GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

+13
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
Hobiesens
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:nothing wrong with Turris. In a role he isn't supposed to be in and has performed adequately with a 40 year old linemate who looks way past his prime and a revolving door on the other wing.

Fluke loss, forget about it. It's not like they will be playing this team any time soon.

And next time we play them it'll be a somewhat different lineup.

Could have sure used Karlsson tonight. The D did not have a great game, except for Methot. Gonchar looked slow, old and disinterested. Wiercioch was too soft. Cowen was struggling a bit but that's to be expected. Adrenalin's worn off and he's not in game shape yet. Smith was great on face offs, Pageau not too shabby. Unfortunately they weren't the ones taking the majority of the face offs.

I hate saying this, and it's not hindsight, but Kassian was a mistake. He was pretty useless out there.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:That 3rd goal on Andy was the back breaker.

Yeah. A few shifts earlier I asked my kid if Kadri was even playing. He was invisible tonight. Then a nothing shot from way out and he's on the scoresheet. Not a good goal by Andy.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I told you he'd be useless.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:They do not do well against these teams who get out shot heavily. Anderson needs a lot of shots to stay focused. Those last 2 goals are because he was sleeping most of the 3rd.

I think the problem with the Leafs is their D is solid in front. Yeah, they gave up a lot of shots, but there was little traffic in front of Reimer, and the Sens did not get to the rebounds quickly enough. And at least 10 of the shots were right into Reimer's gut.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Puking2

Not much else has to be said when the Leafs clinch a playoff spot off a win vs. the Sens at SBP.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't even really care about this loss, I just want to make the playoffs.

I care because I was there and had to endure the Leafs fans celebrating 9 years of mediocrity.

It's a good thing the Leafs made it to the post-season after only missing 9 years, because if it got to 10 and beyond, well, let's just say most of them can't count past 10 without taking their pants off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, seriously, where's Shabbs?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sums it up nicely:

Coach: 50 shots, 27 blocked, 13 missed the net. We had the puck a lot of the night... Reimer made a lot of saves.

Coach: They do a good job defending their net... obviously we have to go harder.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That waived-off goal should have been a penalty. Few seconds earlier he skated right into Anderson and made absolutely no attempt to avoid him. Neil got called for his, but not this one.

And in that fight McLaren grabbed Kassian's hair -- way after the got his helmet off -- and also head-butted him a bit (Kassian said he felt something hit his nose and it wasn't a fist -- said he hoped it was not intentional).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also, what's with the stupid Habs fans? They show up to a Leafs-Sens game wearing their Habs jerseys. Every time they flashed the Habs-Caps game score I smiled quietly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow why would they do that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That waived-off goal should have been a penalty. Few seconds earlier he skated right into Anderson and made absolutely no attempt to avoid him. Neil got called for his, but not this one.

And in that fight McLaren grabbed Kassian's hair -- way after the got his helmet off -- and also head-butted him a bit (Kassian said he felt something hit his nose and it wasn't a fist -- said he hoped it was not intentional).

Even you can surely see the difference between what Neil did and what Komarov did. It was debatable whether that even should have been waived off.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:nothing wrong with Turris. In a role he isn't supposed to be in and has performed adequately with a 40 year old linemate who looks way past his prime and a revolving door on the other wing.

Fluke loss, forget about it. It's not like they will be playing this team any time soon.

Are you saying it's Alfie's fault if Turris is playing like crap? 'Cause that is ... Not smart ...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:

Are you saying it's Alfie's fault if Turris is playing like crap? 'Cause that is ... Not smart ...

What? No. I'm saying Alfredsson is old and is not great some nights, like tonight. Not his fault, he's old. Turris isn't playing like crap, fans just need their whipping boy. Guy is on a 50 point pace playing top minutes with average linemates. He would be far, far better behind Jason Spezza.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

So how many more times do we need to lose to them before it stops becoming a fluke ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

So how many more times do we need to lose to them before it stops becoming a fluke ?

They dominated them tonight.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote: Puking2

Not much else has to be said when the Leafs clinch a playoff spot off a win vs. the Sens at SBP.

What a fiasco! Time to blow this Dung up!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:That waived-off goal should have been a penalty. Few seconds earlier he skated right into Anderson and made absolutely no attempt to avoid him. Neil got called for his, but not this one.

Even you can surely see the difference between what Neil did and what Komarov did. It was debatable whether that even should have been waived off.

Thanks for the input Evan. I was at the game so I did not have the benefit of a replay. I saw a guy in a blue jersey shoot the puck (which I believe went wide) then skate right into the crease, bumping into Anderson, then not making any (serious) attempt to leave the crease. The initial contact constitutes running the goalie and should have been a penalty, just like Neil's was. Yes, I can see the difference between what Neil and the other guy did, but both were penalties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum