GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski

+10
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
spader
Ev
SDH89
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who won this trade

Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski - Page 2 Vote_lcap243%Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 43% [ 3 ]
Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski - Page 2 Vote_lcap243%Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:What bothers me is that, while Murray claims that it's impossible to make deals in the salary-cap era, it seems like everyone else is finding a way. NYR replaced Frolov almost immediately.

Cuss.

I think this begins the preliminary deadline talk/trades. I would imagine Murray will be able to make a deal soon, but he might want to wait until closer to the deadline. The Rangers want a D-man, the Sharks NEED a D-man, Washington might want to add a Phillips or Kuba, Atlanta might try, Tampa Bay NEEDs one of these guys.

There's a home for both of these guys - allowing that they waive their NTCs. Today was an unwanted player for an unwanted player, there'll be more!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:what's the cap saving for the rags? Aren't they down a regular d-man now?

1.2 in savings, 4.something in cap space and 10.3 pro-rated at the deadline, so they'll be getting another D-man. The question is: who? Ahhhhh!

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:what's the cap saving for the rags? Aren't they down a regular d-man now?

1.2 in savings, 4.something in cap space and 10.3 pro-rated at the deadline, so they'll be getting another D-man. The question is: who? Ahhhhh!

Hopefully Kuba....oh please be Kuba!!!!! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

For Kreider? I love you

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

For Kreider? I love you

If Sather did that, he should be shot on the spot. Then again, he's due for another Gomez-esque deal Sarcasm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:What bothers me is that, while Murray claims that it's impossible to make deals in the salary-cap era, it seems like everyone else is finding a way. NYR replaced Frolov almost immediately.

Cuss.

X10

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We certainly don't need Wolski here, we don't need any more disappointing, overpaid forwards.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't want either of those guys on my team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maloney in Phoenix says that he's been looking for D help all year - and that this trade was coincidence.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:This trade pisses me off Laugh1

I voted that the Rags win because they get the cap savings this year and next and instantly fill the void left by Frolov.
It's win-win... Phoenix gets the $$$ savings (front loaded contract).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:This trade pisses me off Laugh1

I voted that the Rags win because they get the cap savings this year and next and instantly fill the void left by Frolov.
It's win-win... Phoenix gets the $$$ savings (front loaded contract).

Yeah. I just think of the Rangers as in perpetual cap trouble! Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

There's deals and then there's deals that make sense for the club. The deals Murray is looking to make, or rather, has been instructed to make, won't be easy and will probably have to wait until closer to the deadline.

shabbs wrote:
There's deals and then there's deals that make sense for the club. The deals Murray is looking to make, or rather, has been instructed to make, won't be easy and will probably have to wait until closer to the deadline.

What about the last 3+ months though when he could have "improved" the team?

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll drink a glass of my urine if we can parlay Kuba into a solid prospect like Kreider.

As much as I've wanted to go the rebuild route, I have a feeling that we are going to be disappointed as the deadline passes (fortunately, we are used to this with Murray). The guys who have positive value also have NTC/NMC (Fisher, Phillips), and the guys we want to actually get rid of have no (or in the case of Kovalev less then none) value on the trade market. I really don't think Murray will be all that busy, but I think he may get a couple smaller deals done (Kuba for 3 heads of cabbage), Ruutu for a middle to late pick, etc. If we are truly going with a youth movement, I don't want Regin or Foligno moved unless the return is for a proven younger player (which won't happen imo).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

What about the last 3+ months though when he could have "improved" the team?
3+ months ago was when the season had just started... not many trades made right out of the gate. How many trades have been made that were of any significance? Langenbrunner for a 3rd? That's about it isn't it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'd hate to see regin moved. PullHair

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll drink a glass of my urine if we can parlay Kuba into a solid prospect like Kreider.

I'm putting that in my sig for future reference!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boom!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum