GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Will Coach The Oilers?

+7
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
sennies1980
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Tue May 26, 2009 4:59 pm

sennies1980

Prospect
Prospect

some old vancouver tandems control two canadian teams now

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

47Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Now this is a hire. I'm not unhappy with Clouston, but this is just the type of hire Murray should have made in any of the last 3 decisions. Both of these guys are quality hockey men and if they can check egos at the door (particularly Renney) could form a formidable tandem. Nice job by Lowe if it's true.

Excellent point.

48Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Tue May 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Now this is a hire. I'm not unhappy with Clouston, but this is just the type of hire Murray should have made in any of the last 3 decisions. Both of these guys are quality hockey men and if they can check egos at the door (particularly Renney) could form a formidable tandem. Nice job by Lowe if it's true.

i'm not sure if ottawa would of had that option possible. i don't think ottawa is seen as a prime location at the moment for players or coaches due to our (in)activities of the last 2 years.

edmonton has alot of the pieces in place and are a storied franchise.
to many people ottawa is in a downward spiral. one i think and hope we are on our way out.

49Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:So I guess it's official:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playoffs/Detroit/2009/05/26/9576086-ap.html

Nothing on Jagr, though.

What does Lidstrom and Datsyuk skipping practice have to do with anything? Razz

I need a better copy/paste module. Darn you Microsoft for not making a better clipboard. Tantrum

On the other hand, this gets me one post closer to "Mr. Montagoose".

50Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

i'm not sure if ottawa would of had that option possible. i don't think ottawa is seen as a prime location at the moment for players or coaches due to our (in)activities of the last 2 years.

to many people ottawa is in a downward spiral. one i think and hope we are on our way out.

You mean on the way out of the downward spiral?

Melnyk was buddying up to Quinn at the WJCs. But I suspect Bryan Murray would never hire a coach stronger than he is.

51Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Tue May 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You mean on the way out of the downward spiral?

Melnyk was buddying up to Quinn at the WJCs. But I suspect Bryan Murray would never hire a coach stronger than he is.

yes, i don't want to tank....

52Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Wed May 27, 2009 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clouston was the only hire that I love because it gave Murray a chance to do this this summer if it didn't work.

But Quinn would have been perfect here to take over for Murray.

53Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

I think Murray may have actually offered Quinn the job. He said he got an offer within 3 weeks of the WJC and said no, then he didn't get another offer until now. I bet that one offer was to coach the Sens.

As for Edmonton having a lot of pieces in place...I don't agree. They're about to be blown up IMO, with fresh pieces being brought it. They have a nice D, but everywhere else there are major question marks.

54Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Murray may have actually offered Quinn the job. He said he got an offer within 3 weeks of the WJC and said no, then he didn't get another offer until now. I bet that one offer was to coach the Sens.

As for Edmonton having a lot of pieces in place...I don't agree. They're about to be blown up IMO, with fresh pieces being brought it. They have a nice D, but everywhere else there are major question marks.

Edmonton is far from being blown up. A #1 center or quality top 6 and a starting goalie to replace Roloson is really the big pieces they need. If Roloson stays then a quality back-up to give them time to groom Droiun-Deslauriers. The additions of Quinn and Renney are a very good start to move this team into the top 8.

55Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Thu May 28, 2009 7:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A #1 centre and a starting goalie will cost, though. I agree it's not a blow-up situation yet, but it's more than just tweaking, for sure.

56Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Thu May 28, 2009 7:09 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:A #1 centre and a starting goalie will cost, though. I agree it's not a blow-up situation yet, but it's more than just tweaking, for sure.

If not a center at least a top 3 that can play with Hemsky. As for a goalie I am sure they can get someone on the UFA market to back up Roloson if he resigns.

57Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

If they could sign a Hossa this summer, they would be in the top 8 for sure. That's what they need. A big producer like Hossa.

58Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Thu May 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

caissie_1 wrote:If they could sign a Hossa this summer, they would be in the top 8 for sure. That's what they need. A big producer like Hossa.

that is deffinitely a possibility.

Hossa seams like a solution to so many teams. i think Havlat will find a new home also.

59Who Will Coach The Oilers? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Coach The Oilers? Thu May 28, 2009 3:55 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Havlat is really interesting. Im looking forward to see what he end's up doing... 2 former sens at the top of the list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum