GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky

Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Amazing article.

Him and Karlsson are the future of this team, hands down

17Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Kovalfie wrote:Amazing article.

No love for Cowen, Weircioch and Lehner? I would say they make up a big part of that future as well.

18Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

No love for Cowen, Weircioch and Lehner? I would say they make up a big part of that future as well.

Uh...yeah, those 5 are the pillars.

19Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cowen will be dealt along with Mike Fisher to the Preds for Weber. Book THAT suckas!!! Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 542150

20Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 2:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:Cowen will be dealt along with Mike Fisher to the Preds for Weber. Book THAT suckas!!! Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 542150

I would be so excited if that happened, words cannot describe it.

Actually, yes, words can describe it. We trade a 'heart and soul', 45 point guy and a blue chip prospect for one of the 10 best, right-handed D-men in the league. Let me think about that... Thinking Okay.

21Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 2:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Think about this:

Wayne Gretzky is really Canada's Peter Regin. Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 49849

22Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 2:10 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Think about this:

Wayne Gretzky is really Canada's Peter Regin. Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 49849

You're too generous Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 159628

23Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Come on now, as arm chair GMs we all want to think this, but Cowen still has to shake of remnants of his injury, Wiercioch is unproven despite his collegiate success (see Winchester, Lee and Butler), and Lehner... well we've never had a really legit #1 goalie. For now, I'm sticking with Karlsson and Regin being the two cornerstones and anything extra is a major plus!

Oh yeah, and I think we have a couple of Swedes that are SICK!

24Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 5:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
But Kovalfie, none of the collegiate players you mentioned have come close to the achievements Wiercioch has made. Not even in the same league IMO.

25Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm

hey i'm in the same boat as you in saying that we have some real gems coming through the system (thanks to murray) but i'm just saying let's see how they do in the A before we start proclaiming them franchise players. Emery was supposed to be a franchise player as was Daigle, let's wait it out and see.

For right now though, Karlsson and Regin are the immediate and long-term future.

26Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Cowen will be dealt along with Mike Fisher to the Preds for Weber. Book THAT suckas!!! Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 542150

Actually, yes, words can describe it. We trade a 'heart and soul', 45 point guy and a blue chip prospect for one of the 10 best, right-handed D-men in the league. Let me think about that... Thinking Okay.
Do it!!!! oh man, imagine that. the only way that ever happens is if weber quietly demands a trade out of nash. he's on his final year before he's RFA what do you think he'll get? i imagine a spezza/heatley type of contract.

27Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Do it!!!! oh man, imagine that. the only way that ever happens is if weber quietly demands a trade out of nash. he's on his final year before he's RFA what do you think he'll get? i imagine a spezza/heatley type of contract.

Wash Kovalev out the season after and that clears out $5 million and of course Fisher's $4.2

Not a problem!

28Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:High praise for a guy who isn't even good enough to make it as a 2nd line Center.

What do you mean?

It's SSF, do you need a picture of Carrie UNderwood? Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 270956
ANd I agree^^.

29Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
In a few years time, Weircioch is going to be the best player playing for the Ottawa Senators.

30Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 10:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Kovalfie wrote:hey i'm in the same boat as you in saying that we have some real gems coming through the system (thanks to murray) but i'm just saying let's see how they do in the A before we start proclaiming them franchise players. Emery was supposed to be a franchise player as was Daigle, let's wait it out and see.

For right now though, Karlsson and Regin are the immediate and long-term future.

I think it might be more of a question of how good they're gonna be instead of if they're gonna be any good. But your point is taken, they are still prospects until they crack the NHL (and have some success).

31Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Wed May 12, 2010 10:59 pm

PKC wrote:In a few years time, Weircioch is going to be the best player playing for the Ottawa Senators.

Karlsson.

32Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Thu May 13, 2010 12:19 am

N4L wrote:
PKC wrote:In a few years time, Weircioch is going to be the best player playing for the Ottawa Senators.

Karlsson.

Wiercioch's size may allow him to be a better shutdown guy than Karlsson, so in that sense, he has the potential to be a more complete player. It's awfully hard to imagine him being on par with Karlsson's intelligence and ability to generate offence. We'd be insanely lucky if Wiercioch did that.

33Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Regin - Denmark's Gretzky Thu May 13, 2010 12:32 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Subban is already near that, why can't Wiercioch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum