GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Welcome Aboard » Introductions » New Guy here

New Guy here

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New Guy here Empty New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:30 pm

BrewinFlames

Prospect
Prospect
I joined the site today, and i plan on being active once the season starts.

I really dont have much to say during the off-season, but i hope to be posting and blogging exclusively come the time training camps open.

A few details...

Name: Steve
Fav Teams : Boston Bruins, Calgary Flames, New England Patriots, Chicago Bears.

Music...Fav Band Is "Live"...but i listen to everything.

I won't pretend i am an expert on everything, because one can always learn from others.

http://www.suddendeathhockeyforums.ca

2New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
BrewinFlames wrote:I joined the site today, and i plan on being active once the season starts.

I really dont have much to say during the off-season, but i hope to be posting and blogging exclusively come the time training camps open.

A few details...

I won't pretend i am an expert on everything, because one can always learn from others.

your not missing much by not posting in the off season, unless you have an opinion on Dany Heatley as well, that has pretty much dominated our thoughts/posts lately. Welcome to the board though Steve, am excited to have you here and can't wait to you posting when the season begins, only 2 months to go, whoo hoo

3New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:53 pm

BrewinFlames

Prospect
Prospect
Thanks for the welcome, much oblidged.

Living an hour south of Boston is great, but Red Sox Chatter is the norm year round. And since i am not much of a baseball guy, and i stopped watching the celtcis the day Larry Bird retired, months of July and August are tough.

No football that has any meaning until sept, and hard to find "new" hockey topics to whine, talk and Wing Dang Doodle about.

But when the puck drops..look out.

4New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:55 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
well then there is no point for me to ask you about the Red Sox apparently having an offer on the table (reportedly) for Roy Halladay, not that I would think the Jays would deal him to the Sox, not at least without hearing the yanks offer first. oh here we always find lots to whine/gripe about, and if we don't find it, we invent it lol j/k.

5New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 pm

BrewinFlames

Prospect
Prospect
Ya, I'll admit...I have been keeping an eye on the sox and halladay, but they are gonna want the farm for him.

Don't want to have to give up on Bucholz.

And really, I am not the guy to ask about baseball. My extent is this...

Me to random person...

"Did the Red sox play last night"

Random Person...

"Ya"

Me...

"Did they win" ?

Random Person...

"Ya"

Me...

"Good"

6New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
BrewinFlames wrote:I joined the site today, and i plan on being active once the season starts.

A few details...

Hey Brewin', welcome aboard.

Boston's a great town...have some good friends there.

And I was lucky enough years ago to see Bobby Orr, Espo and the gang in a playoff game against Beliveau, Dryden and the Habs at the old Forum. Magical times.

There are still some hard core Bruins fans in Ottawa, and as you probably know, Claude Julien is from the area.

I expect you've surveyed the forum overall...you'll find plenty of opportunities here to chronicle your favourite teams' action.

Just to recap, there are specific sections set up for each club, and plenty of threads and subthreads...with the option to create and lead your own threads, as well as polls to go with 'em.

The picture and video hosting dashboard is pretty useful as well.

If you need any technical help, the administrators and members are very supportive.

http://www.gmhockey.com/boston-bee-s-f13/
http://www.gmhockey.com/boston-bee-s-f13/what-s-next-for-the-bruins-t2312.htm

http://www.gmhockey.com/calgary-fire-f16/
http://www.gmhockey.com/calgary-fire-f16/what-s-next-for-the-flames-t2449.htm

Have fun, don't be shy, and enjoy the forum.
Cheers

PS Walter Payton was one of my favourite all time football players.

7New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BrewinFlames... Welcome aboard... we're in the lull so there's not much going on... we're talking about rumours to pass the day... and waiting for any real Heatley news...

Once the season starts... we'll be going full bore for sure.

Glad to have you aboard!

8New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Nice an authentic B's fan. We need more in the way of coverage for the other teams, particularly ones the Sens have any sort of rivalry with, or the original six. Boston fits both criteria! Welcome aboard BrewinFlames.

P.S. Flames fan as well eh? Myself, I live in Cowtown and I know of another member that does and one that lives just out of town. Non of us are Flames fans though. Funny, because until the Sens came back I was a die-hard Flames fan, then switched to the home town team, and now I live in Calgary and I loathe the Flames organization. Well, not really the organization, but the fairweather fans. I moved here right after the Cup run in 04, and the amount of clueless fans was staggering. I can't cheer for them now. Sad

9New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Welcome to God's Own Land, Steve. Here's a little clip to make you feel welcomed:

The Tao of Steve, state of being Steve, defined

Awesome movie, by the way.

10New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
It just occurred to me. Take that Tao of Steve clip, and right near the end, at the 1:59 mark, when Dave asks "If I'm not a Steve then what am I?", someone with a little audio editing finesse could replace Dex's reply "Stu" with "Dany Heatley".

11New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Nice to have you aboard. We need fans of other teams in a big way. Excellent. :##:

12New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 pm

wprager wrote:Welcome to God's Own Land, Steve. Here's a little clip to make you feel welcomed:

The Tao of Steve, state of being Steve, defined

Awesome movie, by the way.

That is a good lesser known film. Donal Logue (The main character in the movie, and of Blade fame), is an Ottawa born guy too Smile

13New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I still remember him from his one or two lines in Jerry Maguire.

14New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Welcome aboard. It's nice to have fans from other teams on here posting regularly. In case you didn't notice I moved your topic to Introductions since this really is an introduction of yourself to us.

- Unknown Author

15New Guy here Empty Re: New Guy here on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Nice to have you aboard. We need fans of other teams in a big way. Excellent. :##:

Indeed. Welcome aboard!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum