GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Finals 2012

+12
NEELY
Hoags
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Stanley Cup 2012

Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Vote_lcap214%Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Vote_lcap286%Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 86% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

196Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
spader wrote:Parise was a -8 in the playoffs. scratch

That's actually incredibly surprising to me, I wonder if that's an indication of a shotty defensive game or bad coaching or just bad luck.

All that plus the small sample size. I know it's a sometimes meaningless stat, and all, but that -8 was a team-worst, and that is odd.

197Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

This is why you play hockey:

198Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Ladies and Gentleman, Jonathan "F-cking" Quick:

199Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:46 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

can u tell he's drunk? LOL that's pretty bad on his part, celebration or not.

200Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oh yeah, he's wasted. His teammates loved it though. I think most of the fans did too. I'm sure there were some upset ones, legitimately or not, about the swearing. Perhaps parents with young ones in attendance. I can understand some people simply getting upset because of the circumstances and using this as some sort of platform to raise their own celebrity.

201Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:05 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Oh yeah, he's wasted. His teammates loved it though. I think most of the fans did too. I'm sure there were some upset ones, legitimately or not, about the swearing. Perhaps parents with young ones in attendance. I can understand some people simply getting upset because of the circumstances and using this as some sort of platform to raise their own celebrity.

That's the one. I don't think he should be swearing like that in such an occasion, at least not with a microphone while he's addressing the crowd full of kids who are thrilled to see their team win. Still hilarious though

202Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

At the same time, let's not pretend these kids have never been exposed to that kind of swearing, or worse, and it's also Quick not pretending to be something he is not. I think I have heard Crosby swear on TV more than Quick, and which is the bigger role model?

203Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The real hilarious part was the Fox host who apologizes for the obsenities just before saying "...and not back to Jonathan Quick".

While I in no-way condone such behavior (this was 2:30PM local time so there is no excuse for either being too hung over or already too buzzed not to be able to control your mouth) I also think it was terribly stupid of FOX *not* to have this on a 7-second delay.

204Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:13 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh. Diddle.

205Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:15 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:At the same time, let's not pretend these kids have never been exposed to that kind of swearing, or worse, and it's also Quick not pretending to be something he is not. I think I have heard Crosby swear on TV more than Quick, and which is the bigger role model?

Give crosby a microphone, ask him to address the crowd and lets see how many swear words come out. There's a heat of the moment thing where everyone swears, what quick did wasn't a heat of the moment thing. Sure he got caught up in the inebriation, everyone makes mistakes....whatever. Makes for a funny story in the end but I don't condone it, despite the old excuse of 'well kids already know of that word, hear it at skool, probably use it themselves, blah blah blah'

206Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There's a way to handle yourself in public, drug, stonned, high, w.e. It's not funny at all because everyone has heard the word and it just shows a lack respect using it in a huge public forum like that for no reason other than he was "drunk".

He's a dumb Donkey, don't care how good of a goaltender he is.

207Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think people are being too hard on him.

Him and his team worked their Donkey to win the Cup, sure he's probably pissed the drunk but the guy probably achieved beyond anything he ever imagined.

He's Cussing happy, instead of a nice PC speech he just cut loose. He's on top of the world right now.

If I won the Cup and Conn Smythe I'd be going around swearing and stuff too.

208Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, he always comes across as a bit of a dummy. Pretty funny though.

209Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:54 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

Then we'd be calling you a dummy too.

Yeah, I give Quick a pass on this. He's young...he just gave everything he has over a long season and playoffs to win the Stanley Cup...he deserves to be absolutely loaded Beer

And he likely suffered the ultimate consequence later. Puking2

Lesson learned.

210Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:31 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:I think people are being too hard on him.

Him and his team worked their Donkey to win the Cup, sure he's probably pissed the drunk but the guy probably achieved beyond anything he ever imagined.

He's Cussing happy, instead of a nice PC speech he just cut loose. He's on top of the world right now.

Not with a live mic in your hand, a crowd of parents and their kids, and being televised. He came off like an idiot because he acted like one. Any other job you get fired for that kind of stuff.

211Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:I think people are being too hard on him.

He could have expressed his joy and happiness using different words, though. It will no-doubt take a bit of effort (and money -- hiring a PR firm) to get him to a point where he can get those advertising contracts.

212Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Bah. Everyone needs to relax a bit. Ya, he swore. Ya, some kids probably giggled at it. Who cares?

I'll bet everyone here boycots the Superbowl now because of the wardrobe malfunction a few years ago. Laugh1 We must protect our children's precious eyes and ears from such atrocities. Sarcasm

213Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Bah. Everyone needs to relax a bit. Ya, he swore. Ya, some kids probably giggled at it. Who cares?

I'll bet everyone here boycots the Superbowl now because of the wardrobe malfunction a few years ago. Laugh1 We must protect our children's precious eyes and ears from such atrocities. Sarcasm

As I recall, the wardrobe malfunction and most recently the middle finger last year were all lambasted and condemned acts. No one was saying "that's awesome!" and something was done about it each time. It's just stupidity on the part of Quick and its funny as hell but its so wrong as well. If I was a parent there, I'd be pissed. Don't care about the cup win, I brought my kid there to enjoy the celebration and become a kings fan but I then treated him to some bad behavior that kids will think is ok because successful role models like Jonathan Quick do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum