GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3

+12
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Riprock
Sens19
Hayden
SensFan71
TheAvatar
wprager
beedub
Tuk Tuk
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Relax guys. No magazines involved. Just good ol' NHL.com, individual point stats for last season, sorted on PPG. Gives you all kinds of "insight". You don't expect people to pick names from memory, do you? The only "clever" thing I did was sort on the PPG column, which effectively helps you to remember" guys who spent some time on the injury reserve list the previous year. If you still think that's "uncool" then I'll say nothing next time, but I'll shake my head in disbelief none-the-less.

Meh, it's not a big deal. But it's in everyone's best interest to let people do their own legwork. You might find one of those names available to you when you pick... Ahhhhh!

Hey, I already said that I'll probably see 5-10 of those names. Of the four that have picked since, two were goalies (none in my list -- for good reason) and the other two were pretty obvious picks. No one (yet) has take a chance at any of the injured list guys.

Speaking of which, anyone know what's the status with Kariya? Was his surgery anything like Comrie's was? And when is Hossa due back? Last I heard was a very nebulous "December". Chicago plays 25 games before December 1. So does this mean he'll play only 47 game? Yikes!

137Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah....Hossa's a MASSIVE risk for a fantasy pool. Geez, lucky no one grabbed him anyway. Later rounds I guess.

Kariya is apparently good to go and looking forward to this year. And the Blues will be decent, not a bad pick.

Smart point on Hossa. It's tempting if he plays 50ish games to snag him though.

138Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

Whee is the master list? I have no idea if i am picking soon

139Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh yeah....Hossa's a MASSIVE risk for a fantasy pool. Geez, lucky no one grabbed him anyway. Later rounds I guess.

Kariya is apparently good to go and looking forward to this year. And the Blues will be decent, not a bad pick.

Smart point on Hossa. It's tempting if he plays 50ish games to snag him though.

In my own spreadsheet I took his PPG and multiplied by 57 games, then manually entered that in place of his 3-year average. That way he's at least on my radar, but since was only ranking the top 50 or so he's the last on the list.

In any case, when we run out of 60 point guys and get down into the 50s, Hossa's name definitely should be considered. Who knows, he played all last year with a bum shoulder and averaged almost .92 points per game. With the shoulder at 100% and playing a shortened season, who knows, he could go on a tear and still get 60-70 points.

140Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

beedub wrote:Whee is the master list? I have no idea if i am picking soon

Here:
http://www.gmhockey.com/general-hockey-talk-f49/gm-hockey-fantasy-pool-draft-list-don-t-post-here-t3088.htm#91686

141Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
In my own spreadsheet I took his PPG and multiplied by 57 games, then manually entered that in place of his 3-year average. That way he's at least on my radar, but since was only ranking the top 50 or so he's the last on the list.

In any case, when we run out of 60 point guys and get down into the 50s, Hossa's name definitely should be considered. Who knows, he played all last year with a bum shoulder and averaged almost .92 points per game. With the shoulder at 100% and playing a shortened season, who knows, he could go on a tear and still get 60-70 points.

I'll pick him later on if he's still around, but I think someone will take a chance round about Round 4.

142Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Where is the full list? This thread is Uber-organized ..

143Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

The first page... All the picks are there.

144Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's hard to say which round. With 21 teans and 2 goalies each I think it would be prudent to grab 2 goalies fairly early on. And with 4D, you'd better grab one of those as well. So after three rounds most people will probably have one forward, and some will have none. So round 4 is probably a little early. There are lots of guys in the 60 point range. Last year there were 21 players with 60-69 points, and another 17 between 55 and 59. My "projection" for him assumes he clicks at his old pace, and that he starts playing on December 1. He might start playing sooner, and he also might score at a faster pace, but he will take 5-10 games to come up to speed, and that's a significant chunk of his remaining games.

Anyhow, just to throw a couple more names out there, ... nah, better not.

By the way, what's happened to DTR? Is he away on assignment someplace? Wiht no internet connection?

145Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 pm

i pick O. Jokinen (Calgary)

146Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:It's hard to say which round. With 21 teans and 2 goalies each I think it would be prudent to grab 2 goalies fairly early on. And with 4D, you'd better grab one of those as well. So after three rounds most people will probably have one forward, and some will have none. So round 4 is probably a little early. There are lots of guys in the 60 point range. Last year there were 21 players with 60-69 points, and another 17 between 55 and 59. My "projection" for him assumes he clicks at his old pace, and that he starts playing on December 1. He might start playing sooner, and he also might score at a faster pace, but he will take 5-10 games to come up to speed, and that's a significant chunk of his remaining games.

Anyhow, just to throw a couple more names out there, ... nah, better not.

By the way, what's happened to DTR? Is he away on assignment someplace? Wiht no internet connection?

Yes, he's away on business. Can't recall where this time.

147Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually I have not been updating the list on the first page. There is a master list here:
http://www.gmhockey.com/general-hockey-talk-f49/gm-hockey-fantasy-pool-draft-list-don-t-post-here-t3088.htm#91686

I'll add a link to that on the first post.

Edit: I see Tuk's been updating that first post, so that list is up to date as well.

148Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:09 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

I've gotta get some work done here, can I send someone my next pick?

149Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

bluewhiteandgolf wrote:I've gotta get some work done here, can I send someone my next pick?

Please send your pick to Tuk.

150Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Theavatar will pick for Hayden now

151Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:30 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Marakh picks Brian Campbell.

152Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Bluewhiteand golf picks Chris Mason

153Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Gm Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 3 Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig takes Alex Kovalev, Cas is up next

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum