GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's

+8
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
asq2
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:We have 2 2nd rounders. If SJ`s second + a shannon/lee type of deal I sign.

Nobody seems to want to answer my question. WHY? Why do this? Are we really a Whitney away from competing seriously the SC playoffs?

I just don't understand this move at all. It reeks of the god awful Bondra deal to me. Brooks Laich would look really good in a Sens Uni now wouldn't he?

If you're an owner, and a relatively smart move like this can get your team any playoff cash, you do it without hesitating.

I think people grossly underestimate the Sens. This team reeks of playoff build, they are exactly the kind of hard hat and lunch pail kind of team that makes noise in the playoffs.

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:If you're an owner, and a relatively smart move like this can get your team any playoff cash, you do it without hesitating.

I think people grossly underestimate the Sens. This team reeks of playoff build, they are exactly the kind of hard hat and lunch pail kind of team that makes noise in the playoffs.

I agree with you here but if we could strenthen our blue line even more then we would be serious contenders. I think that should be Murray's focus, not adding another top 6 forward.

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

Sorry I dont think Whitney is the answer unless he is supplemented with a solid dman addition. As well I would be hesitant on giving away any picks in this draft. Move bodies instead.

PKC wrote:
hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:We have 2 2nd rounders. If SJ`s second + a shannon/lee type of deal I sign.

Nobody seems to want to answer my question. WHY? Why do this? Are we really a Whitney away from competing seriously the SC playoffs?

I just don't understand this move at all. It reeks of the god awful Bondra deal to me. Brooks Laich would look really good in a Sens Uni now wouldn't he?

If you're an owner, and a relatively smart move like this can get your team any playoff cash, you do it without hesitating.

Not without goaltending they don't. Are you confident enough in Leclaire and Elliot? I'm not.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phoenix30 wrote:Sorry I dont think Whitney is the answer unless he is supplemented with a solid dman addition. As well I would be hesitant on giving away any picks in this draft. Move bodies instead.

The answer? No. But he's a good start.

Next to Michalek, our best LW is Jarkko Ruutu. Do the math.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Sorry I dont think Whitney is the answer unless he is supplemented with a solid dman addition. As well I would be hesitant on giving away any picks in this draft. Move bodies instead.

The answer? No. But he's a good start.

Next to Michalek, our best LW is Jarkko Ruutu. Do the math.

What about Fisher?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with Hemlock. This team is 5-5 in January and has been all over the map. Even if the playoffs started today, Ottawa would play Pittsburgh. No point in wasting future assets this year, UNLESS the team has absolutely no use for Lee. While Whitney is good, I don't think he could put the Sens over the hump against Pittsburgh or NJ (one of those teams will finish 4th).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher is a centre, next would be a RW. Whitney would be good so long as it does not cost a lot to get him, or re-sign him. Do not want another Comrie or Stillman incident here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Fisher is a centre, next would be a RW. Whitney would be good so long as it does not cost a lot to get him, or re-sign him. Do not want another Comrie or Stillman incident here.

He can probably play either wing better than center.

And if you insist on keeping Fish at center over Regin (who is developing into an excellent 2nd line center) then you can put Regin on LW (he's a left-hand shot, right?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:I agree with Hemlock. This team is 5-5 in January and has been all over the map. Even if the playoffs started today, Ottawa would play Pittsburgh. No point in wasting future assets this year, UNLESS the team has absolutely no use for Lee. While Whitney is good, I don't think he could put the Sens over the hump against Pittsburgh or NJ (one of those teams will finish 4th).

I have a feeling the only reason Lee is in Bingo right now is because his cap hit is $1.3M and Campoli/Picard are less *and* one-way. I guess that's two reasons. If they clear some cap room they could bring him up, maybe play him into a tradeable asset. At this point, with hardly any NHL experience this year (at least hardly any *good* experience), and with that cap hit, it would be hard to move him. Heck, RFA compensation would probably be better.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I agree with Hemlock. This team is 5-5 in January and has been all over the map. Even if the playoffs started today, Ottawa would play Pittsburgh. No point in wasting future assets this year, UNLESS the team has absolutely no use for Lee. While Whitney is good, I don't think he could put the Sens over the hump against Pittsburgh or NJ (one of those teams will finish 4th).

I have a feeling the only reason Lee is in Bingo right now is because his cap hit is $1.3M and Campoli/Picard are less *and* one-way. I guess that's two reasons. If they clear some cap room they could bring him up, maybe play him into a tradeable asset. At this point, with hardly any NHL experience this year (at least hardly any *good* experience), and with that cap hit, it would be hard to move him. Heck, RFA compensation would probably be better.

But Lee was a 9th overall pick. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum