GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016

+6
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:I'd rather have Puempel in for Prince. We need some goals.

Puempel has one goal in 11 games in Ottawa this season. I personally don't care either way but I'm not convinced Puempel would add that much.

Well I'd call Nick Paul up as well as he is on a hot streak.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Wow did we ever steal those 2 points.  Even Couture's SO attempt went through Andy but stopped just before the goal line.  Next!

Funniest line on the telecast: Start the car!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yep, when you have Smith/McCormick/Lazar/Chiasson/Pageau/Borowiecki all outscoring your top-line center over the last 15 games, that's a bit of a problem.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puempel has one goal in 11 games in Ottawa this season. I personally don't care either way but I'm not convinced Puempel would add that much.

Turris has zero in 15, so there's that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think they'll just ask Luke and ignore what we're saying here.

But that won't stop me from asking why they continue to play Karlsson with Claesson? He's been on the ice for a lot of goals against the last while and I'm pretty sure at least some of that is Claesson. I'm not a fan of Karlsson with Boro either, but at least that way we know Boro is playing his natural side. Honestly, would you not try Wiercioch there at this point?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Turris has zero in 15, so there's that.

Worse than that. He has 2 goals and 6 points since December 3rd and Mark Stone has 4 goals and 10 points since the same time and they're a combined -31. I love these two players, I hope they get going soon, they're obviously a major part of our offense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Tricky situation. Paul has finally started to really adapt to the pros after a very tough start (apparently). Is now the time to call him up? Or does he need the entire year to continue to develop to the pros. Same with Lindberg, he had a really rough stretch and now he's settling into the pros quite well. I think you leave these two guys alone and you look at Dzingel or Puempel.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Tricky situation.  Paul has finally started to really adapt to the pros after a very tough start (apparently).  Is now the time to call him up?  Or does he need the entire year to continue to develop to the pros.  Same with Lindberg, he had a really rough stretch and now he's settling into the pros quite well.  I think you leave these two guys alone and you look at Dzingel or Puempel.
Keep em' down there. Puempel is the guy you call up at this point. He either can or cannot do it.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I hesitate to say we stole those 2 points. I thought the sens played pretty well through the first two periods, and then they got dominated in the 3rd period where they gave up the lead to the sharks. They seem to reel it back in after the 3rd San Jose goal. Anderson was great.

What a goal by Smitty!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoffman day to day according to Dean Brown.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:I hesitate to say we stole those 2 points.  I thought the sens played pretty well through the first two periods, and then they got dominated in the 3rd period where they gave up the lead to the sharks.  They seem to reel it back in after the 3rd San Jose goal.  Anderson was great.  

What a goal by Smitty!

There was definitely pushback after the the Sharks' go-ahead goal. I don't think they were outplayed two-to-one like the shot count indicates. A lot of shots came in bunches when the Sens got hemmed in their own end, and a lot of those shots were of the desperate get-anything-at-the-net variety. Even Couture's goal was like that -- an otherwise broken pay and then an off-balance shot that squeaks through Anderson (off his blocker and then down through his legs???!)

That said, those times they essentially pinned the Sens to the mat and mercilessly beat them for a full minute or longer are the stuff of nightmares. In a lot of the cases the Sens are either too late on the puck (got to anticipate more where the rebound would go and get there before the other guy) or are just a little too weak on the puck carrier. That one time Bobby just threw the puck carrier into the boards (he *just* managed to get the pass off) was fantastic. Need more of that kind of play from everyone else. You are going to get hit one way or another, there's no avoiding it, so you may as well control the when and where.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You make a good points, Walter, about the Sens being too soft on the puck. Most of our forwards don't play hard enough on the puck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most of our D, too. Especially with Methot out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum