GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28

+12
Cap'n Clutch
KubaTrooper
garblar
TheAvatar
AlfieisGod11
PKC
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Canada vs. U.S.A. for the Gold - Feb. 28, 2010

OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_lcap225%OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 2 ]
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_lcap225%OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 2 ]
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_lcap213%OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_lcap212%OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 1 ]
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yep, I think he yelled "Here!!!!".

wprager wrote:Anyone watch the closing ceremonies? I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I *loved it*. I got my wife tickets for Michael Buble (he's coming in August) for Valentine's and then seeing him singing The Maple Leaf Forever -- priceless. Shatner calling Canada the Final Frontier; Michael J Fox, Catherine O'Hara. I tuned in late, just before Neil Young was literally whisked away. Should have tuned in sooner.

Neil Young was awesome. That closing ceremonies were a hokie piece of Canadiana, but it was meant for us, not for the world. Most non Canadians wouldn't get some of the references anyway.

The display the Sochi 2014 team put on was incredibly impressive.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:This is from the "Say what?" THN article:

“He was yelling pretty urgently. There’s different pitches of yell and he was screaming.”

- Jarome Iginla on Sidney Crosby calling for the puck prior to scoring the game-winner in OT of the gold medal game.

You can hear him yell for the puck - even through all that noise.

Stop that video at exactly 1:31 and tell me that's not the greatest thing you've ever seen.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

They are saying that 26.5 million Canadians were watching when Crosby scored the overtime winner!!!

WHAT?!?! TWO THIRDS OF THE COUNTRY WAS WATCHING THE GAME!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Two thirds of the entire country. Diddling insane.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Two thirds of the entire country. Diddling insane.

I'd really like to know how many were watching in the States too? I wonder if there's a chance that the total between the two countries approached 100 million.

35 million viewers they said. Most watched hockey game ever.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:35 million viewers they said. Most watched hockey game ever.

That's absolutely incredible. Over 60 million people watching a hockey game.

Let's make sure that these guys aren't allowed to compete in 2014... OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 489887

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:They are saying that 26.5 million Canadians were watching when Crosby scored the overtime winner!!!

WHAT?!?! TWO THIRDS OF THE COUNTRY WAS WATCHING THE GAME!

Let's see, my 13-year-old wasn't really watching, but he was sitting on the couch and glancing up once in a while; he had no choice but to *hear* it. My other son and my wife were there, so that's 4 out of our six (I think the girls were Wiiing upstairs). So 2/3 fits for us.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:35 million viewers they said. Most watched hockey game ever.

That's absolutely incredible. Over 60 million people watching a hockey game.

Let's make sure that these guys aren't allowed to compete in 2014... OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL GAME DAY: Canada vs. U.S.A. - 3:15PM EST, Sunday, Feb. 28 - Page 9 489887

60? Nelly said 35. I'm pretty sure that was 35m in North America. I wonder how many were watching in Europe. I'd still be watching if it was a Sweden/Russia final, so there were probably a few eyeballs glued over in Europe.

But to get to 60 you'd have to have 25 million watching in Europe/worldwide. Was it broadcast in Punjabi by any chance? That would do it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

35 million in the US. Best thing to happen to hockey ever.

Americans winning would have been actually, but still an impressive number.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Americans winning would have been actually, but still an impressive number.

Probably, yeah, but the fact they were there for everyone in NA to see is a big, big thing. Kids who never would have dreamt of playing hockey in the US probably are thinking about it right now.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Americans winning would have been actually, but still an impressive number.

Probably, yeah, but the fact they were there for everyone in NA to see is a big, big thing. Kids who never would have dreamt of playing hockey in the US probably are thinking about it right now.

I love saying I was right. I called Team USA in the gold medal game almost a year ago. And I'll go even further to say that with the proper progression of Johnathan Quick, that the Americans will win gold in 2014.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, 35M in the US, that's over 10%. And, while they may not have won, it was pretty exciting how they tied it up late.

Let's be honest, Canada didn't win because they were significantly better. That was a bit of a lucky goal, quick shot and somewhat unexpected. I would actually go to say that Miller probably should have had it, and why was Crosby left along is a question for the ages. As is the reason Weber abandoned his post to play forward on the tying goal.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I love saying I was right. I called Team USA in the gold medal game almost a year ago. And I'll go even further to say that with the proper progression of Johnathan Quick, that the Americans will win gold in 2014.

I think the Americans should be considered a medal lock in 2010, but I don't think Quick will be the one to lead them there. Miller should still be in his prime once Sochi rolls around.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This guy is a genius:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum