GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #25: Panthers @ Sens, Dec 3, 2016, 7:00pm

+4
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
kyle turris
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

kyle turris

Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:
kyle turris wrote:I just noticed so on top of karlsson being 1st in blocked shots, Phaneuf is 9t and ceci is tied for 12th. There's a system at play right there.

EK is 1st in blocks.
Stone is 1st in takeaways.
Boro is 1st in hits. 

Sens are 2 points out of a tie for 1st in the division (albeit with the Habs owning a GIH). 

I'm for it.
Yeah bit stone is always first I'm takeaways. Sarcasm

#eliteproblems

kyle turris

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:That power play.
That PK. 5 on 3. Haven't seen such good PK since Carvel! Oh Carvel. ...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wideman is looking fantastic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson scoring from the lip of the crease. Wideman's primary assist from the circle, Ceci behind the opposition net on a few occasions, Boro stepping way up from the blue line all the way to the face off for. Huge difference from last year the way the defense activates inside the opposition blue line. Is that Boucher or Crawford?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Wideman is looking fantastic.

Not surprising.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All the scoring happened in that 18 second span or whatever it was, but we'll take it!  

The attendance was 15,000. I know it was the Panthers, but this was a Saturday night. Ouch.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There are still plenty of tickets left for Alfie's jersey retirement. They tried to only seek those in multi game packs but are now selling singles. Sad.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:There are still plenty of tickets left for Alfie's jersey retirement. They tried to only seek those in multi game packs but are now selling singles. Sad.

It really is sad. The team is even doing well. I wonder if the whole downtown arena thing has also soured some of the fans out west. Strange times.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

It is a head scratcher. This team is playing better than it has in years, the results are somewhat coming in. Could it be that it's too defensively played for some fans?

Idk, you gotta hope that's it's not arena related because please. A, it's in 8-10 years. And B that Dung was bound to happen some day if we were to keep the sens in Ottawa.

Melnyk must be going mad about this. Expect another open letter to the fans or some other stupid stunt by the man himself if it doesn't pick up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Times are tough,  spare cash is highly fought over.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:Times are tough,  spare cash is highly fought over.

Is that an Ottawa specific thing?
It really doesn't feel like there's any sort of recession here in Montreal. The economy seems to be doing alright around here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

kyle turris wrote:

It really doesn't feel like there's any sort of recession here in Montreal. The economy seems to be doing alright around here.

Generally more than anything.. Ontario is in bad shape thanks to the liberals.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:
kyle turris wrote:

Generally more than anything.. Ontario is in bad shape thanks to the liberals.
why? what have they done(or not done) lately? if it's ottawa i imagine this is federal cutbacks?
I'm surprised since liberal follow keynesian style of government which usually operates to augment infrastructure spending. maybe this is just part of a reshaping? i can't say i'm in all agreements with what Trudeau has been doing but most of the stuff that would bother me is the stuff that would have been on Harper's agenda.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, Ontario has a huge debt and it has grown a lot with the provincial liberals. Ottawa is spending billions putting in light rail. Sink holes swallowing minivans.

Even after the Grey Cup the overall atmosphere is not very positive.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:No, Ontario has a huge debt and it has grown a lot with the provincial liberals. Ottawa is spending billions putting in light rail. Sink holes swallowing minivans.  

Even after the Grey Cup the overall atmosphere is not very positive.
Well that's ok then. That sounds like liberals alright. Investing in infrastructures. I think the mentality is to run a deficit for a while and encourage the economy by investing in infrastructures and run a profit after. Of course it's easier to run a deficit than not. Easy to blame them when infrastructures were ignored during conservative rule. Sink holes didn't happen over night after elections. And besides I would be hard placed to blame those on politics.
You wanna see crumbling infrastructures? Come to Québec.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Phoenix payroll system issues with government employees means a large percentage of our working population in Ottawa does not have the extra dollars kicking around to spend on luxury purchases...I guess those selling out TD place are all farmers and brick layers...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's so true,  I forgot about thar phoenix payroll bs

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kyle turris wrote:It is a head scratcher. This team is playing better than it has in years, the results are somewhat coming in. Could it be that it's too defensively played for some fans?

Idk, you gotta hope that's it's not arena related because please. A, it's in 8-10 years. And B that Dung was bound to happen some day if we were to keep the sens in Ottawa.

Melnyk must be going mad about this. Expect another open letter to the fans or some other stupid stunt by the man himself if it doesn't pick up.

The next stupid stunt? Relocation!!!!

Buckle up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum