GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 60]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The fun starts tonight!!!

Flyers @ Penguins - 7:30pm
Wings @ Preds - 8:00pm
Kings @ Canucks - 10:30pm

WOOHOO!! Playoff hockey is here!!

10:30??! Are you kidding me? I might as well take a sick day. Except we don't have sick days where I work, have to take a vacation day.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Why the heck would they need to burn a year off his ELC? Don't they have enough depth as the 1st seed? Sarcasm

Seriously though...why burn a year now?

I think people are a bit confused by the CBA stuff here:

1) Chris Kreider is 20 years old, meaning that ELC is NOT eligible to slide;

2) the fact that he can play this year indicates that his ELC begins this year (2011-12) and will end three years from now (2013-14), because, again, his contract is not eligible to slide.

Rangers have nothing to lose here by playing him in the playoffs.

I'm still not fully understanding. Why don't the Rangers wait to sign him and start the ELC ticking next year instead of signing him now and forcing him into playoff action?

That's a question you'd have to ask the Rangers / Krieder.

It's not a totally unfamiliar scenario, tho': when we signed Winchester and Butler, for example, we let them play a game or two late in March in order to burn one of the two years off their contract. Granted, they were both college signings, but the precedent is there.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Preds vs. Wings should finally be an interesting series. Detroit hasn't been dominating of late and the Preds are a much stronger team compared to the last time these two teams met in the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Preds vs. Wings should finally be an interesting series. Detroit hasn't been dominating of late and the Preds are a much stronger team compared to the last time these two teams met in the playoffs.

They also have one of the best goaltenders in the league, and Detroit may finally be the kind of team that needs one.

Lidstrom, you can take a seat now. The role of the dominating Swedish defenseman has been given to the understudy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No D. Sedin for Game 1.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392828

Hmmmm.... bracket factor?

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beers will not be on ice unless I go buy some, but DAMN this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:No D. Sedin for Game 1.

Wink

You have 3 hours still:)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:No D. Sedin for Game 1.

Wink

You have 3 hours still:)
Heh. My picks remain!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Beers will not be on ice unless I go buy some, but DAMN this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you just bet some beers with N4L? Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

meh.... tomorrow is when the playoffs really start.
I'd be lying if i didn't secretly hope Nashville and LA take their series. Go underdogs!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:meh.... tomorrow is when the playoffs really start.
I'd be lying if i didn't secretly hope Nashville and LA take their series. Go underdogs!

Nashville is no underdog.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:meh.... tomorrow is when the playoffs really start.

Nashville is no underdog.

Agreed. I think it'll be a battle, but I think Nashville moves to round 2.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can't believe SD is using the crude banner I made up. I really meant for you to do what I did but spend more than 5 minutes on it. I even told you how to resize those #YESWECAN images, and you can use MS Paint or even Word to assemble them together.

It's like teaching a man to fish, and giving him a crudely drawn image of what a fishing rod/reel/hook look like, and the guy eats the drawing and says "Yummy!"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That banner is so ghetto.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Crosby is a beast. That is all.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Go Preds!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This Pitts/Philly game is boss. End-to-end, fast-paced hockey. I love it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let them beat each other into a pulp in 7 full games of madness... heh heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum