GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:IMO it is obvious that the only reason they signed Wideman to a 600K/400K two way, is that it may take into the early season to jettison one of Phillips, Cowen or Wiercioch.  The Sens don't willingly pay AHL players 400K, they plan on him being in Ottawa most of, if not all of the year.

PRetty much. He will be here most if not all year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sharp won't be coming. They want value for him that we can't spare. Williams to Pittsburgh makes more sense than Williams to ottawa.
Is glencross done?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
The Ottawa Senators don't need depth forwards. Let's roll with our guys.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
LeCaptain wrote:He'll stay in Ottawa. No better option on the 3rd pairing on the right.

No better option but a more optimistic outlook IMO is that he's a great option on that 3rd pairing. Again, he's going to surprise a lot of people and I think he eventually becomes a guy that gets locked down on the blueline for more than just next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah I've never understood Murray's fascination with trying to find another top 6 guy

NEELY

Mod
Mod
LeCaptain wrote:The Ottawa Senators don't need depth forwards. Let's roll with our guys.

The last thing the Sens need is another forward. Maybe they move Hoffman and Chaisson in a deal for a forward somewhere else (Skinner perhaps?) but that's about the only movement I think you see.

The last thing the Sens need to do right now is overpay for a player who will cost the Sens a potential prospect who is ready to make the jump (Prince, Puempel).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah I've never understood Murray's fascination with trying to find another top 6 guy

He probably wants to improve the team or something crazy like that. The more unproven, the better eh Spezzer?

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Seriously, he wants to upgrade on Hoffman and Chaisson... don't blame him. Hoffman has the potential to get anywhere from 3-4 mil in arbitration and there's probably a good chance he walks the second he gets a chance to. I don't expect Murray to make a UFA signing but you can pretty much bet he will make a move (or let one happen via offer sheet) before the season begins.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:Sharp won't be coming.  They want value for him that we can't spare.   Williams to Pittsburgh makes more sense than Williams to ottawa.
Is glencross done?
Ottawa is not in on Sharpe because Chicago can't take players/contracts back. Williams is not an option. Eberle if we're lucky, but I don't see much else.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Again, Skinner is very much available.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Again, Skinner is very much available.

The WTF are we waiting for?!?!?

LET'S DO IT!!!!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
True, but I don't think he's any less risky than Hoffman.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The WTF are we waiting for?!?!?

LET'S DO IT!!!!

Skinner has not been the player he was in his first year since that concussion. Don't think he ever got over it and good chance never will.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah I've never understood Murray's fascination with trying to find another top 6 guy

He probably wants to improve the team or something crazy like that. The more unproven, the better eh Spezzer?

Unproven nothing, we have a lineup of players looking for a chance. If he's looking to upgrade thars different, but I doubt he'd able to upgrade Hoffman.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't know skinner has come close once after his first concussion to the30 goal. My guess is that Pittsburg is trying to scoop him to play with Crosby. That could be very dangerous.

I don't think Williams isn't a possibility and that will factor in very much on if Pitts goes after skinner or not.
If Murray can't find a good trade for a top 6 guy he may be tempted by Williams. And then you might see a few guys moved for picks.
I really don't know how the org feels about Chiasson right now. They've been tight lipped about him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Also there has been significant chatter around the organization that sens are willing to spend right now to make this team into a contender. If you think they will stand pat this season and stick with what we've got then you better think again. Either they will trade for a bigger ticket than they already have or they will be giving some significant money to a FA.

No way do we go into next season with the roster we have. No way. I just hope it's not Stewart.

As it stands right now I would let condra walk and lazar start in the minor. If Chiasson is still here then I have no problem with him starting on that 3rd line. And since everyone is penciling Neil to stay that's your 4rth line RW.
In the left you have a mix of mac, Hoffman and that is where you slide Williams IMO. Then it's pumpel or prince as injuries happen With michalek to start.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:Also there has been significant chatter around the organization that sens are willing to spend right now to make this team into a contender. If you think they will stand pat this season and stick with what we've got then you better think again. Either they will trade for a bigger ticket than they already have or they will be giving some significant money to a FA.

No way do we go into next season with the roster we have. No way. I just hope it's not Stewart.

As it stands right now I would let condra walk and lazar start in the minor. If Chiasson is still here then I have no problem with him starting on that 3rd line. And since everyone is penciling Neil to stay that's your 4rth line RW.
In the left you have a mix of mac, Hoffman and that is where you slide Williams IMO. Then it's pumpel or prince as injuries happen With michalek to start.
Where are you hearing the chatter. I haven't heard anything since November and at that point I was told 60M (ish) this season, 65M (ish) next season and full on whatever it takes in following seasons. Melnyk has ALWAYS been open to bringing in rentals at the deadline no matter the salary.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:I don't know skinner has come close once after his first concussion to the30 goal. My guess is that Pittsburg is trying to scoop him to play with Crosby. That could be very dangerous.

I don't think Williams isn't a possibility and that will factor in very much on if Pitts goes after skinner or not.
If Murray can't find a good trade for a top 6 guy he may be tempted by Williams. And then you might see a few guys moved for picks.
I really don't know how the org feels about Chiasson right now. They've been tight lipped about him.

Kessel with Crosby would be ridiculous. He should be their target and a blockbuster could significantly help both franchises. Would you make this trade?

To Toronto: Malkin, Kunitz, Bennett
To Pittsburgh: Kessel, Rielly, Kadri, 1st rd pick 2016

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum