GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Plasma TV

+11
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 16]

181New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oled bro . It will be $1800 or less on Boxing Day

182New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not interested in spending more than $700. Just got a dog, that's well over $2k with the vet visit and all the baby gates, crates and other paraphernalia. Getting a fence put in (for the dog) and that will be another $3k or so. Don't even have a garage door opener yet (probably only because the dog wouldn't make use of it).

183New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:27 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The set I'm looking at is on sale at Costco until the 9th. I take it that means it won't go on Boxing Day sale. At Best Buy it was sold out until recently, but now shows "available online", so still hope. Over at Walmart they had it on sale until this week; because of best price guarantees (or people just returning the item) I think this means it won't go on Boxing Day sale.

184New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ordered it from Costco. At least I'll get 2% on my executive membership. Best Buy has it back at "unavailable online", and I never saw it in store (went to a few BBs and Walmarts).

Should arrive on the 2nd. I'll have to upgrade my Netflix to 4k.

185New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What TV is it?

186New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vizio M50-E1.

Full array LED backlight, true 10-bit panel (not 8 with FRC), local dimming (only 32 regions, do not great, but better than nothing, a world ahead of edge-lit sets).

Make no mistake, this is a budget 4k set, but it's got features found only on higher end sets. In that price range the Samsungs, LGs and certainly Sonys have 8-bit panels, edge lighting and no local dimming.

187New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ordered it from Costco. At least I'll get 2% on my executive membership. Best Buy has it back at "unavailable online", and I never saw it in store (went to a few BBs and Walmarts).

Should arrive on the 2nd. I'll have to upgrade my Netflix to 4k.

Nice set.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/vizio-50-m50-e1-uhd-hdr-xled-plus-display/6000197057896?cmpid=sem_pla_google_en_none_6000197057896_1000360001885231772004930611_427&cmpid=sem_pla_google_en_none_868545256_45415463938_None&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6b6FrPW42AIV3LjACh1rAwJzEAYYASABEgK0H_D_BwEFrPW42AIV3LjACh1rAwJzEAYYAiABEgLEzPD_BwE

I got the super cheap RCA as a "2nd" TV. Added a Roku box which I love.

188New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I got a Roku "stick". I guess it doesn't do 4K but does pretty much all else. Stick it on behind the tv, the remote doesn't need line of sight. Just $50.

The tv itself comes with a built in Chromecast. Ugh. But at least we all have Android phone phone's, and they have a sw upgrade so launching apps like Netflix uses the tv remote and menus.

The P-series is DLNA.

189New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey, it's SSF! Welcome back, old friend! Hope all is well.

190New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A little early for the Bonanza avatar. Or did you simply leave it up like your Christmas lights?

191New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Great. The TV arrived *just* after I drove my son to Timmy's for his shift. I was hoping to have his help putting it up (or at least taking down the current one). Anyhow, I figured I'd at least try, but I can't even get it down. I think there was a screw to hold it down to the bracket (the contractors who put in the fireplace surround also mounted the TV; guess I should have been paying closer attention). I just don't know where that screw is, and the mount is ultra-thin (tv sits about an inch from the wall).

I'll have to go back and find out the model number of the mount, find some online instructions/diagrams. If I can't take it down, I'll have to call the guys back who put it up in the first place.

Hmm, maybe in the meantime I should mount the new one in the bedroom. Yeah, that's the ticket.

192New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, hanging it in the bedroom was a breeze
Took about 15 minutes to take down the old one, move the bracket to the new one, hang out up, plug everything in and even huge the old one and the box in the walk in. Wonder if the wife noticed anything.

193New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just in time for Canada Switzerland.

But first, is there anything 4K on Netflix Canada?

194New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just in time for Canada Switzerland.

But first, is there anything 4K on Netflix Canada?

Yes, a lot. Most newer shows are I believe.

195New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not bad. But when I get the 55" up here it will be even better. Nice set, but I think I'll have to do some calibration at some point

196New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Netflix and Prime built in. That'll be more important when I get it hanging downstairs (I've got my Roku in the bedroom).

Also downstairs it will be wired. I think the reason I want completely blown away by Planet Earth 4K was the wifi.

197New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Netflix and Prime built in. That'll be more important when I get it hanging downstairs (I've got my Roku in the bedroom).

Also downstairs it will be wired. I think the reason I want completely blown away by Planet Earth 4K was the wifi.

I don't know if you plan on buying one, as it's not necessary right now, but 4K blu rays are much better than streaming 4k.

198New Plasma TV - Page 13 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Netflix and Prime built in. That'll be more important when I get it hanging downstairs (I've got my Roku in the bedroom).

I don't know if you plan on buying one, as it's not necessary right now, but 4K blu rays are much better than streaming 4k.

But then you would need 4K Blu Rays? Physical media should go bye bye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum