GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:How is that ridculous. By Christmas everyone knows exactly who the good teams are, who the bad teams are, and who exactly is going to dominate the rest of the year.

Ugh. Why bother arguing.

Come Christmas, you post your list of all the playoff teams. Then, come April, we'll review.

Not for the purposes of assigning playoff positions, but for the purposes of deciding who will be selling and who will be buying.

There will still be some teams on the bubble all the way until the deadline but, in general, by Christmas we *should* know if the Sens are a playoff team or not -- with reasonable certainty (which is another way of saying "uncertainty").

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:How is that ridculous. By Christmas everyone knows exactly who the good teams are, who the bad teams are, and who exactly is going to dominate the rest of the year.

Ugh. Why bother arguing.

Come Christmas, you post your list of all the playoff teams. Then, come April, we'll review.

Look at the history of the league since the lockout, the standing change very little from October on let alone December on.

15% of teams out of it by this very date don't make it to the playoffs. I'm not stating anything other than the facts. You can tell by on ice play as well.

Umm, I think you meant November.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:What were the stats on blocked shots last night... it seemed like we were doing a good job of that, and getting the puck away from the Leafs when they were attacking.

We had 19 blocked shots...Rundblad and Smith leading the way with 3 apiece. Toronto with 18.

I guess I've been spoiled with A-Train, but I keep thinking we're not blocking enough shots. I think all three (or at least two) of Rundblad's shot blocks happened on one play, late in the third.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
So Kuba plays 10 good games after 3 years of terrible hockey and people want to resign him. Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:So Kuba plays 10 good games after 3 years of terrible hockey and people want to resign him. Facepalm

I think the jury's still out on that one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:So Kuba plays 10 good games after 3 years of terrible hockey and people want to resign him. Facepalm

He had one bad year, last season, when he broke his ankle, missed all of pre-season, and joined a team in freefall when he finally healed up.

The year before he led our team in ice time per game.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Kuba may be replaced by Wiercioch or Borowiecki next year.

IF they resign him it'll be for 1 year, assuming they feel Borocop and Wiercioch are not ready.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Filatov got 5 minutes last night, why did we recall him?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

WTF are you talking about?

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:Kuba may be replaced by Wiercioch or Borowiecki next year.

IF they resign him it'll be for 1 year, assuming they feel Borocop and Wiercioch are not ready.

They are ready when they take his job or someone elses.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Filatov got 5 minutes last night, why did we recall him?

Because we weren't sure that Konopka would be available?

As I mentioned earlier, you don't want to upset a lineup that is on a winning streak, so of course his playing time would be limited.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He should go back like today

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:

I would imagine, yeah. Unless they want him to take Alfie's place on the 2nd line perhaps.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I would imagine, yeah. Unless they want him to take Alfie's place on the 2nd line perhaps.

I wonder if Filatov would be motivated if Murray threatened to trade him back to Columbus once Hitch gets his old job back?

more to come

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I wonder if Filatov would be motivated if Murray threatened to trade him back to Columbus once Hitch gets his old job back?

more to come

Nothing wrong with his motivation, he just needs to learn how to play in the NHL.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Lehner's take on Filatov;

As for Nikita Filatov’s play in the AHL, Lehner was even more impressed. “Oh, he doesn’t belong down there,” he said. “It looked a little easy sometimes. Like he could score when he felt like. He’s a great player with great skill who can score. He just has to find the groove up here. I think he can contribute here. It’s the same with every player, same with me. You’ve just got to get into a groove, a comfort zone. It takes a while to establish that. Some players longer than others.”

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

It's not really the right move to alternate Butler/Filatov in that spot because they play completely different styles. I'd put Filatov in there an give him 5 games (if Alfie needs that many).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I don't think MacLean trusts Filatov defensively to give him 5 games in the top-6.

BB will probably play in Alfie's place, plus he's a natural RW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum