GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

+3
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

San Jose in 6.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

OK, all picks are in and here are the possible outcomes:

PIT4: Michallica
PIT5: Ev
PIT6: (tie) Michallica, me
PIT7: Michallica
SJS4,5,6: Tim
SJS7: SD

Spader and Flo are mathematically eminated.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy smokes.  Way to math it up, Walter. If I had gone SJ in 7, would that have changed things?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:OK, all picks are in and here are the possible outcomes:

Yeah whatever! You're eliminated! :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Holy smokes.  Way to math it up, Walter.  If I had gone SJ in 7, would that have changed things?

Then you would have been guaranteed to win as long as the Sharks won.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, all picks are in and here are the possible outcomes:

Yeah whatever! You're eliminated! :crossarms:

Penguins in 6 is a perfectly plausible outcome. It's probably not gonna happen but it's entirely possible.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Holy smokes.  Way to math it up, Walter.  If I had gone SJ in 7, would that have changed things?

Can I change my pick?   Dammit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Can I change my pick?   Dammit!

Of course not.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm taking the title

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I'm taking the title

It looks that way. Farkin' San Jose looks lost. Pavelski, Couture, Burns, Marleau, Thornton...wake up!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Perennial losers vs this generation's greatest player.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Perennial losers vs this generation's greatest player.

It's hard to call San Jose "losers" since they beat...who was it...LA, Nashville and St Louis to get to the Finals?

They sure are playing like losers right now. I get that Pittsburgh is doing a very good job shutting down some of their top players, but the sheer lack of physicality is mind-boggling.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

It's hard to call San Jose "losers" since they beat...who was it...LA, Nashville and St Louis to get to the Finals?

They sure are playing like losers right now.  I get that Pittsburgh is doing a very good job shutting down some of their top players, but the sheer lack of physicality is mind-boggling.

It certainly doesn't help that it appears the Penguins will have to decapitate a Shark player and urinate down the severed esophagus before the zebras call a minor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phil?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I'm taking the title

It looks that way.  Farkin' San Jose looks lost.  Pavelski, Couture, Burns, Marleau, Thornton...wake up!

All they have to do is win one more and I get to share in their glory, along with Michallica. Who's with me?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, it is now impossible for me to win the pool, so I'll just start ignoring this topic.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Poor San Jose, I remember 2007 when we got waxed. It hurts and it'll hurt for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Poor San Jose, I remember 2007 when we got waxed.  It hurts and it'll hurt for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

Y'know I think it's actually easier on the fans when it's not close. When we lost in 07, I was like "Alright, we can learn from this whuppin', make a couple tweaks, and come back stronger." Of course, that didn't quite happen, but that's besides the point. You were just outplayed by a better team.

If you lose a really close 6 or 7 game series, then you're left with the feeling that it was a coin toss that didn't go your way...and you're more prone to focus on a couple individual penalty calls/goals/whatever that will haunt you.

I mean fark, could you imagine watching your team in Game 7 OT of the Cup Finals? My heart would probably explode, and then if we lost....wow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum