GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010

+12
Urkie
Ev
stempniaksen
Bramlet07
sens4win
M_Christopher
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If it was anyone other than Crosby, I'd be really pissed right now, but it was the Wayne Gretzky of our generation that was made to take the shot. Rick Nash is good...but he ain't no Crosby.

The issue here isn't that, it's that the score was 4-0 and Nash could have taken the shot and missed - and things still would have been alright. It wasn't like that shot meant the game.

That's where Babcock makes some mistakes, but he coached a pretty air tight game last night. Tonight will obviously be a bigger test.

Diddle that noise. Reward the guy who's creating the chance, not the guy who essentially had nothing to do with the play. You gotta get Nash going. Canada needs to get every single guy on that team firing on all cylinders. I don't worry about Crosby because his skill level and determination are through the roof, but I worry about a guy like Nash because his skill is very much predicated on his confidence.

Amateur coaching job by Babcock and co. so far. That better change tonight or we're dead in the water.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:If Sid can pick his teammates, why shouldn't he get the penalty shot? Sarcasm

Because we didn't need that goal.

I guess that's as good a reason as any to let the Assistant GM take that shot. Dancing

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010 - Page 10 270956 Yeah why not.

Who is the assistant GM?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:If Sid can pick his teammates, why shouldn't he get the penalty shot? Sarcasm

Because we didn't need that goal.

I guess that's as good a reason as any to let the Assistant GM take that shot. Dancing

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010 - Page 10 270956 Yeah why not.

Who is the assistant GM?

Baby Crosby.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Diddle that noise. Reward the guy who's creating the chance, not the guy who essentially had nothing to do with the play. You gotta get Nash going. Canada needs to get every single guy on that team firing on all cylinders. I don't worry about Crosby because his skill level and determination are through the roof, but I worry about a guy like Nash because his skill is very much predicated on his confidence.

Amateur coaching job by Babcock and co. so far. That better change tonight or we're dead in the water.

It was weak and dumb considering the score. If it was close and that goal meant everything, then it's a different story IMO, but with the game over at 4-0, it was uncalled for and kinda bush league, yeah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Baby Crosby.

No, for real though.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Because no one guy is more important than the team. The success of the team is directly related to the success of each and every one of its components.

Professional team sports have proven that no one player, no matter their dominance, can win without an adequate supporting cast. No one.

Not the Wayne Gretzky of our generation or the previous for that matter, not Kobe, not LeBron, not Michael or Magic, not Larry, not Montana or Manning. No body. It's impossible. One guy will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be better than five.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Baby Crosby.

No, for real though.

I don't even know if there is one. Other than Sid the Kid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum