GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Nicknames of nicknames

Nicknames of nicknames

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

31Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Furiousgreg = Curious George

That's where the name came from Razz
Was trying to think of a handle.. someone said curiousgeorge.. i changed it to furiousgeorge.. and well.. i think you can guess the evolution from there Razz

32Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Nice! So what do I win :D ?

33Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Nice! So what do I win :D ?

You can have another entry in this forum..
or you can take whats in the box!

34Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Are they tickets to a comedy club? :D Sorry I love my Family guy references.

- Unknown Author

35Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Are they tickets to a comedy club? :D Sorry I love my Family guy references.

I was actually leaning towards Weird Al's "UHF" as obscure of a reference as that may be.. turns out.. there's nothing in the box...

36Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
furiousgreg wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Are they tickets to a comedy club? :D Sorry I love my Family guy references.

I was actually leaning towards Weird Al's "UHF" as obscure of a reference as that may be.. turns out.. there's nothing in the box...

That is obscure. I haven't seen that movie ine ages.

- Unknown Author

37Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I've got one for 504Heater - Space as in Space Heater :D

- Unknown Author

38Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Wait.... how about wprager = Prague?? Pretty lame eh?

Actually, "Prager" is my last name, and the standing theory (or family lore) on the origin of the name is that a few generations ago one of my ancestors either came from Prague, or went to the university there. In fact there was this guy back in the 1700s by the name of R. Zeeb Wolf, who laid the foundation stone of one of the oldest synagogues in London. He was alternatively known as Wolf Prager, because his father came from Bomsal, Prague.

So, all that to say, "Prague" is actually not lame.

39Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Wait.... how about wprager = Prague?? Pretty lame eh?

Actually, "Prager" is my last name, and the standing theory (or family lore) on the origin of the name is that a few generations ago one of my ancestors either came from Prague, or went to the university there. In fact there was this guy back in the 1700s by the name of R. Zeeb Wolf, who laid the foundation stone of one of the oldest synagogues in London. He was alternatively known as Wolf Prager, because his father came from Bomsal, Prague.

So, all that to say, "Prague" is actually not lame.

Sweeeet. That's 2 I've deduced now :D Yours and Furiousesseses :D

- Unknown Author

40Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:11 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Guest wrote:

"You've a lucky, lucky little girl! You get a drink from the FIRE HOSE!"

I loved that movie. At least I did the one time I watched it, when I was 15. Smile

41Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NBDragonfly becomes DFly which is now...

Delta-Flyer

- Unknown Author

42Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's all over Smash88. I have a nickname for your nickname....

Taters!!! Why Taters?

Smash88 - Smash Potatoes - Potatoes - Taters!!!

- Unknown Author

43Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:59 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Badgers!! We don't need no stinkin' BADGERS!!!

Seriously, UHF rocked... It's up there with another classic John Turturro flick (which if you're a fan of the Marx Brothers, you'll love it) "Brain Donors."

44Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How the heck did my Nicknames of nicknames thread get hijacked with UHF Movie references?? scratch Razz

- Unknown Author

45Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:04 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's all over Smash88. I have a nickname for your nickname....

Taters!!! Why Taters?

Smash88 - Smash Potatoes - Potatoes - Taters!!!

tater! :lol!:

46Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hey Taters,

I'm in the 1000 posts club! Just in time to see Heater well into the 2000 posts club LOL.

- Unknown Author

47Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:16 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey Taters,

I'm in the 1000 posts club! Just in time to see Heater well into the 2000 posts club LOL.

I'm 3/4 of the way there! LOL

48Nicknames of nicknames - Page 3 Empty Re: Nicknames of nicknames on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
I'm gaining on you.!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum