GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

mattshock


Veteran
Veteran
Sportsnet "analysts"? What a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I would put their valuable insight somewhere between a houseplant and the kidnapped brother of the prosecutor from Gigli.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
mattshock wrote:Sportsnet "analysts"? What a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I would put their valuable insight somewhere between a houseplant and the kidnapped brother of the prosecutor from Gigli.

Laugh1 How many of us nerds get that right away I wonder?

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I like Kipper.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:
mattshock wrote:Sportsnet "analysts"? What a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I would put their valuable insight somewhere between a houseplant and the kidnapped brother of the prosecutor from Gigli.

Laugh1 How many of us nerds get that right away I wonder?

Not the smart ones who didn't bother renting Gigli.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:I like Kipper.

Explains a few things.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:-snip-

Not the smart ones who didn't bother renting Gigli.

Trying to watch that movie is a test of one's mettle. There's no shame in failure.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
mattshock wrote:Sportsnet "analysts"? What a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I would put their valuable insight somewhere between a houseplant and the kidnapped brother of the prosecutor from Gigli.

Laugh1 How many of us nerds get that right away I wonder?

Not the smart ones who didn't bother renting Gigli.

What is this "renting" you speak of? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
mattshock wrote:Sportsnet "analysts"? What a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I would put their valuable insight somewhere between a houseplant and the kidnapped brother of the prosecutor from Gigli.

Laugh1 How many of us nerds get that right away I wonder?

Not the smart ones who didn't bother renting Gigli.

What is this "renting" you speak of? Sarcasm

Back when the movie came out I still had a Blockbuster card.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
A friend of mine has offered an alternate take on the new Sens logo:

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 CJbeg9SUsAAGieh

https://twitter.com/Mr_Jay_Earle/status/618926657198407680

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:A friend of mine has offered an alternate take on the new Sens logo:

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 CJbeg9SUsAAGieh

https://twitter.com/Mr_Jay_Earle/status/618926657198407680

Too late. Just wasn't Earle-y enough...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Damn that's way better than their current logo. Should have used something like this instead. But 25th anniversary isn't for a while so there's still some hope!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
On that note though, I think we Ottawans complain a lot too. It's just a stinking logo, not like they're plastering that all over their jerseys...right?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:Damn that's way better than their current logo. Should have used something like this instead. But 25th anniversary isn't for a while so there's still some hope!

He seems to think it is t too late. He just entered some sort of contest through silver seven.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:A friend of mine has offered an alternate take on the new Sens logo:

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 CJbeg9SUsAAGieh

https://twitter.com/Mr_Jay_Earle/status/618926657198407680

Like it a lot

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ottawa's marketing sucks and honestly, the fans (in this case) know a lot more about design then the team does. I know nothing about it and couldn't provide anything other than a yay or nay, that logo is a yay. Well done.

I don't have an artist bone in my body.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i don't understand the big deal about our current logo. I think the original logo was better but I don't mind the current one. Not sure why people say it's ugly?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Ottawa's marketing sucks and honestly, the fans (in this case) know a lot more about design then the team does.  I know nothing about it and couldn't provide anything other than a yay or nay, that logo is a yay.  Well done.

I don't have an artist bone in my body.

Nor does the person who came up with the official logo for the 25th.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:On that note though, I think we Ottawans complain a lot too. It's just a stinking logo, not like they're plastering that all over their jerseys...right?

Au contraire, I think we (Canadians, not just Ottawans) complain too little. For example, why has there been nothing done about residential taxes? For years and years the housing values were going up at a 7% annual rate and since taxes are millrate x assessment it means that our taxes, even without changes to the millrate, were going up 7% per year. That's double the rate of inflation in good economic times, and 4 times or more the actual recent rate of inflation. But they still continued to raise them. If this was Europe there would have been huge demonstrations, union strikes, public beheadings, etc. OK, maybe the unions would have stayed out of it (after all, there's nothing in it for them). Instead, we just sort our garbage, knock-down and fold our cardboard, crush our cans and bend over and ask for more.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum