GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #4: Coyotes @ Sens, Oct 18, 2016, 7:30pm

+8
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
spader
MarkStone
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Enjoy your trip back to junior, Chabot. Nah, I'm half joking.

Nice to pick up some Ws when Matrix isn't even quite in form yet. 

Hoffman's shot selection was pretty poor. 

That Karlsson goal was hilarious.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Yo 11K ppl only?? wtf Ottawa???

MarkStone

Rookie
Rookie

It's time to upgrade the goaltending. I'd make a big pitch for fleury.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally think it's huge that we're winning with Ceci, Phaneuf and Anderson still ironing out their games. This was one of Hoffman's better games IMO, protected the puck really well, used his speed and especially his stick handling to make things happen. It looked pretty dangerous when Turris and Stone were with him, especially in the third.

Can't say enough good things about Kelly, Pyatt and Dzingel.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:It's time to upgrade the goaltending. I'd make a big pitch for fleury.

Now? Anderson's been so good for so long, why would you panic 4 games into a season when he missed training camp?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:It's time to upgrade the goaltending. I'd make a big pitch for fleury.
Sideways move at best. Anderson will pick it up. If we go after a goaltender we might as well target bishop.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I personally think it's huge that we're winning with Ceci, Phaneuf and Anderson still ironing out their games.  This was one of Hoffman's better games IMO, protected the puck really well, used his speed and especially his stick handling to make things happen.  It looked pretty dangerous when Turris and Stone were with him, especially in the third.

Can't say enough good things about Kelly, Pyatt and Dzingel.
Dzingel looks like the real deal. Might be told to start looking for an apartment in a short order if he doesn't let up. How many more games does he have to play before he's no longer waivers eligible?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Sideways move at best. Anderson will pick it up. If we go after a goaltender we might as well target bishop.

Yeah, you're not the first to suggest that and I agree. If you can get him and it doesn't cost the farm...or as a free agent.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Now?  Anderson's been so good for so long, why would you panic 4 games into a season when he missed training camp?
I'm thinking we reevaluate after the season and closer to the expansion draft.perfect time as some teams might be looking to move one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, you're not the first to suggest that and I agree.  If you can get him and it doesn't cost the farm...or as a free agent.
Or I keep repeating it often enough... Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, you're not the first to suggest that and I agree.  If you can get him and it doesn't cost the farm...or as a free agent.

Tampa's gonna trade him, but if he's not gone by now, I wonder what the cost is. Sky high, I would guess.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess I was right about "Pyes" Pyatt being a good addition. What a shocker.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's been good alright.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Tampa's gonna trade him, but if he's not gone by now, I wonder what the cost is.  Sky high, I would guess.
6 mill per on a 5 year contract is my guess. I think I heard some rumblings coming out about that when he was almost traded to Calgary. I think Elliot will Crap the bed in cal. Not nearly the defensive structure he's used to having in st-Louis. They should have paid more for bishop.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess I was right about "Pyes" Pyatt being a good addition. What a shocker.

I guess we should put more faith in Boucher in the future.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Tampa's gonna trade him, but if he's not gone by now, I wonder what the cost is.  Sky high, I would guess.
6 mill per on a 5 year contract is my guess. I think I heard some rumblings coming out about that when he was almost traded to Calgary. I think Elliot will Crap the bed in cal. Not nearly the defensive structure he's used to having in st-Louis. They should have paid more for bishop.
I thought he wanted 7 million long term?  I can't be bothered looking it up now, but I'm pretty sure

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They will probably wait for the "system" to be fully in place first and if the goaltending still sucks by then I agree it needs to be adressed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're 3-1 coming out of the gate with our #1 goalie and best winger having missed camp, our second pairing not playing as well as we've seen them play, another top-six winger not playing at all, a new system from a complete new coaching staff being implemented, several new players (Kelly, Pyatt, Varone) and missing our #1 anthem singer at home games. I think we've been very fortunate with the schedule (Leafs, no-Price-Habs, Detroit, Arizona) and we've taken advantage of it. The new system will take 10-15 games before we see consistent improvements -- I don't think we have seen them yet.

The powerplay was humming in the pre-season but (despite looking pretty good) it has not clicked very much (yet) in the first 4 games.

The PK has been pretty good except for one game.

Our 16 goals leads the league, I believe (NHL stats page has us at 9, so not fully updated but I checked scores from last night and I believe our 16 is tops right now) and 4 goals/game is top-three.

Our goals against is in the bottom-third, that has to improve.

Erik Karlsson is tied for second in the league in points (some stats not updated and I didn't check all scores from last night but Burns is at 9 and Karlsson/Marchand are at 7).

Karlsson is taking a fairly regular shift on the PK and is *leading* the league (tied with Marchand) in +/- (the reigning Norris winner is at -1 -- let's see how well he does without Quick behind him).

It's way too early to draw any meaningful conclusions but 3-1? Yeah, I'll take that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum