GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

+2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Not a very exciting game, but man, the W feels good.  Hoffman did that thing Hoffman can do where he rips that slapper from the faceoff circle.  All the garbage goals we've been scoring lately, we had two nice ones last night.  

Ceci and Phaneuf were a bit of a dumpster fire again, but hey, 2 Christmas point.  Sweet.  
It's true, it wasn't very exciting, but yeah the results were great

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

There was a play I didn't understand, so I was hoping the TV analysts would explain it, but they never mentioned it. With 3:05 to go on the first Karlsson sends a stretch pass up the middle. Send player tips it at the other blue line, it goes up in the air toward the goal and the goalie shags it. Face-off goes back in the Sens end. Why?

It wasn't because the goalie caught it while standing in his crease. I suspect it was offside. But don't tell me a tip just inside the blue line from a forward trying to reach a breakaway pass is intentional offside. And the puck was low so it wasn't a high stick tip, either.

I think it was the wrong call.

On another play there was a shot from the left circle and Condon came out to cut the angle, blocked the shot and covered the rebound. Yet the face-off went to the right face-off circle. Getzlaf took it on his strong side and won it. If the shot comes from the left and is frozen at the top left of the crease, why does the face-off go to the right?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:There was a play I didn't understand, so I was hoping the TV analysts would explain it, but they never mentioned it. With 3:05 to go on the first Karlsson sends a stretch pass up the middle. Send player tips it at the other blue line, it goes up in the air toward the goal and the goalie shags it.  Face-off goes back in the Sens end.  Why?

It wasn't because the goalie caught it while standing in his crease. I suspect it was offside. But don't tell me a tip just inside the blue line from a forward trying to reach a breakaway pass is intentional offside. And the puck was low so it wasn't a high stick tip, either.

On another play there was a shot from the left circle and Condon came out to cut the angle, blocked the shot and covered the rebound. Yet the face-off went to the right face-off circle. Getzlaf took it on his strong side and won it.  If the shot comes from the left and is frozen at the top left of the crease, why does the face-off go to the right?

Blown call.  I remember it and they messed that up

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:There was a play I didn't understand, so I was hoping the TV analysts would explain it, but they never mentioned it. With 3:05 to go on the first Karlsson sends a stretch pass up the middle. Send player tips it at the other blue line, it goes up in the air toward the goal and the goalie shags it.  Face-off goes back in the Sens end.  Why?

On another play there was a shot from the left circle and Condon came out to cut the angle, blocked the shot and covered the rebound. Yet the face-off went to the right face-off circle. Getzlaf took it on his strong side and won it.  If the shot comes from the left and is frozen at the top left of the crease, why does the face-off go to the right?

Bu the weird part is the camera showed Carlyle on the bench and he was very animated in signalling that the faceoff should go back to the Sens end. Refs agreed. Just not sure why.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Bu the weird part is the camera showed Carlyle on the bench and he was very animated in signalling that the faceoff should go back to the Sens end.  Refs agreed.  Just not sure why.
I think it was because they thought it wasn't tipped,  but on the replay it clearly was.   Could be wrong, I may have missed something but I don't think so

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well of course it was tipped. Karlsson shoots it along the ice and the goalie catches or above his head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum