GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

+4
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And we lose 9mm again. This team is in a rough patch

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Gave the game away. Stone should have had 2 goals, would have made it a different game.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Hammond has been outstanding. Number one goalie

3-6-1.

Number one goalie confirmed Sarcasm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm getting tired of this Dung

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not much fight to this bunch. Bobby Ryan was pretty involved.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

We've had horrid defense for 4-5 years now.

Murray needs to go. big time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

We made ye playoffs in the lockout season due to goals against being low

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Anderson had a 0.941 Sv% and Lehner had 0.936
Braden Holtby this season has 0.930.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Anderson had a 0.941 Sv% and Lehner had 0.936
Braden Holtby this season has 0.930.

What's your point.

We had a decent d at the time.

And our lack of success as of late is more on Lack of scoring and bad goaltending as well as the d. It's a mixed bag.

I'm expecting a trade on Monday

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?

Not that crazy considering not many d reach 40 these days.

But I agree, we just need one more d.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

Not that crazy considering not many d reach 40 these days.

But I agree, we just need one more d.

I don't know if it's murray, melnyk, our scouts or whoever. But when I see Nick Leddy dancing around our team last night and the return the Hawks got when they traded him, it depresses me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leddy is just ok.

Anyway it looks like a new era might be rushing in with the his lebreton stuff. Mel yuk is facing stiff competition

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:Hammond has been outstanding. Number one goalie

3-6-1.

Number one goalie confirmed Sarcasm

He gave them a chance. The goal off Cowen's back is 2 minutes for delay of game if that's Wideman standing in the crease. Stone getting stoned *twice*. Taking 3 minors in the first half of the first period. Just gave the game away.

Ryan was great. The callups were fine if, perhaps, a bit too much fire in the belly. We've had a problem on the left side ever since Mac went down. Michalek, went healthy, is a 3rd liner at this point, and Smith is a great 4th line center. Yet those two and AHL callups is what we've had on our top line for most of the season. And then since 6 weeks ago we've had our 1LC playing on one knee.

Meanwhile Murray has done what, exactly?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Leddy is just ok.

Anyway it looks like a new era might be rushing in with the his lebreton stuff. Mel yuk is facing stiff competition

"Just ok" is what it would take to help, right now, because Wierioch/Cowen/Claesson/Boro (wrong side/top pairing) are below that level right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm with you on the overpayment. If it needs to be done. The only hick is I don't want it to be white or Chabot. Any pick is in play if you ask me. So is lazar and many guys on the roster. The only untreatable should be turris, stone, Ryan Karlsson. Zib and methot shouldn't really be involved in the conversation as it wouldn't make sense to move them for a D and neither is pageau as it probably make us weaker and he doesn't have the necessary value to bring in anyone of worth.
Obviously the goalies aren't going anywhere.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why obviously on the goalies?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/andercr01.html

There are some interesting new stats added there. I've never seen these stats before so I cannot really say much about them. But they certainly do not look very complimentary. Also see the yo-yo from one season to the next.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum