GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #30: Sharks @ Sens, Dec 14, 2016, 7:00pm

+3
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But it's the Sens, so evidence doesn't matter. I will be shocked if he gets fewer than 2, or if Pickles gets more than zero.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Strange that they haven't announced whether or not The Hoff or Vlasic will have a hearing?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The idiots on 690 are cackling at the possibility of Ottawa missing by one point because Neil had a shot before the likes of Brassard, Stone, Pageau, etc.  Idiots don't understand that three others went before and failed just like Neil did (I'd argue Neil's attempt was better than Turris or Karlsson).  Idiots don't understand that there is absolutely no guarantee that another player would have done any better or, more specifically, scored.  Stone was 0 for 3 last year. Pageau was 0 for 1. Brassard had no attempts - wonder why.  Idiots never watched a Sens practice and seen Neil practicing his shootout move.

Also idiots have no idea of the goodwill and team building intangibles.

Idiots!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Strange that they haven't announced whether or not The Hoff or Vlasic will have a hearing?  

Pickles won't.

Idiot was interviewed and he says Karlsson dropped his own stick so he grabbed Vlasic's, and he was only trying to yank out away from him. I saw him pull back and then swing back toward Karlsson. Two things come out of that: first, he had no problem pulling his stick away from Erik, so he clearly didn't have a very strong grip on it; second, after you pulled the stick away, why swing it back toward Karlsson if all you're trying to do is get it back?

Idiot!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, I would agree that using Neil likely didn't give us the best shot at winning, but I think it was a great thing to do under the circumstances. I would argue that things like Vlasic not getting a 5 minute major for pitchforking EK had more of an impact on the outcome of the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Well, I would agree that using Neil likely didn't give us the best shot at winning, but I think it was a great thing to do under the circumstances.  I would argue that things like Vlasic not getting a 5 minute major for pitchforking EK had more of an impact on the outcome of the game.

I would not necessarily agree to that. Stone has *proven* that he's not very good (0 for 3 last year); Brassard was one of the more popular players on the Rangers yet he had zero attempts last year -- maybe it's because he's not seen as having a good shootout move (he has zero attempts in 2014-15 and was 0 for 1 in 2013-14). Pageau was 0 for 1 last year, and that was his only career attempt. From what Gordie and Mendes said Neil *does* work on his move at the end of practice. And it showed -- he actually did a move as opposed to barreling in and trying to shoot it through the goalie. There is absolutely no guarantee that he would not have scored, just as there was no guarantee that another player would have. Their three best guys tried and came up empty.

So my point was that putting Neil there did not mean they were conceding the extra point, nor would putting someone else there automatically mean they would have won.

This game (Turris sticking up for Karlsson, Neil's shootout attempt) very likely brought them closer as a team.

IMO Hoffman deserved the five less than Vlasic did, although that still was a selfish play.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I don't think I'll watch.  It's too predictable.  If we lose by 3, it'd be considered a moral 'victory' and I really don't feel like partaking in a moral victory tonight.

This is ban-worthy. You're assuming that they'll lose by 3? Diddle that. 

Final score prediction: 5-1 Sens. Hoff with a hattie. Condon loses his shutout bid in the last 2 minutes.
I wondered who would say somethingabout that.

I regret nothing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dung, phone hearing for Hoffman.  so, here comes the suspension.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoffman could still get away with a fine and "time served". But not likely.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hoffman could still get away with a fine and "time served". But not likely.

"get away with?" The 5 minutes was appropriate because you have to be in control of your stick but that's as far as it goes. Anything above that, even a fine, is just BS from the league.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to Pierre (who was calling for 5 games) a lot of people around the league were upset when they learned it would be a phone interview.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:According to Pierre (who was calling for 5 games) a lot of people around the league were upset when they learned it would be a phone interview.

You need a better source to quote. Pierre is an idiot. That's kind of like saying, "According to Eklund..." or "Considering his plus/minus..."

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:According to Pierre (who was calling for 5 games) a lot of people around the league were upset when they learned it would be a phone interview.

You need a better source to quote. Pierre is an idiot. That's kind of like saying, "According to Eklund..." or "Considering his plus/minus..."

Well said.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Now come on. Pierre might be a bit of a dink and a pompous Donkey but he's a few levels above Eklund.....

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Now come on. Pierre might be a bit of a dink and a pompous Donkey but he's a few levels above Eklund.....

Eklund is definitely an extreme example, but I stand by my point. Eklund, Pierre, and +/- are all in the same category. It doesn't mean they're all equal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You can call him whatever you want regarding his opinions and analysis. He contradicts himself regularly (sometimes the same day - he'll say something on TGOR on the morning and then the opposite on TSN 690 on the afternoon). So when he said 5 games I did not pay much attention.

But he is very well connected and talks to everyone. If he reports that *others* are upset about it being 5 or fewer, then I have no reason to doubt it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Eklund makes stuff up. Pierre has opinions that you may not agree with, but he doesn't make stuff up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum