GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+26
cash
ddt
sens4win
SensGirl11
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
dennycrane
asq2
stempniaksen
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
spader
NEELY
TheAvatar
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I don't think anyone posted this. Not really news, but Selanne signed a 1-year $4M deal with Anaheim.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson should get money somewhere between Schenn and Myers. I like that Schenn contract, as it helps lower the bar a little (although, yeah, Karlsson and Schenn are quite different). Maybe $4 - $4.5 per, depending on this season?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... Kings are gonna have to shell out for Doughty at this rate... long term, big money...

So, I guess the "2nd contract" is officially gone now?

Wink

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:If they withdraw their offer does that not make him a free agent?
Sorry I meant any offer other than his Qualifying Offer. I believe the QO is still valid, but I would have to check the CBA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson should get money somewhere between Schenn and Myers. I like that Schenn contract, as it helps lower the bar a little (although, yeah, Karlsson and Schenn are quite different). Maybe $4 - $4.5 per, depending on this season?

The term will determine the cap hit. I think there's going to be a decision that has to be made in a few years. I don't think a lineup with no-hitters like Karlsson, Rundblad and Wiercioch will be solid enough to get through 4 rounds of playoffs. It may seem like a foregone conclusion that Wiercioch would be the one to go, but it's too early at this point to make those kinds of predictions.

Point is, since it's too early to make a decision, would they really give out a 5-7 year term?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:If they withdraw their offer does that not make him a free agent?
Sorry I meant any offer other than his Qualifying Offer. I believe the QO is still valid, but I would have to check the CBA.

All moot now, he signed. 2 years, $2.1M total. He held out for that?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Turris remains unsigned...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Doughty not expected to report to training camp Friday...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/09/kings-nhl-hockey-drew-doughty-don-meehan-dean-lombardi.html

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson should get money somewhere between Schenn and Myers. I like that Schenn contract, as it helps lower the bar a little (although, yeah, Karlsson and Schenn are quite different). Maybe $4 - $4.5 per, depending on this season?

Here's the "bad" news, Karlsson got 45 points in a mediocre season. He'll probably hit 50-60 this year and for years to come. Anything less than $5m per season will be a generous discount.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

The elephant in the room in the Karlsson negotiations, if he can't change something this season, will be that he is quite possibly the worst defenseman, defensively speaking, in the National Hockey League.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Da lil Guy wrote:The elephant in the room in the Karlsson negotiations, if he can't change something this season, will be that he is quite possibly the worst defenseman, defensively speaking, in the National Hockey League.

Honestly, I'm not worried about that. Name me one d-man in ottawa that played really well defensively. Even Phillips was god awful.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

...and, other than Karlsson, there probably wasn't a defenseman on the roster that the Sens wouldn't have traded if they'd been able.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, Karlsson will get the Myers deal to be honest. Doughty was nominated for The Norris and is probably basing his contract off of that, which is actually fair.

Lombardi better get things sorted out because if The Kings want any chance at a Stanley Cup, they need Doughty in a big way.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da lil Guy wrote:...and, other than Karlsson, there probably wasn't a defenseman on the roster that the Sens wouldn't have traded if they'd been able.

There was a market for Phillips for sure but he is worth a lot more to the organization than a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick when they had already stock piled a ton. Carkner has some value as well.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Don't know about Carkner.

I recall reading that the Sens had a deal in place for Phillips but he wouldn't waive his no move. I personally suspect they would have traded him if he'd accepted.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:$3.6M x 5 years for Schenn. More than Toronto wanted to pay, but they wanted the term.

Holy Dung, what a great deal.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da lil Guy wrote:Don't know about Carkner.

I recall reading that the Sens had a deal in place for Phillips but he wouldn't waive his no move. I personally suspect they would have traded him if he'd accepted.

I think he would have waived if nothing got done in terms of a contract.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was a situation where Phillips really didn't want to leave, and we felt some loyalty to him. That being said, if he didn't have a NMC, he would've been gone. We didn't want to lose him for nothing as a FA, so the best way for everybody to save face was to resign him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum