GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Line Predictions:

+23
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
strachattack
jamvan
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Riprock
shabbs
spader
asq2
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
PTFlea
Jordo
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

46Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Chemistry plays a big part in this and if pulling Alfie off of the line with Spezza and Heatley has the usual predictable results then it won't be long before they're re-united.

I also think that a Foligno, Fisher, Kovalev line is a very legitimate scoring threat as was the FFS line before it. Switching up Kovalev for Shannon, in theory, should only make it better.

Regardless it'll be interesting to see what happens and how the lines are put together once the regular season starts.

Playing with Fisher will only make Kovalev seem "enigmatic". He'll be back to hanging on to the puck too long because Fisher doesn't have the hockey sense to get himself in scoring position. That was the problem in Montreal with the crap linemates he had there.

At least Alfie can adjust.

47Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Thats a really good point SSF

48Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:36 am

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cheechoo-Spezza-Kovalev
Michalek-Fisher-Alfredsson
Foligno-Kelly-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Bass
Donovan

Kuba-Karlsson
Phil-Volch
Campoli-Lee/Picard
Lee-Picard

I put Cheechoo on that top line because he needs someone to feed him the puck. I think that Spezz/Kovy together will give him a ton of opportunities to bury it.
The 2nd line is going to be insane to watch with Fisher/Michalek playing together and Alfie rounding them out. It's a highly effective energy line with a stockpile of talent as well. Although BM said Michalek will be top line, I think Cheechoo is a better fit up there- at least to start out.
Kelly replaces Fisher on the FFS line, and will be called upon to produce. Although Kelly is smaller, he plays a similar game and I think he can step into this role quite nicely.

That 4th line is just going to be nasty to play against. Whether you put Bass or Winchester on that line- it's going to be tough...

49Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jordo wrote:Cheechoo-Spezza-Kovalev
Michalek-Fisher-Alfredsson
Foligno-Kelly-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Bass
Donovan

Kuba-Karlsson
Phil-Volch
Campoli-Lee/Picard
Lee-Picard

I put Cheechoo on that top line because he needs someone to feed him the puck. I think that Spezz/Kovy together will give him a ton of opportunities to bury it.
The 2nd line is going to be insane to watch with Fisher/Michalek playing together and Alfie rounding them out. It's a highly effective energy line with a stockpile of talent as well. Although BM said Michalek will be top line, I think Cheechoo is a better fit up there- at least to start out.
Kelly replaces Fisher on the FFS line, and will be called upon to produce. Although Kelly is smaller, he plays a similar game and I think he can step into this role quite nicely.

That 4th line is just going to be nasty to play against. Whether you put Bass or Winchester on that line- it's going to be tough...
Did we trade Neil?

Wink

50Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Haha woops! I meant Neil in the lineup, not Bass.

51Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:40 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'll go with what I have been using in NHL 10.

Michalek - Spezza- Alfredsson
Cheechoo-Kelly-Kovalev
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil

Karlsson-Phillips
Voclhenkov-Campoli
Kuba-Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

I will replace Kelly with Regin or Smith when I edit them to my liking from their ridiculously low overalls.

52Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:42 am

Ya, like Ive said 1000 times, I dont see anyway Cheechoo doesnt get matched with Spezza.

53Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Ya, like Ive said 1000 times, I dont see anyway Cheechoo doesnt get matched with Spezza.

Don't exaggerate Neely, it was 937 times.

I hope you're right. I'd like to see what Cheech can do with Spezza feeding him ridiculous passes. Alternately though, Cheech with Kovalev is nothing to sneeze at. All I know is that Ottawa is a lot more dangerous and more difficult to line up against now.

Did I mention Line Predictions: - Page 4 88481 ?

54Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I'll go with what I have been using in NHL 10.

Cheechoo-Kelly-Kovalev
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil

Karlsson-Phillips
Voclhenkov-Campoli
Kuba-Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

I will replace Kelly with Regin or Smith when I edit them to my liking from their ridiculously low overalls.

How do you have NHL 10?

55Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:01 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
N4L wrote:Ya, like Ive said 1000 times, I dont see anyway Cheechoo doesnt get matched with Spezza.

Don't exaggerate Neely, it was 937 times.

I hope you're right. I'd like to see what Cheech can do with Spezza feeding him ridiculous passes. Alternately though, Cheech with Kovalev is nothing to sneeze at. All I know is that Ottawa is a lot more dangerous and more difficult to line up against now.

Did I mention Line Predictions: - Page 4 88481 ?

should be a great season, am definitely thinking we finish second in the division to Boston (probably not a huge stretch for that one though, the Sabres and Leafs are not any better, and well, the Habs, I just don't think their changes were for the better. Line Predictions: - Page 4 88481

56Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't like seeing Karlsson pencilled in to the top pairing.

57Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Dash wrote:I'll go with what I have been using in NHL 10.

Cheechoo-Kelly-Kovalev
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil

Karlsson-Phillips
Voclhenkov-Campoli
Kuba-Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

How do you have NHL 10?

You might wanna check some Staples Stores in town.

58Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Whoa whoa, Staples is selling it early (for the xbox by chance!)

Which Staples, WHICH STAPLES!!!!! Line Predictions: - Page 4 50327

(Tell me and I'll give you my x-tra boost pack if they have any)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

59Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:03 pm

asq2 wrote:I don't like seeing Karlsson pencilled in to the top pairing.

If he turns out to be good enough to play there, then who cares? That's where he should be.

60Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
How do you have NHL 10?

I do...because I have a friend in game distribution. I won't lie, I almost made SensGirl11 cry - no I'm kidding, I beat her two games in a row, but the scores were close. Both of us were used to the PS2 controls, so it took some time.

I love the slick skating moves you can make. Not sure how to score yet, but I like the controls. I could get used to it. Ahhhhh!

61Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed. However, there are alternatives. If you put Michalek there 5 on 5 you give Spez and Alfie (I guess) a speedy winger for the first time since 1920. With Mich's stature, he can create a lot of time and space for them.

Then obviously, the 2nd PP unit becomes Alfie's and you have Spezza with Kovalev and Cheechoo. Cheechoo can play the left side, Kovalev the right and the both have sick wristers/one-timers.

Just another option to mull over. Ahhhhh!

62Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:I don't like seeing Karlsson pencilled in to the top pairing.

If he turns out to be good enough to play there, then who cares? That's where he should be.

Yeah, but it's far more likely he's a 2nd/3rd pairing guy or Bingo bound.

Who knows? Neil could come into the camp after a summer of watching Iginla footage and become a top-6 winger.

I just think the expectations are too high for a 19-year-old from some fans.

63Line Predictions: - Page 4 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still of the opinion that Karlsson should start in Bingo and get even more adapted to NA rinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum