GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
xzel
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
LeCaptain
shabbs
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.
Holy cow. Didn't realize his numbers were that good.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Alfie has 1G 8A in 8 games too.

SpezDispenser wrote:
Holy cow.  Didn't realize his numbers were that good.
Hmm I hope Tampa doesn't do well, 1 less playoff spot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lapierre hearing is today. Not sure if it's noon or 2pm. Seen both times referenced.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Beat the Hawks and Kings, so not a soft schedule.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Bishop has played 305 minutes, and has faced 140 shots.
Anderson has played 312 minutes, and has faced 197 shots.
Lehner has played 114 minutes, and has faced 97 shots. Not even 2 games, Lehner has faced 97 shots.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Alfie has 1G 8A in 8 games too.

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hmm I hope Tampa doesn't do well, 1 less playoff spot.
Alfie can suck it, but yeah, I kinda hope Bishop does well, but TB sucks so we're not competing with them too.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lou gives the NJ coaching staff his vote of confidence... which means... they'll all be canned in the next 5 days.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Lou gives the NJ coaching staff his vote of confidence... which means... they'll all be canned in the next 5 days.
I bet they are trying to coax Jacques Lemaire to come out of retirement(again) Smile 

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Lou gives the NJ coaching staff his vote of confidence... which means... they'll all be canned in the next 5 days.
It's not really the coaching staff...that is a bad team. Brodeur should not be tending net anymore .

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was listening to AM 690 while driving for some errands. They are saying Therrien should be the defensive coach for Team Canada because he has done such a wonderful job with PK. Since he came on PK has won the Norris and has started this year as the best defenseman in the league, nay the world! I'm not making this up, they already have him in the HHoF (PK, that is).

I know it's easy to dislike the guy but seriously what has he done? He outscored all other defensemen in a short season; we are yet to see what he can do in a full 82-game schedule (and, frankly, once you get to this level, who even cares about the first 82 games?) He is a very reckless hitter with his flying-a$$ hits; he will start getting called for these when people start getting hurt; he will also get killed for it by either hurting something of his own or by being pummeled by a bigger team mate of one of his victims. And he still mouths off to the refs all the time, so he will continue to take penalties that will, eventually, hurt his team.

Anyhow, good on him for being off to a quick start, tied for 2nd in league scoring. But let's see how this looks by Christmas time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Great story about a U of T goalie who served as an emergency replacement for Reimer when he got "kicked out" in the 1st minute:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-emergency-backup-willows-a-habs-fan/

Wearing his Canadiens ball cap, the 23-year-old Willows had just tucked into a chicken dish at the Noodle Bowl when his phone rang. It was his University of Toronto head coach, Darren Lowe, saying he had to rush to the Air Canada Centre and potentially play in the National Hockey League.

Willows was sitting beside teammate and fellow goaltender Garrett Sheehan, with whom he splits starts for the Varsity Blues, when he got the dream call. Only because Willows was not scheduled to start Friday night’s game was he the one chosen. (The student had made a career-high 50 saves against Ryerson Wednesday.)

“I pulled out a 20 and dropped it on the table and said, ‘You guys can keep the change. I gotta go,’ ” Willows told Jeff Blair of Sportsnet The Fan 590 Friday. “Needless to say, I sprinted down Bloor and got there as fast as I could — in the pouring rain.”

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Reimer is fine, and is back at practice, and the Leafs hope to rebound against the Hawks.

Laughing3 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That Reimer injury looked very similar to the one he had 2 seasons ago, but this time it was by his own player.

Hilarious long range goal by the 'Canes last night too... and it was the game winner...

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
It's not really the coaching staff...that is a bad team.  Brodeur should not be tending net anymore .
Like I said:

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I wonder if Pete DeBoer has enough authority to make Schneider the #1? Poor bastard couldn't even pull Fraudeur because I think The Fraud is still running the team like he did when he got Claude Julien fired.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devils host the Rags on Saturday... so something's gotta give there.

I predict a Devils win.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MAF is 7-0.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:MAF is 7-0.
It's the regular season.