GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010

+13
Tuk Tuk
Devo
Cronie
stempniaksen
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Ottawa @ Calgary, March 11, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap217%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap217%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Canucks have just finished a 15 game road trip. They are exhausted. First home game following any trip is usually a let up, but after a marathon like that, they *should* be easy pickings.

That said, of course the standard disclaimer is "I trust the Sens players and coaching staff are not thinking this."

500 on a Western Road trip would be good and something I would be happy with, if they could get 4 out of 6 points, that's as solid as it gets.

Elliott starts, of course.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Or we could go 6/6 because the Habs nearly did a 8/8?

Meh, Habs are playing desperate hockey and once they force Price in nets again they will, well, everyone knows what happens when Price plays.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should start Leclaire tonight to give him some playing time. Calgary has a weak offense, so I think Leclaire should go tonight and Elliot on Saturday against the high-powered offense of the Canucks.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When Price plays he gets no help offensively, his record is very skewed.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Meh, Habs are playing desperate hockey and once they force Price in nets again they will, well, everyone knows what happens when Price plays.

Price has lost the job, I think it's nearly official. Habs are playing without Cammaleri and there is no reason why we shouldn't play desperate hockey too.

Big Ev wrote:When Price plays he gets no help offensively, his record is very skewed.

That and weak goals galour. I garentee, if Elliott played like Price not only would you and a lot of other people be calling for his head, I would bet a surprisingly large amount of cash you would want him burried in The AHL for Brodure, or Holt, or somehow questiong why Lehner isnt here. Im not calling you out or anything but that's exactly what would happen with A TON of people.

As for Calgary having a weak offense, right now Iginla/Stajun/Borque is the hottest line in the league, also they want to build momentum going on a winning streak, you go with your number 1, especially since his last 2 game he has been as solid as can be, This is a clear indication Elliott is the number 1, same as it was last game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dude, his numbers aren't that much different than Elliott's. The wins aren't there because his team never seems to show up when he's in nets, but his SV% is better than Elliott's and his GAA is about .30 more than Elliott's. If Price was on Ottawa he would definately have more wins and his numbers would probably bet equal if not better than Elliott's current stats. Price just gets flack because of his draft spot, but it's hard to expect a ton from a guy who is only 22 years old.

Sophomore
Sophomore

elliott is our number one, I know it's hard to swallow paying Leclaire 3.8 million but in the end you play who you have the confidence in, not who has the largest paycheque.

How awesome would it be to trade Leclaire and Kuba in the off season-3.8+3.7=7.3 million to spend on keeping Volchenkov and Sutton.

It wouldn't matter who the goaltender was, with volch and sutton blocking shots our goalie would probably only need to make 15 saves a night.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson-Sutton is a sick d-pairing.

Sophomore
Sophomore

I cant wait to see

Phillips Volchenkov
Karlsson Sutton
Cowen Carkner

Is it possible next year??

How would an average goalie do behind that defence

Big Ev wrote:Dude, his numbers aren't that much different than Elliott's. The wins aren't there because his team never seems to show up when he's in nets, but his SV% is better than Elliott's and his GAA is about .30 more than Elliott's. If Price was on Ottawa he would definately have more wins and his numbers would probably bet equal if not better than Elliott's current stats. Price just gets flack because of his draft spot, but it's hard to expect a ton from a guy who is only 22 years old.

That's all that matters man. You think if it comes down to the playoffs and a guy has great numbers and not the wins people give a damn? Numbers wise, Lalime is the best goaltender of all time in the playoffs, now that sir, is an absolute fact.

Good goaltenders are judged on their ability to win games, doesnt matter how. Shutout, blowout, tight checking, or a scoring parade. Doesnt matter, wins, wins, wins.

As for Price, does his team not play as well in front of him then it does for Halak, maybe, maybe not. You want to use that arguement though then it's tough to bash Gerber when he was the best player on the ice for the majority of 2007/08 and on a few nights early last year. Fact of the matter is the weak one went in when it matter no matter how well he played, there is no stat for that.

Long story short, I dont care if Elliott wins every game 8-7 or 1-0, 2 pts is 2 pts, 16 W's is a stanley cup. If you can tell me what Roy's save % or GAA was in his cup runs off the top of your head, go for it, off the top of mine, he's won 16 games in 4 different playoffs and has 3 Conn Smyth's to back it up.

Big Ev wrote:Karlsson-Sutton is a sick d-pairing.

Yup, so different and work so well together thus far. I wouldnt change that when Kuba gets back.

Playoffs

21 W
20 L
926 save %
1.77 GAA

Not only is that more then respectable, that's as good as it gets in terms of individual numbers for a goaltender. Any guesses who that is?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Playoffs

21 W
20 L
926 save %
1.77 GAA

Not only is that more then respectable, that's as good as it gets in terms of individual numbers for a goaltender. Any guesses who that is?

Best goalie we've had up to this point: Patty Lalime!!!! GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30PM EST, Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Page 3 16982

Exxxxxactly, the only numbers that matter when it comes to goaltending are W's and L's. Doesnt matter how you get the job done, as long as you get it done.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

What was wrong with Patty Lalime? There's no way he could have come back after that series against the Leafs, but he was absolutly a stellar goaltender who stole many playoff games for us

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum