GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+27
dennycrane
M_Christopher
rooneypoo
caissie_1
Devo
smash88
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
SensHulk
SDH89
SensGirl11
AlfieisGod11
TheAvatar
Ev
stempniaksen
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
PKC
Riprock
Urkie
asq2
LeCaptain
sens4win
wprager
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

They have a lot of guys that are 20 goal scorers, the problem was too much change to a team that was in a position to make the playoffs. They could very well be in the playoffs now if they had stayed with the team they stated the year off with. Then they could have dealt with off-season changes.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:RIP Calgary. The Flames have been extinguished.

Let this be a lesson. There is a thing called too much defense and not enough offense. When the weight of the team is on Iginla and Langkow - and no one else whatsoever, you're doomed. It's great to have a Top 4 D of Giordano, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester and Reghier to start the year - and even better to have a nice goalie as well, but if no one can score, you're doomed.

Iggy to Ottawa? Stay tuned. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 159628

I would love to obviously, but I wonder what the price would be? Wiercioch, Regin, Foligno?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Not that I am interested in obtaining a soon to be 33-year old with a $7-million dollar cap hit, but from Ottawa's perspective, you would have to move some salary, like Kovalev and or Kuba, and from Calgary's perspective they'd want roster players and picks and or prospects. You'd think Phaneuf, who is younger and cheaper, would be a comparable starting point for any talks.

Again though, I am not interested. Ottawa needs to develop their younger and cheaper players.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Not that I am interested in obtaining a soon to be 33-year old with a $7-million dollar cap hit, but from Ottawa's perspective, you would have to move some salary, like Kovalev and or Kuba, and from Calgary's perspective they'd want roster players and picks and or prospects. You'd think Phaneuf, who is younger and cheaper, would be a comparable starting point for any talks.

Again though, I am not interested. Ottawa needs to develop their younger and cheaper players.

Toronto overpaid for Phaneuf because Jurke has a huge ego and wanted to make a big splash just like he did with Kessel.

Do you think it's possible to develop younger and cheaper players while you make acquisitions to better your NHL roster?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Not that I am interested in obtaining a soon to be 33-year old with a $7-million dollar cap hit, but from Ottawa's perspective, you would have to move some salary, like Kovalev and or Kuba, and from Calgary's perspective they'd want roster players and picks and or prospects. You'd think Phaneuf, who is younger and cheaper, would be a comparable starting point for any talks.

That totally depends on the asking price. Kuba, Cowen and a 1st? Hmmm......Okay, I'll do it! Michalek, Kuba and a 1st? Hmmm....don't want to, but I have to.

Regin, Foligno, Leclaire/Kovalev + 1st? Too much.

There's a lot of variables IMO, he's one of the better players in the league, playing on the crappiest, most boring team in existence (with the NOTABLE exceptions of the Devils, Rangers etc.) Personally, I would love to see Iggy with the Dispenser and Alfie - not to mention that he'd be the heir to the throne to Alflie and keeping the place warm for Spez.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Iginla is available, you would have to think that Pittsburgh makes an offer for him. Crosby. Needs. A. Real. Winger.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:If Iginla is available, you would have to think that Pittsburgh makes an offer for him. Crosby. Needs. A. Real. Winger.

No chance they can afford him with Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Kunitz already eating up 30 million of the cap (34 if you count Letang).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They COULD trade Staal. Unilikely, but he'll be stuck on the third line if he plays hsi entire career with Pittsburgh

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Iginla is available, you would have to think that Pittsburgh makes an offer for him. Crosby. Needs. A. Real. Winger.

No chance they can afford him with Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Kunitz already eating up 30 million of the cap (34 if you count Letang).

They would surely send Staal the other way if they wanted Iginla that bad.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74

Dennis Seidenberg will miss 8 weeks. No playoffs for him.

Big Ev wrote:They COULD trade Staal. Unilikely, but he'll be stuck on the third line if he plays hsi entire career with Pittsburgh

reminds me a bit of Vermette's situation in Ottawa

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Carolina is set to be announced as the host city for the 2011 All-star weekend.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317028

Ottawa got screwed out of it, since they hosted the draft twice and the draft host city usually gets the ASG.

Gustavsson nominated for Masterton.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/790938--leafs-goalie-heartened-by-nhl-award-nomination

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carolina? WTF? The All-Star game will be played while College Basketball is almost winding down, nobody will care about the ASG in Carolina!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Non-NHL news, Mike Foligno has resigned as the head coach and general manager of the Sudbury Wolves.

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/sports/2010/04/foligno-070410.aspx

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tkachuk calls it a career.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, Phoenix beats the Preds, which pushes Detroit into 5th and a first-round match up against Phoenix. Is that irony?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Carter cleared to skate, may be ready to go Friday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... what are the chances the Habs miss the post season... it would take the Habs losing both of their final two games in regulation PLUS back to back OT/SO wins by the Rags over Philly PLUS Boston picking up 3 or more points in their final three games.

Not too likely... it's gonna come down to the final day I bet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum