GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration

+12
Amnesia021
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
shabbs
Ev
asq2
jawal
dennycrane
SensHulk
beerandsens
Riprock
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

what a sweet deal. I'm happy with this. Does this mean the problematic RFA was, in fact, Campoli?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote: SunGarrioch

Regin signed for 950,000 next season and $1,050,000 in 2011-12.

That is a $1M cap hit.
Fan flippin' tastic.

Nice job by Murray, so gald to have this done with.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

In celebration of one Peter Regin Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 2 43150

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I absolutely love this contract. way to go Murray and Good on u peter. now go and earn your next contract. Here's hoping it will be in the 5 years 3.5M$ per Smile

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Weird title for the video. Makes it sound like Peter Regin scored a goal against Ottawa. Man, though, was that ever a rocket.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ecstasy

easily the steal of this off-season in the entire NHL

beerandsens wrote:Great news. Now to see what the heck happens with Campoli. I like him, we'd have some ridiculous defensive depth with him on the roster and I doubt he can get a decent return trade wise... depending on if it goes to arbitration we could walk away... you never know. Anything seems possible.

Maybe the plan is to walk away and play Lee?

Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration - Page 2 432129

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Weird title for the video. Makes it sound like Peter Regin scored a goal against Ottawa. Man, though, was that ever a rocket.

yeah the comment section is cluttered with 'FAIL' for the title. btw, another Regin howitzer

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:
beerandsens wrote:Great news. Now to see what the heck happens with Campoli. I like him, we'd have some ridiculous defensive depth with him on the roster and I doubt he can get a decent return trade wise... depending on if it goes to arbitration we could walk away... you never know. Anything seems possible.

I don't think it'll get to arbitration. If they re-sign Campoli after arbitration, then he can't be traded for a whole season, and that would blow, no matter how much the sens 'like' campoli, they can't like him THAT much with the likes of Weircioch, Gryba, and Cowen lurking around. They might overpay just to get him signed, and then possibly trade him during training camp.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

Kovalfie wrote:

If the award is less that 1.6, I don't think the Sens can walk away...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sign and trade is an option.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Sign and trade is an option.

Pretty sure you can't trade a guy for a while (perhaps as long as a year; certainly at least until January) after you've signed the player to a contract determined by arbitration. I remember this issue coming up after FLA signed JBo to his arbitrator-awarded deal a few years back.

I don't think the Sens will even be able to walk away from Campoli. I can't see an arbitrator giving him more than $1.5 mil / yr -- and, by the CBA, we actually can't walk away from him if the deal is under that number (it changes every year, but I know it's somewhere in between $1.5 and $1.6 mil this year). Who knows what an arbitrator might give him, tho'. Guys like Anton Strahlman and Ian White are certainly getting paid more than I thought they would.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Pretty sure you can't trade a guy for a while (perhaps as long as a year; certainly at least until January) after you've signed the player to a contract determined by arbitration. I remember this issue coming up after FLA signed JBo to his arbitrator-awarded deal a few years back.

I don't think the Sens will even be able to walk away from Campoli. I can't see an arbitrator giving him more than $1.5 mil / yr -- and, by the CBA, we actually can't walk away from him if the deal is under that number (it changes every year, but I know it's somewhere in between $1.5 and $1.6 mil this year). Who knows what an arbitrator might give him, tho'. Guys like Anton Strahlman and Ian White are certainly getting paid more than I thought they would.

I posted this in the Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration thread:

Dash wrote:http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/65994-antti-niemi-files-for-arbitration/page__st__140

A member there wrote the following:

Doggy wrote:Arbitration is just a way of settling contract disputes for RFA's. It's not a special type of contract. A player whose contract was agreed to after arbitration is no different to any other player whose contract was not. Arbitration just gives the two sides a number.

So unless they agree to a contract with a NTC, yes they can trade him.

The only thing I can think of that may have confused you is offer sheets. A player signed on a matched offer sheet can't be traded for a year I think.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I posted this in the Regin signs 2 year deal - avoids arbitration thread:

Dash wrote:http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/65994-antti-niemi-files-for-arbitration/page__st__140

A member there wrote the following:

Doggy wrote:Arbitration is just a way of settling contract disputes for RFA's. It's not a special type of contract. A player whose contract was agreed to after arbitration is no different to any other player whose contract was not. Arbitration just gives the two sides a number.

So unless they agree to a contract with a NTC, yes they can trade him.

The only thing I can think of that may have confused you is offer sheets. A player signed on a matched offer sheet can't be traded for a year I think.

LOL, yeah, I just read that. I dunno anymore; I may indeed be thinking of offer sheets when it comes to that 'can't trade' thing.

I stand by the walk-away number that I have above, tho'. The Sens won't walk away from Campoli because, if it goes to arbitration, he won't get more than $1.5 mil / yr.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:

I stand by the walk-away number that I have above, tho'. The Sens won't walk away from Campoli because, if it goes to arbitration, he won't get more than $1.5 mil / yr.

I think the official number is $1,611,180

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Amnesia021 wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

If the award is less that 1.6, I don't think the Sens can walk away...
Can or should? Two very different meanings...

Wink

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

Not sure how your memory is failing you here. You can trade an arbitrator awarded contract anytime you want as long a there have been no added NTC or NMC put into the contract after the fact (very rare).

The only time a team is not allowed to trade a player is when a contract relates to offer sheets. If a RFA is signed to an offer sheet by an opposing club, the home club has the opportunity to match the offer or receive the appropriate draftpick compensation. If the home team matches the offer, they cannot trade that player within the first year of matching the contract offer.

Most recent high-profile example: the Sabres matching the Oilers offer sheet of Thomas Vanek. The Sabres could not trade Vanek during the 2007-2008 season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum