GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not?  Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer.  All of them
I think you've gone off the deep end a little.  He has never had any coaching experience.   It would be a disaster.  

Youre not curious to see what one of the great hockey minds could do behind the bench?  It didn't work for Gretzky,  but does that mean you never try with Alfie?
Not even remotely curious.  It takes special talent to do that job well, not to mention once you fire him he's gone from the org for good.  
Haha, hadn't read that quote yet. I completely agree. Not what I want with Alfie.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Alfie has no coaching experience and I think we all agree that, apart from getting some fresh blood, we need to get an *experienced* NHL head coach.

Just not Torts.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Three words: Iron. Mike. Keenan.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Puking2
tim1_2 wrote:Three words: Iron. Mike. Keenan.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BOBBY RYAN SLUMPWATCH 2016

Last 21 GP: 3G, 4A, -11 rating. This includes a grand total of one goal in March.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Assistants: Brian Noonan & Stephane Matteau.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Assistants: Brian Noonan & Stephane Matteau.

Ohhhhh. Intriguing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 G036AyR

Woo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 G036AyR

Woo

Oh...I wish so bad...talk about getting your star C right away.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I love the part that says "You have run the simulator 1 time". First, as a programmer, I salute the guy/gal who obviously coded it to distinguish between the singular ("1 time") and plural (2 or more times); yes, I am assuming it will display "times" the next try. It's a small thing but it shows you're serious about your craft. Second, you go that one the first try? Go buy a 6/49 ticket.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neil will draw back in next game, Phaneuf still out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gordie Wilson says he likely won't be back this season. But didn't he just pass his baseling?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

what is the upside to playing MacArthur?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:what is the upside to playing MacArthur?
see if he can actually still play or if he will suffer from further commotions and retire.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
see if he can actually still play or if he will suffer from further commotions and retire.
He wouldn't retire either way. He's got a large contract to collect.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How does insurance work, anyway? If he stays on the IR would his salary continue to be covered by insurance? Is it only a portion that is covered? Is there a time limit? They were talking about him potentially coming back and I missed the exact connection, but they were talking about some risk with having to pay the remainder of his contract out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
He wouldn't retire either way.  He's got a large contract to collect.  
well retire in the chris pronger/marc savard type of retirement. cash in hand.

man, both those guys pretty much signed checks and were pretty much done with their careers.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:How does insurance work, anyway?  If he stays on the IR would his salary continue to be covered by insurance?  Is it only a portion that is covered?  Is there a time limit?  They were talking about him potentially coming back and I missed the exact connection, but they were talking about some risk with having to pay the remainder of his contract out.  
Not all contracts are insured. I know for a fact that Phillips contract is insured. Not sure about CMac.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum