GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food Recall - Very Important

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Food Recall - Very Important Empty Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:13 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hello all,

There is a massive recall going on right now with mostly chips and soup mixes. Over the weekend they recalled chips that are distributed at Costco and now they're really starting to come out with more. This could be the biggest recall in history. I would advise anyone to stay clear of chips or anything with artificial flavoring in it for the time being. Affected foods have not necessarily all been removed from shelves. Buy with caution. I didn't think it was going to get this serious, but it is.

Here is more that was recalled this morning.

Brand
Product
Size
UPC
Code

Brand: Family’s Best
Product: Smokey Bacon Potato Chips
Size: 140 g
UPC Code 7 75284 14018 5
Various

No Name
Onion Recipe and Soup Mix
160 g (4 pouches, 40 g each)
0 60383 65353 8
221L14
221L24
222L14
222L24

No Name
Cream of Leek Soup Mix
77 g
0 60383 75573 7
318K3A

Compliments
Onion Soup Mix - Value
160 g (4 pouches x 40 g)
0 67257 11540 6
BB/MA
11 AUG 18
BB/MA
11 AUG 19
BB/MA
11 AUG 08

The following food, manufactured in the U.S., is affected by this alert:

Brand
Product
Size
UPC
Code

Brand: Quaker
Product: Crispy Minis Rice Cakes -Savoury Tomato & Basil
Size: 173 g
UPC Code: 0 55577 10790 4
0211CZ013E
0211CZ013W
0212CZ013E
0212CZ013W

Here are some links to check out for foods recalled over the weekend.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/recaltoce.shtml
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2010/salmonellaprotbe.shtml

2Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's been alot of that in the past couple of days. Some Pringles were recalled as well as a brand of pretzels.

3Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's only going to get worse too, it's scary that we could still be buying this stuff if it's still on the shelves.

4Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Salmonella in chips? Salmonella cannot survive being boiled in oil. It must be in the flavoring that's added after the cooking process is done. Another reason to prefer plain chips.

5Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Salmonella in chips? Salmonella cannot survive being boiled in oil. It must be in the flavoring that's added after the cooking process is done. Another reason to prefer plain chips.

I love plain chips, Ruffles Plain are the best!!

The salmonella is in the flavored chips from what I understand. Watch out for those dips too, those are some of the more popular brands of veggie dips.

6Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:
wprager wrote:Salmonella in chips? Salmonella cannot survive being boiled in oil. It must be in the flavoring that's added after the cooking process is done. Another reason to prefer plain chips.

The salmonella is in the flavored chips from what I understand. Watch out for those dips too, those are some of the more popular brands of veggie dips.

Lays Plain low-salt for us. Sooooo good. You can actually taste the potatoes.

Mind you, when I was young and stupid, I've had a few lunches that consisted of a bag of O'Grady's "Au Gratin" chips and a 2-liter bottle of coke. It's amazing I still have a stomach.

7Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Lays Plain low-salt for us. Sooooo good. You can actually taste the potatoes.

Mind you, when I was young and stupid, I've had a few lunches that consisted of a bag of O'Grady's "Au Gratin" chips and a 2-liter bottle of coke. It's amazing I still have a stomach.

The Lays are really good too, I've become a fan for sure.

I ate so much candy and so many bad things for me when I was a kid, I still do sometimes. Facepalm Very bad stuff, but Oh so good!

8Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

After emptying my guts out that one night last week, I would imagine I got some of this Dung. Unpleasant fits the bill of what it felt like.

9Food Recall - Very Important Empty Re: Food Recall - Very Important Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

More added to the list today.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2010/20100309e.shtml

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2010/salmonellaprotbe.shtml

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum