GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY -Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Mar. 17, 2012

+13
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
NEELY
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
spader
sandysensfan
PTFlea
sens4win
shabbs
Ev
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:can we stop speculating a Spezza injury, the guy was at a funeral for Diddle sakes

Four injuries and a funeral, to be precise.

Gilroy is also at a funeral.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:can we stop speculating a Spezza injury, the guy was at a funeral for Diddle sakes

I can't imagine a much more stressful week than Spezza has had. The guy is a human, let things play out for him and the team in general. No one should be talking about what is up with him, it's pretty obvious.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1) Didn't know he was at a funeral. Haven't seen that anywhere.

2) This isn't the first practice he's missed.

3) His wife is also expecting, so maybe he's NOT at a funeral?

4) He's gone through many slumps before when he's been nursing an injury.

5) Chill.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and what is wrong with some people? I see some dickwad on HFBoards say Turris has been bad in all three zones? WTF are people actually watching? The guy has been creating offence and playing very responsible hockey. So what if he doesn't have points, he makes the team better and often has possession of the puck. Diddle sakes, people expect guys to come in and put up PPG or something before they can call them good players. Then you got the Gilroy haters. He's a 6th d-men for Diddle sakes, who cares. It makes me sick. End rant.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:and what is wrong with some people? I see some dickwad on HFBoards say Turris has been bad in all three zones? WTF are people actually watching? The guy has been creating offence and playing very responsible hockey. So what if he doesn't have points, he makes the team better and often has possession of the puck. Diddle sakes, people expect guys to come in and put up PPG or something before they can call them good players. Then you got the Gilroy haters. He's a 6th d-men for Diddle sakes, who cares. It makes me sick. End rant.

They can go back to hating Carkner when he plays again.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:and what is wrong with some people? I see some dickwad on HFBoards say Turris has been bad in all three zones? WTF are people actually watching? The guy has been creating offence and playing very responsible hockey. So what if he doesn't have points, he makes the team better and often has possession of the puck. Diddle sakes, people expect guys to come in and put up PPG or something before they can call them good players. Then you got the Gilroy haters. He's a 6th d-men for Diddle sakes, who cares. It makes me sick. End rant.

The sooner you come to the realization that there's no point participating in forums like HFBoards, the sooner your life will improve.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm left scratching my head at what I read everytime I go to HFboards. Sadly, I succumb and keep going back because there's more volume of sens chatter.

Pick up the slack you Montagooses! Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

I'm left scratching my head at what I read everytime I go to HFboards. Sadly, I succumb and keep going back because there's more volume of sens chatter.

I still avoid HF whenever I can, but sometimes I feel like chatting hockey and there is no one on here. Volume of people come and go on here, some months it's high, some low. Hopefully we can get a happy medium at some point.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

The sooner you come to the realization that there's no point participating in forums like HFBoards, the sooner your life will improve.

This is true. I don't actually have an account though. I do like reading the boards because there are some great posters over there. Some

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I still avoid HF whenever I can, but sometimes I feel like chatting hockey and there is no one on here. Volume of people come and go on here, some months it's high, some low. Hopefully we can get a happy medium at some point.

Neely

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Read this on another post..

Over the past 2 seasons.... a total of 12 games... the Sens have played the Leafs when it's the 2nd game of back-to-back for 11 of those 12 games... That's unbelievable..

Now what do you think of that? How can they schedule it like that... I thought they were computerized? No computer would do that.. sorry...

It will be very interesting to see what they do next season...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:Read this on another post..

Over the past 2 seasons.... a total of 12 games... the Sens have played the Leafs when it's the 2nd game of back-to-back for 11 of those 12 games... That's unbelievable..

Now what do you think of that? How can they schedule it like that... I thought they were computerized? No computer would do that.. sorry...

That's brutal - however...

There's no way in the world the NHL wants Toronto in the playoffs, they couldn't possibly care less. Why? Because no matter what happens, that franchise is profitable and relevant. What they want is the Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, Nashville Predators, Phoenix Coyotes etc. to make the playoffs to get interest in them trending upwards. For a long time Bettman was given a hard time for not caring about Canadian teams - and that's the basic reason. Canadian teams can fend for themselves, some of the American teams need help to sustain a healthy league.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The NHL nightmare: Sens/Winnipeg and Vancouver/Calgary in the semis of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Heh heh.

How flippin' awesome would that be?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:Read this on another post..

Actually I think it's only 10. The six this season and 4 in 2010-11. That said, that is still one freaky coincidence. Now, on some of those games the Leafs are also playing the second night in a row -- I know one of the games this year was like that, but I did not try checking last year's schedule.

Here is another weird fact. Of the 4 games last year where they played the Leafs on the second of back-to-back nights, they were traveling the night before each time! Honestly, if the NHL wants to showcase a good product, there is *no* way they should allow a team to play a 7:30 PM game (most game starts), then travel to a different city for a game the next day. Half of the games go into OT, so they are typically not off the ice until after 10PM, and not back on their tour bus until around midnight, arriving at their destination in the wee hours of next morning. Beyond ridiculous in this day and age.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just checked, and not a single one of the Leafs games against the Sens in 2010-11 was on the second of back-to-back nights.

Leafs against Bruins: 1 of 5 games the Leafs are playing back-to-back nights.
Leafs against Habs: 0 games (i.e. always rested)
Leafs against Sabres: 0 games

I'd say shenanigans.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:The NHL nightmare: Sens/Winnipeg and Vancouver/Calgary in the semis of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Heh heh.

How flippin' awesome would that be?

That would be awesome for sure, the NHL would be having Dung fits though lol. Ahhhhh!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Just checked, and not a single one of the Leafs games against the Sens in 2010-11 was on the second of back-to-back nights.

Leafs against Bruins: 1 of 5 games the Leafs are playing back-to-back nights.
Leafs against Habs: 0 games (i.e. always rested)
Leafs against Sabres: 0 games

I'd say shenanigans.

If it happens again next season... then there is definitely shenanigans. Murray tried to get it changed this year and they said no.... I will really question the integrity of the league if it does happen again... schedule fixing... there is no other explanation.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

he was one of the pallbearers as well...needless to say this one's definitely hit hard for spezz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum