GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evgeny Artyukin to the Anaheim Ducks for Drew Miller and a draft pick

+5
M_Christopher
PTFlea
SensFan71
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Are you driving somewhere with that? Anaheim has $4M and that's including carrying 13 forwards and 7 D. They can shave another $800K+ by sending Sbisa or Mikkelson (both on two-ways) to the minors. Still not enough to get in on the Heatley sweepstakes. I tried Bobby Ryan for Heatley to see if that works, not even close. They need to do something with that $6M backup they have.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Good trade for the Ducks actually. This guy has his moments - and he'll be able to run rampant in the West.

He's one of those frustrating players that I've always found intriguing. He shows flashes of absolute dominance. I think he's proven already that his potential will never be realized, unfortunately.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

If only he had hands.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:Man that's all the Ducks needed, another 6'4" power forward
Miller is a far better player than Arty. I think the Ducks lost this deal.

jamvan wrote:

I agree somewhat. The Ducks won the deal, but Artyukhin is no slouch and I think the deal player for player is even. In the right environment, Artyukhin could be a Hartnell, Lucic or Carcillo. Most likely Carcillo though.

I am not sure why Anaheim felt the need to throw the pick in the deal. Once again, I think just the player swap was even.

One thing you can't deny is the size difference. Add Theo Fleury to Miller and they still don't match Artyukhin. Facepalm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

FireOnIce wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I agree somewhat. The Ducks won the deal, but Artyukhin is no slouch and I think the deal player for player is even. In the right environment, Artyukhin could be a Hartnell, Lucic or Carcillo. Most likely Carcillo though.

I am not sure why Anaheim felt the need to throw the pick in the deal. Once again, I think just the player swap was even.

One thing you can't deny is the size difference. Add Theo Fleury to Miller and they still don't match Artyukhin. Facepalm

Arty is not even close to Lucic or Hartnell...come on man! Put down the pipe!

Miller is only 2 inches smaller than Arty.

I think Artyukhin is not a very skilled player at all.

I know that, but with first line duties like Lucic and Hartnell get, he could be. But you will see, I rules them out and went with Carcillo. Artyukhin has talent, don't paint him with the same brush as Colton Orr.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

FireOnIce wrote:I know that, but with first line duties like Lucic and Hartnell get, he could be. But you will see, I rules them out and went with Carcillo. Artyukhin has talent, don't paint him with the same brush as Colton Orr.
I have to disagree with you big time there.

jamvan wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:I know that, but with first line duties like Lucic and Hartnell get, he could be. But you will see, I rules them out and went with Carcillo. Artyukhin has talent, don't paint him with the same brush as Colton Orr.
I have to disagree with you big time there.

Fair enough. :___:

I predict 14 goals, 19 assists and 200 PIM's. That would make him one heck of a valuable player in roto-pools and not to shabby for the Ducks either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum