GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Finals 2012

+12
NEELY
Hoags
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Stanley Cup 2012

Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Vote_lcap214%Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Vote_lcap286%Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 86% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

181Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

It's nice seeing some of these guys get the Cup. Guys like Richards, Carter, Stoll and Greene have all got close over the years, so seeing them finally get it is nice. Touching seeing vets like Mitchell and Gagne get it as well.

182Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don Cherry going on about the shirts and ties yet again!

183Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:30 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That 5-min power play did it early. Devils were not in it after that.

Hockey season is over... let the trades and speculation begin!!!!!

184Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Would not want to be Steve Bernier this morning. Ouch.

I thought the 5-minute call wasn't terrible, but the refs definitely missed calls on the Stoll-on-Gionta hit from behind and goalie interference on Brodeur, both of which occurred before Bernier's hit.

Anyway, yeah, good for the Kings. It's funny that Brown is apparently such a good leader, given his inability to talk in front of a camera. It was like he wasn't even hearing Scott Oake's questions.

185Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Would not want to be Steve Bernier this morning. Ouch.

I thought the 5-minute call wasn't terrible, but the refs definitely missed calls on the Stoll-on-Gionta hit from behind and goalie interference on Brodeur, both of which occurred before Bernier's hit.

Anyway, yeah, good for the Kings. It's funny that Brown is apparently such a good leader, given his inability to talk in front of a camera. It was like he wasn't even hearing Scott Oake's questions.

I kept expecting him to start shouting "Adrian ... Adrian!" Like he was looking for someone in that crowd.

186Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:sorry Jim Hughson but what adversity has this team faced?

I was scratching my head on that one, too. The adversity was "OMG, we actually can lose on the road???! The Horror!"

187Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Coupled with the "groin hair" (Steve Warne's words) all over his face, that interview with Dustin Brown was two of the worst minutes of TV, ever.

I'd take him on my team in a second though.

188Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Brown was probably looking for hos wife and son in the crowd. Not to mention he just captained his team to a cup.

189Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:the Murrays are a pretty unlucky bunch...Terry gets fired they win the Cup. Bryan leaves, Anaheim wins the Cup.

Yeah...was thinking the same thing last night.

190Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Coupled with the "groin hair" (Steve Warne's words) all over his face, that interview with Dustin Brown was two of the worst minutes of TV, ever.

He has a speech impediment so I doubt he's a comfortable speaker.

191Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Coupled with the "groin hair" (Steve Warne's words) all over his face, that interview with Dustin Brown was two of the worst minutes of TV, ever.

He has a speech impediment so I doubt he's a comfortable speaker.

Never stopped Jean Chretien ... or Cole or Cherry.

192Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Would not want to be Steve Bernier this morning. Ouch.

The hit from behind on Gionta by Stoll was about 10 - 15 secs before the Bernier hit. So if O'Rourke (remember him?) would have been half-competent at his job.. he would have called at least a 2 min penalty on Stoll.. the whistle would have been blown with LA possession and the Bernier hit never would have happened. NJ would be on a 2 min PP not a 5 min PK. That was the key to the game for LA... and O'Rourke was responsible.

However LA was overall the better team throughout the entire playoffs... their 16-4 record indicates that.. so they deserved the win. Except that NJ should have had a fair fight in game 6... O'Rourke stopped that...

Bettman is happy today.. Another Southern US team won the Cup.

193Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:58 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dan O'Rourke strikes again! That's what you get when garbage refs are in the finals.

Credibility of this game goes down the drain when refs continually decide games

194Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:39 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Parise was a -8 in the playoffs. scratch

195Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Parise was a -8 in the playoffs. scratch

That's actually incredibly surprising to me, I wonder if that's an indication of a shotty defensive game or bad coaching or just bad luck.

196Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
spader wrote:Parise was a -8 in the playoffs. scratch

That's actually incredibly surprising to me, I wonder if that's an indication of a shotty defensive game or bad coaching or just bad luck.

All that plus the small sample size. I know it's a sometimes meaningless stat, and all, but that -8 was a team-worst, and that is odd.

197Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This is why you play hockey:

198Stanley Cup Finals 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2012 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ladies and Gentleman, Jonathan "F-cking" Quick:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum