GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Pittsburgh Penguins » Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season?

Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season?

+6
PTFlea
Ev
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:

Playing with two sticks is a minor. Karlsson tees it up on the resulting PP. 1-0 Sens.

Laugh1 Very clever.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Is my avatar creepy or what? I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. He keeps ... looking at me.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:Is my avatar creepy or what? I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. He keeps ... looking at me.
Creepy indeed... standing very close... behind him... with a creepy grin... like he's enjoying something...

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie
wprager wrote:Bump.

Pens and Devils are duking it out for the Division lead. With identical records, it's the head-to-head play that has the Devils in front, pushing the Pens to 4th.

If the playoffs were to start to day, Pittsburgh would be facing the Sens in the first round. They are 2-2 in the season series with Ottawa, with each team winning once at home and once on the road, and with each team blowing out the other once. It's about as even as they come, but I think the first time they faced a fully-healthy Senators lineup was the Jan. 28 game, which the Sens won 4-1. Since then, they have added Mt. Sutton and Cullen, and Karlsson has emerged into a top offensive defenseman (and, no, I am not exaggerating -- it remains to be seen if he can continue his impressive string of games into the post-season). And if that's not enough, there are plenty of players left from the opening round sweep two years ago.

If Pittsburgh can heat up in their last four games and pass the Devils, then their first round opponent will likely be Montreal. Although the Pens won the seasons series 3-1, this is a different Habs team, now that Halak has been given the #1.

Pittsburgh is 5-5 in their last 10 (well, technically they are 5-4-1) and they clearly need to be a better than .500 team heading to the post season. Heating up with 4 games to go is what they need, but would facing Halak in the first round be a bonus or curse?

wouldn't pittsburgh play boston if they finished ahead of jersey

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
garblar wrote:
wprager wrote:Bump.

Pens and Devils are duking it out for the Division lead. With identical records, it's the head-to-head play that has the Devils in front, pushing the Pens to 4th.

If the playoffs were to start to day, Pittsburgh would be facing the Sens in the first round. They are 2-2 in the season series with Ottawa, with each team winning once at home and once on the road, and with each team blowing out the other once. It's about as even as they come, but I think the first time they faced a fully-healthy Senators lineup was the Jan. 28 game, which the Sens won 4-1. Since then, they have added Mt. Sutton and Cullen, and Karlsson has emerged into a top offensive defenseman (and, no, I am not exaggerating -- it remains to be seen if he can continue his impressive string of games into the post-season). And if that's not enough, there are plenty of players left from the opening round sweep two years ago.

If Pittsburgh can heat up in their last four games and pass the Devils, then their first round opponent will likely be Montreal. Although the Pens won the seasons series 3-1, this is a different Habs team, now that Halak has been given the #1.

Pittsburgh is 5-5 in their last 10 (well, technically they are 5-4-1) and they clearly need to be a better than .500 team heading to the post season. Heating up with 4 games to go is what they need, but would facing Halak in the first round be a bonus or curse?

wouldn't pittsburgh play boston if they finished ahead of jersey

I believe that's what it was at the time of writing.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
I refuse to answer the topic of this thread as I fear everyone else will copy my picks in the playoff pool that (I forget who) is running on this site.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
CockRoche wrote:I refuse to answer the topic of this thread as I fear everyone else will copy my picks in the playoff pool that (I forget who) is running on this site.

OK. Answer me this then. Are you related to Hollywood legend, Eugene Roche?

Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? - Page 2 4_2_k_10

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I refuse to answer the topic of this thread as I fear everyone else will copy my picks in the playoff pool that (I forget who) is running on this site.

OK. Answer me this then. Are you related to Hollywood legend, Eugene Roche?

Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? - Page 2 4_2_k_10

Nope. But I would buy that hat off him in a second.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gee, and here I thought I was unforgettable Smile

The more recent threads can usually be found by entering the appropriate keywords in the search box (top right, below banner). But it's quite finicky. For example, type in "brackets" and you find it, no problem. But type in "bracket" and fugeddaboutit.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:

The more recent threads can usually be found by entering the appropriate keywords in the search box (top right, below banner). But it's quite finicky. For example, type in "brackets" and you find it, no problem. But type in "bracket" and fugeddaboutit.

I demand more Boolean operators be incorporated in to the search function.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:

I demand more Boolean operators be incorporated in to the search function.

The search function is slightly better than the Rogers EPG search function.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hmm, I just tried searching for "Prager's AND brackets" and got both the bracket pool threads (original and this year's). I also got the *other* playoff pool thread. Maybe the search is not the title but posts within the thread?

Then I tried "brackets AND 2010" and got a bunch of threads with "2010" in the title. Of course I have no idea if AND is an operator or just a search term. Is there any way we could incorporate a google search of the site? Maybe something as simple as a widget that fires off a google search of the entered terms with "site:gmhockey.com" tacked on at the end?

Ever make a widget, Billy?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fleury got yanked last night... and he was none too pleased...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:Safe to say that if Ottawa and Pittsburgh play in the first round, it's going to 7 games and it's going to be one of the best series in NHL history.

It sure would have been had they been fully healthy and Clouston had employed the Fisher, Cullen, Alfie line from the start. Also, just maybe, Leclaire starting the series, assuming he deserved it at the time, would have made this one a lot more fun.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Pens started off the season red hot but, after a rash of injuries, they have fizzled out quite a bit. They have gotten Gonchar back and Talbot played his first game of the season vs. the Sens on Thursday.

As the Pens get healthy it looks like they'll be a force yet again this season. If the Pens can't make it to the Finals this season who knocks them out? Do they relax a little too much in an effort to save their best for the finals?

I personally can't see them making it all the way to the finals this season. Philly and Washington are too strong and the fatigue will catch up to them.

OK so Washington crapped the bed and Philly scrapped it out to make it to the playoffs but I was still right about Pitt not making it to the Finals and look at Philly now. They're only the 6th team in History to force a game 7 when down 3 games to none and on the verge of being the 3rd team to win the series when down like that.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum