GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 28]

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:Don't know where is Niedermayer, but he better WTFU against the AMericans. NO idea how vocal he is, but after Heatley received the puck in the chest, Crosby was the 1st guy to come to him and asking. Niedermayer? not even leading on the ice by example.

Yeah, I'm assuming the thought behind making Nieds the captain was, he'd beable to get everyone checked.

Regardless of the outcome of the tourney (gold Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 422187 ) I think Crosby would have been the safer choice, just based on how well he handles himself on and off the ice.

I'm not a big fan of his, but he is amazing in all facets of the game. (except for fighting, but he's allowed that 'flaw')

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Where was the Captain during all this? Not impressed with greybeard's leadership. As much as I am *not* a Crosby fan, maybe he should have gotten the 'C'.

Speaking of which, has it ever happened that the Captain/Alternates were changed during a tournament (excluding injuries)?

The "Old Boys Club" is alive and well at Hockey Canada. This should have been more of a transition year in terms of selections. They picked the wrong returnees and not enough new blood.

Whatever. It's still a long tournament and Fraudeur is money in the bank. Sarcasm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I'm actually kinda impressed. Where has Crosby the whiner gone? He is my age and the level of maturity and leadership is impressive to say the least.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

It would have been too much pressure on Crosby (yeah, i know he has faced all other adversity head on so far) and the fact that he can just play his game without having to play the role of captain is a big reason why he's been successful.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Where was the Captain during all this? Not impressed with greybeard's leadership. As much as I am *not* a Crosby fan, maybe he should have gotten the 'C'.

Speaking of which, has it ever happened that the Captain/Alternates were changed during a tournament (excluding injuries)?

The "Old Boys Club" is alive and well at Hockey Canada. This should have been more of a transition year in terms of selections. They picked the wrong returnees and not enough new blood.

Whatever. It's still a long tournament and Fraudeur is money in the bank. Sarcasm

WE have Richards, Crosby, Doughty, Keith and Seabrook, Bergeron, Toews, Crosby, Nash etc. I think there is enough young blood, but they don't get enough responsabilities. For now. Based on last night, It's all on Babcock to decide who is wanting it the most.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

WE have Richards, Crosby, Doughty, Keith and Seabrook, Bergeron, Toews, Crosby, Nash etc. I think there is enough young blood, but they don't get enough responsabilities. For now. Based on last night, It's all on Babcock to decide who is wanting it the most.

Young guys not playing enoug ......Hitchcock is on staff....seems all to familiar Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 159628

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:Young guys not playing enoug ......Hitchcock is on staff....seems all to familiar Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 159628

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:Young guys not playing enoug ......Hitchcock is on staff....seems all to familiar Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 159628

You still haven't forgiven him for ruining Filatov have you? Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 270956

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

stempniaksen wrote:

You still haven't forgiven him for ruining Filatov have you? Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 270956

Pretty much Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 270956

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Poll added. Vote with your conscience SSF. Smile

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Poll added. Vote with your conscience SSF. Smile

Done. I will accept nothing less than a full and complete massa-cree of Brian Jurke's cast of scoundrels.

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think Babcock has done an awful job thus far. From his over kill of that Sharks line to benching Doughty and not Pronger, I think he has to make some changes. The vets wont be carrying Team Canada.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:I'm actually kinda impressed. Where has Crosby the whiner gone? He is my age and the level of maturity and leadership is impressive to say the least.

Nah, I think you're just immature and way underpaid. Laugh1

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Done. I will accept nothing less than a full and complete massa-cree of Brian Jurke's cast of scoundrels.

You went a little off the board this time. Way to go out on a limb. Dancing

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfie makes it 2-0 Sweden!

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

Alfie makes it 2-0. Alfie! Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 3 95132

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You went a little off the board this time. Way to go out on a limb. Dancing

Who says you need Oil of Olay to keep them guessing? Lalalala

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Team Canada should've done what the US did and taken only young players, maybe a vet or two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum