GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Where should the NHL expand to next?

Where should the NHL expand to next?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Where should the NHL expand to next?

Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap228%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 28% [ 9 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap225%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap225%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 8 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap20%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap20%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap213%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap26%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_lcap23%Where should the NHL expand to next? Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Where should the NHL expand to next? Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Multiple choice

I vote for:
Quebec
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Seattle

2Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie
toronto/southern ontario should be on this list - not just the hammer.

not sure the market in Seattle - but seems like a good location to stir up a rivalry with the Canucks.

3Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Habs/Nordiques -- best rivalry ever. I vote for Quebec City.

4Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:19 pm

wprager wrote:Habs/Nordiques -- best rivalry ever. I vote for Quebec City.
I miss the Nords. Sakic, Foresberg, Sundin, all on the same team at once :x

5Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Tukker wrote:

I don't miss Dale Hunter so much, but back then I lived in Montreal and, oh man, what a rivalry that was.

6Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:29 pm

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:

I don't miss Dale Hunter so much, but back then I lived in Montreal and, oh man, what a rivalry that was.
And then first year in Colorado they win the cup 🇳🇴

7Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:48 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
I heard something on the radio about Balsillie being back in the hunt.

I'm sorry guys, but if KW gets a team, my loyalty may be in question...

Go Kitcherloo Blackberries!!

8Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hands down Hamilton. A never ending Cashflow and Leaf fans that would be eating it up because of how hard it is to get a ticket in Toronto and how expensive it is.

Having a look at the other options - The Canadian cities would struggle due to the falling dollar and being small market teams they'd also struggle to find enough corporate support IMO.

Of the American choices I just don't see any doing well except Las Vegas and we may want to stay away just due to the perception issues surrounding gambling.

- Unknown Author

9Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:58 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
Bring back the Hab - Nordiques rivalry... That was awesome...

10Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It was a great rivalry but if we look logically, can they sustain a franchise in that market? Why did they leave in the first place? The economy is sagging and the Dollar is dropping like a lead balloon (Mythbusters balloon excluded :D)

- Unknown Author

11Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:22 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
I suspect Jamie and Adam are related to Alfie somehow.

And Hamilton could DEFINITELY support an NHL team.

12Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hamilton yes and that is who I voted for. I'm talking about Quebec City!! I don't think they'd be able to sustain an NHL franchise. I could be wrong and would love to be wrong on that one.

- Unknown Author

13Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:29 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I voted: Winnipeg, Quebec City, Las Vegas

14Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If I was voting purely from the heart it would be Quebec, Winnipeg, Halifax, Hamilton in that order BUT, I voted with logic and an expectation of the team being viable indefinitely. My pick was a clear no brainer with Hamilton using profitability as my main reasoning.

- Unknown Author

15Where should the NHL expand to next? Empty Re: Where should the NHL expand to next? Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:49 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:If I was voting purely from the heart it would be Quebec, Winnipeg, Halifax, Hamilton in that order BUT, I voted with logic and an expectation of the team being viable indefinitely. My pick was a clear no brainer with Hamilton using profitability as my main reasoning.

I agree that Hamilton would be the most logical choice money-wise, but it would just add another boring group of fans to the league, a bunch of corporate suits, who could care less about what's going on, on the ice... Quebec City would be good for the game, the players would love the atmosphere... But like has been said i'm not sure Quebec could support it, which is too bad...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum