GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Antropov a Thrasher

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Antropov a Thrasher Empty Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

4 years, $16-million. Atlanta's really spending this year.

also re-signed Chris Thorburn.

2Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:49 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:4 years, $16-million. Atlanta's really spending this year.

also re-signed Chris Thorburn.

This is all to make Kovalchuk happy, let's hope it works for Atlanta's sake.

3Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Can anything make Kovalchuk happy lol? Maybe Heatley.... nahhhh

4Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I won't lie, nice signing. And now they have Kubina as well. So far, a very nice off-season for the Thrashers.

5Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:55 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Can anything make Kovalchuk happy lol? Maybe Heatley.... nahhhh

don't tease me with that one. Facepalm

6Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

So this gives them Bogosian, Kubina, Enstrom and Hainsey as their top-4, Kovalchuk, Antropov, Little, Kozlov and White (and potentially, but unlikely Kane) in their top-6 up-front, with an un-clear but talented situation in goal.

They're not very deep, but with the right system they could improve in the standings quite nicely IMO.

7Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:So this gives them Bogosian, Kubina, Enstrom and Hainsey as their top-4, Kovalchuk, Antropov, Little, Kozlov and White (and potentially, but unlikely Kane) in their top-6 up-front, with an un-clear but talented situation in goal.

They're not very deep, but with the right system they could improve in the standings quite nicely IMO.

ASQ>do you think Evander Kane will play in the NHL this year?

John Anderson is a pretty good coach...

Lehtonen and Pavelec are rather talented netminders...who knows what they can do, now that the Thrash have a reasonable d-corps...

I have a feeling Antro and Kovalchuk may click...if I understood the contract correctly, interesting that Antropov took less money to sign in ATL than he was asking for in NYC.

Interesting times ahead in the East...

8Antropov a Thrasher Empty Re: Antropov a Thrasher Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know how Atlanta will handle the Kane situation: he's certainly not as NHL-ready as Bogosian was/is, but perhaps a team desperate to market people will bring him up.

I think he needs at least another year in the minors/two pretty solid off-seasons of weight-training.

He is a player that fits in very nicely with Kovalchuk IMO. People talk about Spezza playing with Kovalchuk, but I don't see it because both players need the puck a lot to be at their best. Kane is not unsimilar to Heatley in that he does not.

Unfortunately for the Thrashers, unless they bring up Kane this season, they may never see that tandem play together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum