GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » The 2009 NHL Combine is underway

The 2009 NHL Combine is underway

+4
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I know, I was saying that the other day and the person I was talking to didn't believe me. It's no longer just the top 7, it's the top 9 now.

I like the ring of that personally. :****:

32The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 7:37 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SensFan71 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:My guess that 'mystery' TSN personality is James Duthie. The guy is a comedian. Although, James Cybulski is trying hard to make comedy his niche as well. I find he tries a little hard, which means he's not as funny, but he has his moments too. It could be him as well.

either way, they will both be puking within 5 minutes lol, and that is before getting on the bike.

It ended up being Darren Dutchyshen.

TSN SportsCentre anchor Darren Dutchyshen took his best shot at the
same tests that the prospects did. Dutchyshen first weighed in at a
robust 220 pounds, and for his first test, completed 29 push-ups. That
total was about average when measured against the prospects, but is
very impressive considering that Dutchyshen weighs more than most of
the players. He did 10 or 11 sit-ups, although it's not known if all
would have counted if the results were formally measured. His vertical
jump was very good.

Dutchyshen's best event was the bench press, where he turned in 25
lifts of 150 pounds. That total was the best of the day, far better
than the top prospect total of 17. Again, Dutchyshen has an advantage
since his frame is fully developed, while the 18-year old prospects
will still mature a lot in the next few years.

Upon completing the Wingate cycle test, one of the athletic trainers
told Dutchyshen "you should take a lot of Advil - you're going to feel
it tomorrow and the day after that".

33The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 7:41 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Impressive effort by Darren!

34The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 am

Wonder how Garrioch would do?

35The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 am

MurderOnIce wrote:Wonder how Garrioch would do?

He'd prolly drop dead with a donut in his mouth. After an autopsy it would be revealed that he died of a massive clot in his gravystream.

36The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 1:08 pm

From tsn:
"39th-ranked Ryan O'Reilly had a fantastic workout, excelling in everything - he had a good vertical, he was solid on the bike, great on the bench press and seems overall to have more of a mature body than most of the other players in attendance. He is physically stronger than the vast majority of players that have been seen already."

I've said it for a few months now. I want this kid. I pray he's around when we make our 2nd selection. This kid is all heart and leadership. I'm thinking Fisher, with more offensive talent, but without the hot girlfriend and $5 million salary.

37The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Aren't we 9th pick? So, if he's exactly 39th and does not go earlier, he should be ours.

38The 2009 NHL Combine is underway - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2009 NHL Combine is underway Sat May 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Dash wrote:Aren't we 9th pick? So, if he's exactly 39th and does not go earlier, he should be ours.

Possibly, but with an impressive combine showing, he could go higher. This kid is just the type of player an organization can never have enough of.

I'd love to say I am excited for the draft/July 1, but I'll be missing most of it due to being out of the country. I'll be counting on updates from this site if and when I can hook my lappy into the internet somewhere!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum