GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic Rock Magazine Names Top Progressive Rock Albums

+3
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album.
It can only be found on "Sweet Relief: A Benefit for Victoria Williams" IIRC.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album.

Correct. I can't remember if I ever bought that one.

Snuh

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I can't argue with that list. Frankly, though, Chez106 has turned me off Pink Floyd for good.

They play them too much you mean?

I don't know how they fit in other music in between Pink Floyd and Tragically Hip.
So yeah, too much.

See Emily Play is still Pink Floyds best song.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and, Saucer Full of Secrets are the only Floyd albums worth listening to, IMO. Dark Side of the Moon has to be the most overrated album ever. CHEZ has a lot to do with my dislike for that album, too. But in general, Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett is boring.

Nice to see King Crimson get some recognition though. Kind of surprised the album Discipline wasn't in the top 10, but the album Red is Prog Rock through and through.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Correct. I can't remember if I ever bought that one.
A few of their live CDs have it too - Live At The Gorge Sept. 1st 2005 has it as does Live At The Gorge July 23rd, 2006 and the show at Benaroya Hall in 2003.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Exactly the same for me regarding Pearl Jam. Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album. They kicked Donkey playing Who songs on the MTV though.

Don't forget that PJ is probably the most professional and tightest live band of this generation. You simple have to check out some of their live work.

I would highly recommend Live at Benaroya Hall. Like...get it today if you don't have it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:A few of their live CDs have it too - Live At The Gorge Sept. 1st 2005 has it as does Live At The Gorge July 23rd, 2006 and the show at Benaroya Hall in 2003.

Oh, there you go then. cool)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum