make the eastern finals.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum