GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » Atlantic » Montreal Canadiens » Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out

Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
BTW, Markov has been playing some pretty average hockey since his return. He's the last guy to tell people to be better.

Big George on OTR just said this wasnt true so...

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:Good, hope he gets dealt. Halak is the better goaltender, end of story. Gainey has proved to be a moron though so we'll see.

I think I would replace Gainey before I trade Price. I prefer Halak like pretty much the majority, but Price is still very young and with potential so I don't see any reason to trade him ASAP. I also don't get why he cannot just be a backup for now.

Price is proving to be a mental wreck. Thats a big fall back as a goaltender. Halak is the guy that will lead The Habs.

Still, he has a WJC and a Calder on his resume, and since Montreal is a total mess anyway, that's a lot of pressure to take for a 22 (?) year old goaltender.

I take Halak before Price, but I don't think it's his fault that Huet was traded and that he given the N1 job of a team going into the playoffs at 20 years old, then getting booed by 20,000 people for every save you make when the other 22 players are playing as bad.

No it's all on Gainey, for sure. I think Prags took what I said the wrong way there, I probably said it poorly too, but Price is all over the place on and off the ice.

WJC... how many goaltenders that win the gold for Canada are NHL busts? Glass? Pogge? maybe Price? I dont see Takarski doing much as an NHL player either. You would be hard pressed to find a goaltender who won a WJC and has made a serious impact in The NHL... Price is the only one I can think of and I believe he's been over rated since day one.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie
N4L wrote:No it's all on Gainey, for sure. I think Prags took what I said the wrong way there, I probably said it poorly too, but Price is all over the place on and off the ice.

WJC... how many goaltenders that win the gold for Canada are NHL busts? Glass? Pogge? maybe Price? I dont see Takarski doing much as an NHL player either. You would be hard pressed to find a goaltender who won a WJC and has made a serious impact in The NHL... Price is the only one I can think of and I believe he's been over rated since day one.

Steve mason isnt too shabby...

Forgot about Mason.

N4L wrote:Forgot about Mason.

I distinctly remember you calling Mason the worst goalie in the NHL, just yesterday or the day before. You don't think he's a bust?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
3-0 Bolts. Gill and Gorges are both -2 (the third goal was a PPG). Maybe Markov should have had a talk with those two as well.

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:Forgot about Mason.

I distinctly remember you calling Mason the worst goalie in the NHL, just yesterday or the day before. You don't think he's a bust?

Naw, right now though he is def the worst goalie in The NHL. We were talking about WJC winning goalies who have made an impact, Mason as, that's all. Dude was right.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I was listening to the Team 990 and the host was wondering if it's possible that Jacques Martin is content to try and win road games 1-0 or 2-1. Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out - Page 2 270956

Naturally, I was yelling at my radio: "WTF do you think? It's Jacques "Play-Not-To-Lose" Martin."

Markov to Price: Play with heart - or get out - Page 2 65556

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
So, how many spots are the Habs going to move up in the TSN rankings after tonight? To 7th?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:No it's all on Gainey, for sure. I think Prags took what I said the wrong way there, I probably said it poorly too, but Price is all over the place on and off the ice.

WJC and Calder, + a very good season where he was N1 goaltender of a N1 team in the East at the end of the season. Then one series win in the playoffs. All of that at 21 years old. How many have done that by the age of 21? Not many I would say.

Anyways, the way things are going, he's gonna ask to be traded, and I will not be surprised if he tears it up on another team.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SO, Jacques Demers just said on RDS that this was what he heard:

_ After the game in St-Louis, the OT loss after a turnover, the players were going back to the dressing room.
Price asked the guys, "who made the turnover"?
It was Markov.
Then Markov said: Your job is to stop the puck, so do your job.
Then ┬ĘPrice answered: Do you think I didn't try to?

Then nobody saw the rest.

marakh wrote:

WJC and Calder, + a very good season where he was N1 goaltender of a N1 team in the East at the end of the season. Then one series win in the playoffs. All of that at 21 years old. How many have done that by the age of 21? Not many I would say.

Anyways, the way things are going, he's gonna ask to be traded, and I will not be surprised if he tears it up on another team.

Point I was making is being a WJC goaltender in Canada is anything but a garentee and for the most part, the the highlight of their lives in terms of what they go on to do in hockey.

As for Price in general, IMO, I think he has been given the world by Gainey (Gainey's mistake), he is too young to be in the position he is in, he's too young to be in Montreal alone, and too immature to handle what has been thrown at him. Price hasnt done a thing in The NHL at this point, him being an allstart last year probably gave him some underserved sense of accomplishment as well.

Halak is the goaltender that should carry that team forward because in all honesty, the rest of that team does not play hard in front of Price. Reminds me of how The Sens played in front of Emery after that cup run. Price is a cancer there right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
They certainly didn't play very hard for him tonight. 3-0 shutout. I think he needs a change of scenery.

By the way, another goaltender who made a name on the all-world stage only to flounder in the NHL -- Jim Craig. I still remember the 7-Up (I think) commercials he did back when he was an Atlanta Flame. Miracle on Ice was the highlight of his career. Everything after that was anti-climactic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Apparently after practice Price went over to Markov and gave him a big hug, then looked over at where the media types were sitting. While that in itself is funny, one of the readers' comments was hilarious:

They had to try the hug twice, because the first time they tried it, Markov went through Price's five-hole!!!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308005

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran
I hope is out of that place sooner than later, the longer he stays here the worse he's going to get. And Habs need to trade him now while his value is somewhat higher that what'll be in a few months/next season

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Price has got to go... not to mention, doesn't hesmoke something like 2 packs a day?? no wonder his post-to-post is awful...

Gainey AND Price need to go

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum