GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:How is that ridculous. By Christmas everyone knows exactly who the good teams are, who the bad teams are, and who exactly is going to dominate the rest of the year.

Ugh. Why bother arguing.

Come Christmas, you post your list of all the playoff teams. Then, come April, we'll review.

Look at the history of the league since the lockout, the standing change very little from October on let alone December on.

15% of teams out of it by this very date don't make it to the playoffs. I'm not stating anything other than the facts. You can tell by on ice play as well.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm gonna allow myself 20 seconds of daydreaming...

Man...can you imagine if Anderson played like Anderson again - not that he's been bad, he hasn't, but he hasn't been the Anderson that most of us have watched for years. That .915+ guy who steals games. And imagine if Greening continued and Michalek was finally healthy, and Karlsson continued, and Rundblad got better as the season went on...and Regin came back and was as good as he was before....

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:15% of teams out of it by this very date don't make it to the playoffs. I'm not stating anything other than the facts. You can tell by on ice play as well.

You need to make sense if you want to be taken seriously. Re-read the statement I quoted. You figure it out.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:15% of teams out of it by this very date don't make it to the playoffs. I'm not stating anything other than the facts. You can tell by on ice play as well.

You need to make sense if you want to be taken seriously. Re-read the statement I quoted. You figure it out.

I'm making total sense.

The standings don't change much from October on let along December on. Not sure what else there is to say.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I'm making total sense.

The standings don't change much from October on let along December on. Not sure what else there is to say.

Now you're contradicting yourself. By your own admission, 15% of the teams outside of the playoffs (about 1 or 2) as of today will NOT make the playoffs. So that means that out of the bottom 14 teams, 12 to 13 will end up making the playoffs. It's a fact. You said so.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What were the stats on blocked shots last night... it seemed like we were doing a good job of that, and getting the puck away from the Leafs when they were attacking.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:What were the stats on blocked shots last night... it seemed like we were doing a good job of that, and getting the puck away from the Leafs when they were attacking.

We had 19 blocked shots...Rundblad and Smith leading the way with 3 apiece. Toronto with 18.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Daugavins sent to Bingo to have dental surgery according to windbag Brennan.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:What were the stats on blocked shots last night... it seemed like we were doing a good job of that, and getting the puck away from the Leafs when they were attacking.

19 - 18 for Ottawa with Phillips, Smith and...

... Rundblad leading the way for Ottawa with 3 each.

4 for Dion "James Norris" Phaneuf for the bad guys.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Daugavins sent to Bingo to have dental surgery according to windbag Brennan.

Not because of something that happened last night is it?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Daugavins sent to Bingo to have dental surgery according to windbag Brennan.

Not because of something that happened last night is it?

I have no idea, I wish they'd explain it properly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Actually, Brennan would have broken a story here, because the Sens news thing says:

Bulletin: Senators reassign forward Kaspars Daugavins to Binghamton (AHL)
Monday, 31.10.2011 / 10:55 AM / News
Ottawa Senators
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators today reassigned forward Kaspars Daugavins to the club’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Daugavins was recalled on Oct. 24 and registered his first National Hockey League goal in Ottawa’s 3-2 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Sunday night. In four games with the Senators, he has one point and four penalty minutes.

In seven games with Binghamton this season, he has recorded four goals and two assists for six points. The B-Sens (5-4-1) next see action Wednesday, when they visit the Albany Devils at 7 p.m.

So, if Brennan is correct, there isn't a major injustice here, and he'll be back right after.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NHL_Sens Ottawa Senators
Daugavins is returning to Binghamton where he is scheduled for dental surgery tomorrow on his wisdom teeth.

yay, no injustice!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:I like Winchester. I had forgotten how effective he is until recently, but I realize now I've always liked him.

Greening and Condra did it last year, but there were for sure observations that they were doing it when the team was out and playing loose. Now Mac has them playing loose all the time.

Note that it was Winchester taking the defensive zone draw with 4.5 seconds to go in a one-goal game, and a 6-on-4 with the goalie pulled.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I like Winchester. I had forgotten how effective he is until recently, but I realize now I've always liked him.

Greening and Condra did it last year, but there were for sure observations that they were doing it when the team was out and playing loose. Now Mac has them playing loose all the time.

Note that it was Winchester taking the defensive zone draw with 4.5 seconds to go in a one-goal game, and a 6-on-4 with the goalie pulled.

Yeah, I'm very pleased with our bottom six. Can't say enough really about how hard they work. That goes for all of them really, Neil, Konopka, Winchester, Condra, Z.Smith - nothing real flashy there, but tough to play against. And if any of them decide they're gonna take some time off and not give it 100%, there are a few guys really badly waiting for a chance to take their spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:How is that ridculous. By Christmas everyone knows exactly who the good teams are, who the bad teams are, and who exactly is going to dominate the rest of the year.

Ugh. Why bother arguing.

Come Christmas, you post your list of all the playoff teams. Then, come April, we'll review.

Not for the purposes of assigning playoff positions, but for the purposes of deciding who will be selling and who will be buying.

There will still be some teams on the bubble all the way until the deadline but, in general, by Christmas we *should* know if the Sens are a playoff team or not -- with reasonable certainty (which is another way of saying "uncertainty").

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Ugh. Why bother arguing.

Look at the history of the league since the lockout, the standing change very little from October on let alone December on.

15% of teams out of it by this very date don't make it to the playoffs. I'm not stating anything other than the facts. You can tell by on ice play as well.

Umm, I think you meant November.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:

We had 19 blocked shots...Rundblad and Smith leading the way with 3 apiece. Toronto with 18.

I guess I've been spoiled with A-Train, but I keep thinking we're not blocking enough shots. I think all three (or at least two) of Rundblad's shot blocks happened on one play, late in the third.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum