GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft?

+9
Devo
stempniaksen
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who Will the Sens Draft (#16 Overall)?

[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap224%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 5 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap210%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 6 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_lcap210%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Yah and it's fugly [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 3 270956
My screen is huge though, so it's not too bad.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nevermind, changed it.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Would love to see us take Skinner, but I think he'll be gone by then. Safe bet is McFarland.

I see Beau Bennett with the outside possibility of both Bennett and MacFarland. Don't ask me where we get a late 20's pick from, just a feeling.

I honestly think the trade that Murray makes on draft day is flipping picks with LA for their 2nd.

Sens will take MacFarland then, I would be happy with Bennette too.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bennett or McFarland if they trade down, or they trade up to take Skinner if someone is willing to. Or a plethora of Defensemen were taken before the 16th and guys like Skinner/Johansen/Nino are still there. Last scenario would be less likely.

I'm pretty sure though, if they trade down they take Bennett. I was surprised they had the guy in Ottawa for a few hours but once Bobby Mac had him at 18, T Murray saying they could trade down to take a guy they're really high on, it seems pretty evident.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Watson in an OTtawa jersey... not sure why but they guy had 14 pts in 5 games at some point after being given top line minutes in Pete.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I forgot Granlund in the "falling" category.

FYI, the guys they brought in Ottawa for interview are:

- Skinner
- Bennett
- Watson
- Forbort
- McIlrath
- Etem (not sure)

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Bennett or McFarland if they trade down, or they trade up to take Skinner if someone is willing to. Or a plethora of Defensemen were taken before the 16th and guys like Skinner/Johansen/Nino are still there. Last scenario would be less likely.

I'm pretty sure though, if they trade down they take Bennett. I was surprised they had the guy in Ottawa for a few hours but once Bobby Mac had him at 18, T Murray saying they could trade down to take a guy they're really high on, it seems pretty evident.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Watson in an OTtawa jersey... not sure why but they guy had 14 pts in 5 games at some point after being given top line minutes in Pete.

I'll eat my hat if Nino or Johansen are available at 16. It's quite possible - even likely - that they're the 3rd and 4th forwards to go. Granlund or Burmistrov would be the ones I'd hold out hope for, but I think they're both gone before we pick too.

I just hope it's not a defenceman, Etem or Howden (and I'd prefer if it wasn't Watson but I could live with the choice; I'm just not sure of his offensive upside).

But, Murray hasn't let us down in 2008 or 2009. I'll give his pick the benefit of the doubt no matter the selection.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well pretty sure T Murray's not expecting to see the Winterhawks duo fall to 10+ but you have to consider all the probabilities.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I wouldn't be disappointed with Watson either, he seems like a solid two-way player who could put up points given the minutes, like you said marakh.

I'll stand by my Burmistrov pick...I think he's too good to pass up, no matter what Dorion says [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_tongue.png[/img]

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:is that avatar big on everybody else's screen too? haha

My avatar?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:

My avatar?

No, I had a Burmistrov avatar that was waaaay too big, overlapping into the posts. Changed.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

My avatar?

No, I had a Burmistrov avatar that was waaaay too big, overlapping into the posts. Changed.

Haha, okay.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Dreger is saying the 4th 8th and 15th picks are in play...There is opportunity to move up if they want to, or can put enough together to.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Pop quiz:

Dreger is saying ATL's pick (the 8th) may be in play.

If you're ATL, do you trade that pick for anything like, say, the 16th overall + Foligno?

If you're OTT, does it make sense to give up Foligno to move up 8 spots? If so, who do you take at 8th? Nino, Connolly, Skinner?

Thoughts, please.

You wait until 7 to see who is gone. After that... you make your decision. Im willing to bet the best forward from this draft comes from a later round pick.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:You wait until 7 to see who is gone. After that... you make your decision. Im willing to bet the best forward from this draft comes from a later round pick.

So you'd keep Foligno (perhaps only to make another move elsewhere), and remain at 16 or move back to the low 20s, and pick one of McFarland or Bennett, yes?

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who might be available at 8th who you have to move up for if the chance presents itself?

rooneypoo wrote:
N4L wrote:You wait until 7 to see who is gone. After that... you make your decision. Im willing to bet the best forward from this draft comes from a later round pick.

So you'd keep Foligno (perhaps only to make another move elsewhere), and remain at 16 or move back to the low 20s, and pick one of McFarland or Bennett, yes?

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who might be available at 8th who you have to move up for if the chance presents itself?

Well, put it this way, is there any guarantee or is it even worth the risk to move Foligno for a guy that might turn out to be just as good as him with maybe a little higher ceiling?

I think the guys with the serious upside but are a little riskier are in the middle to late part of the 1st round. A guy like MacFarland has everything Johansson has, just way more immature, so why do it? I think there is a reason why GM's are all trying to move down right now, this would be it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum