GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley stats update

+12
Hoags
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
SDH89
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
asq2
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
LethalLehner
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

You have to forgive Heatley for the lower output, he has accepted a lesser role on the team.

17Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he's far, far, far removed from the glory days when he rode the back of Daniel Alfredsson to his 50 goals seasons. It doesn't work as well when you don't have the MVP (IMO) on your wing and while Thornton is great, Spezza was in the zone that year.

It's little coincidence that he's fallen. Plus we all said it for a while on here, his body has been beaten to hell. Knees are reconstructed, lung surgically repaired, shoulder. His eye from when Briere hit it with a shot. You name it.

18Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

I'm happy he didn't make the All-Star team, but I would still much rather have him with that contract than what we were left with.

19Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:28 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:I'm happy he didn't make the All-Star team, but I would still much rather have him with that contract and without the attitude than what we were left with.

fixed

20Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:35 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The last SJ I saw -- he was not even on the first line. That's a diminished role. Now no all-star vote... Bad for his ego.

What happens if SJ does not make the playoffs. The west standings are very tight -- so any losing streak will hurt any team. Will he want out of another team if the media start getting 'on' these players again.

21Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:Not much of a feat, IMO. Dustin Byfuglien has a 15 point lead on ANY Senator in the scoring race.

Dustin Byfuglien is having an amazing year, and would likely be leading a lot of teams in points. Last time I checked, he was right around point-a-game, so I’m not sure what your point is?

Edit: Big Buff is 15th in the league in scoring with 41 pts, Dany Heatley is 24th with 37 pts. Again, not sure anyone can argue that Dany Heatley wouldn’t be a BIG help to the Sens right now (history not withstanding).

I have to say that I would bet big money on the fact that Heatley would probably have a good 20 points less than he does right now if he were playing with this year's Sens. I wouldn't pay him 7.5 millions for his skill which is diminishing by the season. He had 82 points last season in 82 games which is pretty damned good and maybe worth that money, but he certainly will not hit those kinds of numbers the way he's going this year.

22Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:40 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:Not much of a feat, IMO. Dustin Byfuglien has a 15 point lead on ANY Senator in the scoring race.

Dustin Byfuglien is having an amazing year, and would likely be leading a lot of teams in points. Last time I checked, he was right around point-a-game, so I’m not sure what your point is?

Edit: Big Buff is 15th in the league in scoring with 41 pts, Dany Heatley is 24th with 37 pts. Again, not sure anyone can argue that Dany Heatley wouldn’t be a BIG help to the Sens right now (history not withstanding).

I was simply responding to your point that Heatley would be leading the Sens in scoring if he was here. My point was that, that isn't much of an accomplishment considering a 20 year old defenseman is leading the team in scoring.

23Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Remember how he disappeared here his last season as a Sen, he was brutal and didnt' give 2 Dung about this team. If he starts to be unhappy there he will do it again. SJ will be feeling the heat soon enough with him.

24Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I really don't think he is dumb enough to ask for a trade for the 3rd time .... is he ?

His numbers going down is a bit surprising, people thought he'd hit 60 goals with Thornton.

25Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Laugh1 Come on people, I hate Heatley too, but are we honestly trying to convince ourselves that we're a better team without him? Sure his stats are down, but he'll still hit 70-75 points. We'll be lucky if our leading goal scorer this year hits 55 points this year.

26Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stats are down, but he's still a lot better than Michalek.

27Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Big Ev wrote:Stats are down, but he's still a lot better than Michalek.

And despite his history with injuries, Heatley doesn't miss many games.

28Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote: Laugh1 Come on people, I hate Heatley too, but are we honestly trying to convince ourselves that we're a better team without him? Sure his stats are down, but he'll still hit 70-75 points. We'll be lucky if our leading goal scorer this year hits 55 points this year.

Here's the question - and it's a big one:

Would you pay 7.5 million dollars (against the cap) to have Dany Heatley back on this team?

29Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Forgetting about his 'issues' with the team and organization I would.

It's not like we're doing great things with the cap space. Michalek is a 2nd liner and Cheechoo is an AHL player.

Who knows how Heatley and Spezza would do ? (if he was motivated).

This team lost an elite first line talent that we're not going to replace anytime soon, maybe at this year's draft but that will take years to pan out.

30Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:09 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Again, he disappeared when he was unhappy here. Why would you pay someone 7.5 that disappears when he's pouting?

Hatred aside, I would not pay him that much in today's NHL. We're already paying Spezza too much. It was a horrible signing at the worst time for both of them. it's pretty simple looking back now...

EDIT: Surprisingly enough (I can't even remember this) he had 72 points in his final season with us when he was at his unhappiest. I guess he didn't really disappear. He didn't put up enough points to warrant his salary, but nor did anyone else on our team...They aren't great numbers, but they aren't horrible either..

31Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Forgetting about his 'issues' with the team and organization I would.

It's not like we're doing great things with the cap space. Michalek is a 2nd liner and Cheechoo is an AHL player.

Who knows how Heatley and Spezza would do ? (if he was motivated).

This team lost an elite first line talent that we're not going to replace anytime soon, maybe at this year's draft but that will take years to pan out.

I agree - but is Heatley a shell of his former self? Yes. Is drafting a different animal now with the salary cap? Yes, players play much, much quicker now because teams want them indoctrinated into their lineups before they hit the payday.

It's a vicious circle, but we don't need to spend that 7.5 million just because it's 'there', right?

32Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Alfie ended up with 74 points in 79 games that season and also played in the Olympics and put up 3 goals in 4 games.

Spezza had 73 points in 82 games that season. They were all really close stat-wise.

33Dany Heatley stats update - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley stats update Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote: Laugh1 Come on people, I hate Heatley too, but are we honestly trying to convince ourselves that we're a better team without him? Sure his stats are down, but he'll still hit 70-75 points. We'll be lucky if our leading goal scorer this year hits 55 points this year.

Here's the question - and it's a big one:

Would you pay 7.5 million dollars (against the cap) to have Dany Heatley back on this team?

Pretending all the BS that took place never happened - without hesitation.

After this year we'll have tons of cap space, and it looks doubtful that we'll lure someone in with his similar goal scoring abilities.

People wonder why we can't score goals anymore, it's because we had to trade a legitimate 35-40 goal guy away. Sure @ 7.5 Dany is being overpaid, but there's alot of guys who are overpaid by a million or so, I don't really have a huge issue with the contract personally.

It's not like we magically cured our cap woes by trading him away anyways, we got back a guy making 4 million, who should probably be making closer to 1.5, and another guy who we had to pay to go away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum