GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Word of thanks

+3
Cronie
jamvan
Mosky
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Word of thanks Empty Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:10 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

I just felt it necessary to thank you guys for starting this up. I really love talking about hockey.. at work while i should be doing work but Hey!, whatever. lol but my point is that i really needed a site that wasn't complete bs from both the bloggers and the posters, and i know we all know what site im talking about. The people there are just so stupid sometimes and it really gets annoying when the only place i can go talk hockey is there. So to show my appreciation, i know that someone has already lent their expertise in web design if you guys needed it so i will just let you know that i am in information technology specializing in multimedia design with alot of web design background. so if you need my help along with anybody that has already offered, i'm here to lend a hand. aswell, i know a guy within the florida panthers organization, and i'm not saying that i speak with him daily as per what some people might claim they do, if i hear anything from him that might prove to be an interesting topic within the forum i will post it up.

So points from speel -
- Thank you.
- Go Sens.

P.S. whats this "trolls" you speak of... im assuming its a type of poster within forums but i was just wondering how you classify someone as a "troll" :lol!:

2Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

You're help would be greatly appreciated if you're offering. Welcome aboard and it's great to have you here.

3Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I second Jam's welcoming. it's great to have another rabid hockey fan in our midst, and if you're internet-lectually inclined AND willing to lend his expertise, well, You sir, are a rare find indeed!

Welcome aboard, and believe me, it is WE who thanks you for your membership. Come on in, enjoy yourself, pack a lunch, stay for the day!

p.s. a troll is a s**t-disturber who lurks within forums posting inate, inciteful posts that serve only to rile the fans of a that's forum's team and such. When referencing that 'site' you mentioned, there was never a shortage of them there, I can tell you... LOl

4Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dude, welcome aboard! Help? We can always use help!

We need to make this work - and in order to do so, we need as many active members as possible. Do you have any friends that would be interested in coming along for the ride?

It'll be fun - and they can write their own stuff - or they can just fire away in chat or in any of the several topics we have going.

Again....welcome aboard!

5Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:41 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Ah i'm glad i'm clear on the whole "troll" subject now, my forum lingo is starting to improve lol. and yes i will definitely let a bunch of people know about this site, always nice to have more opinions, as long as it doesn't get out of hand and have people bragging about their own "salary", insted of those of an nhl player.

6Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:Ah i'm glad i'm clear on the whole "troll" subject now, my forum lingo is starting to improve lol. and yes i will definitely let a bunch of people know about this site, always nice to have more opinions, as long as it doesn't get out of hand and have people bragging about their own "salary", insted of those of an nhl player.

Agreed. and don't worry, there are 4 sherrifs standing guard with itchy trigger (or BAN) fingers at the helm!

LOL

7Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:

Agreed. and don't worry, there are 4 sherrifs standing guard with itchy trigger (or BAN) fingers at the helm!

LOL

haha the ban finger is quite the finger to have, its power will overwelm the average man, don't let it go to the head. Trust me, i did, and i had to go to rehab for it.. nastiest 5 years of my life. :joker:

8Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:37 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

I would also like to thank you lads for starting up this site. Apparently Cap'n Clutch's "shameless self promotion" worked!

A great way to bypass HB and get right to the info I want to find. Which is Sens info!

Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

9Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:16 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Mosky wrote:I just felt it necessary to thank you guys for starting this up. I really love talking about hockey.. at work while i should be doing work but Hey!, whatever. lol but my point is that i really needed a site that wasn't complete bs from both the bloggers and the posters, and i know we all know what site im talking about. The people there are just so stupid sometimes and it really gets annoying when the only place i can go talk hockey is there. So to show my appreciation, i know that someone has already lent their expertise in web design if you guys needed it so i will just let you know that i am in information technology specializing in multimedia design with alot of web design background. so if you need my help along with anybody that has already offered, i'm here to lend a hand. aswell, i know a guy within the florida panthers organization, and i'm not saying that i speak with him daily as per what some people might claim they do, if i hear anything from him that might prove to be an interesting topic within the forum i will post it up.

So points from speel -
- Thank you.
- Go Sens.

P.S. whats this "trolls" you speak of... im assuming its a type of poster within forums but i was just wondering how you classify someone as a "troll" :lol!:

I heartily second Mosky's point. I can see you're still working through a few kinks, but it's a great forum, free from all the BS posting at that "other" site. :D

10Word of thanks Empty Re: Word of thanks Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All four of us appreciate the words of thanks. BTW we are always working on things in here as you've probably noticed and I want you to know that if this thing continues to grow that we have plans for our own website not hosted by forumotion so, we'll be able to add more and better functionality. We'll also be able to act on more of the suggestions in the suggestion box topic.

Thanks again guys!

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum