GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Saturday, April 30

+4
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No parleys. Savvy?
GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Saturday, April 30 BingSens-Flying-B-450px
GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Saturday, April 30 Puck10
GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Saturday, April 30 Arrrgh_pirate_splash

Batten down the hatches, lock up your daughters. The Pirates are in town. Good thing is so are the good guys, as the B-Sens come home with a 2-0 series lead, having finally figured out how to win in regulation for two straight games.

Young Master Robin (sorry if it sounds like I'm mixing Treasure Island and Winnie the Pooh) is doing well in his professional post-season debut, having gone 5-0 since being given the reins. The defense is still struggling with injuries, but the offense is picking them up as well it should be. Ryan Potulny leads all playoffs in scoring, averaging 2 points per game until Thursday night's game (he went scoreless). Right behind him is Captain Keller, tied for 2nd with 12 points. And Bobby Butler is coming on strong with a 5 game scoring streak (and 6 goals in his last 7). With AHL MVP Corey Locke back in the lineup the B-Sens have improved their powerplay (2 for 6 in this series, with Locker getting an assist on each tally).

Of course a 2-0 lead is nothing to write home about in the AHL. In the previous round, three teams had 2-0 leads, and only one of those teams advanced to round 2. The B-Sens were down 1-3 (which, technically, is worse since there is zero margin for error) and ended up winning the series. The last time the B-Sens were in the playoffs they held a 2-0 lead over the Penguins, but lost game 3 in triple OT, then lost the next three games as well on their way to a six year playoff drought.

Read even more in Joy's game preview blog:
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20110429/SPORTS/104290389/0/SPORTS01/Binghamton-Senators-taking-nothing-for-granted

GO B-SENS GO!!!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go B-Sens Go!!!!!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The last time the B-sens were up 2-0, spezza and co. (emery, kelly, vermette) all blew that lead and lost 4 straight to wilkes-barre scranton

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Go B-Sens Go!!!!!

Thinking outside the box again, I see Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're not protesters. We're pirates.

GAME DAY: Portland Pirates @ Binghamton Senators, 7:05PM Saturday, April 30 Article_photo1.jpg_full_600

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Thinking outside the box again, I see Wink

Yeah, I'm having fun that it now. Ahhhhh!

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

i may be nitpicking, but its the 30th

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Thinking outside the box again, I see Wink

Yeah, I'm having fun that it now. Ahhhhh!

Have you tried putting the updown tags ... on the inside of the scroll ones?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

garblar wrote:i may be nitpicking, but its the 30th

Right you are. I haven't done my taxes yet so it's probably denial.

Fixed now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Come on guys, you can do it! Lalalala

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Come on guys, you can do it! Lalalala

So far, so good. Ahead 2-1 in the third. But will they *ever* managed to score first?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Attendance is 73 shy of a sellout. How many were on the bus up from Ottawa?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

6 minutes to go, B-Sens holding on to that lead. Or perhaps the Pirates are holding on to that deficit. From the sound of it Leggio is playing well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And just like that, it's 2-2.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't it time for Butler to continue his streak?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum