GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP' 09, SUNDAY MAY 17, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL--CHICAGO AT DETROIT, 3PM ET

+4
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Nasty Nas
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

The Red Machine shows how it has earned the name.

Samuelsson finishes a dazzling display of offensive zone skill by the Wings.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

A Red Wings kind of goal...flawless execution of a set play...and ex-Hawk Cleary gets his second.

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

4-2 Wings now.... The Hawks have a tough road ahead to come back in this game.... Thats two for the Newf sir Dan Cleary!!!

Cheeky tip... Cleary having a great game.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

It will be very interesting to see how the Hawks respond.

This is a test for them...against the Stanley Cup Champions.

And ten minutes left...

One goal can make a big difference.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Is it me or is Brian Campbell completely lost on this 4 on 4.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The net is empty...the Hawks are going for it. And why not...?

The Wings have played a textbook game...but Chicago has shown they are here to make it a contest.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And the Champions show why they are the Champions.

Excellent Game One for both teams...and much for the Blackhawks to learn from it.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Great game. Looks like it's going to be a longer series.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

hawks have to eliminate as many turnovers as possible the red machine will run you over if you turn the puck over they hawks had a good effort and yes it is a huge learning curve they still need to try and steal one from the wings but quinville is a smart coach and the hawks will come out hard again next game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Great game. Looks like it's going to be a longer series.

Really? I missed most of the first but saw the rest. Khabibulin was great (from what I'd heard) in the 1st, but two of the three goals (plus the empty netter) that I saw were kind of questionable. High, glove-side -- maybe they found a weakness.

Anyhow, I picked DET6 but after this game, I was wishing I'd picked 5. I thought the score (ignoring the empty-netter) was a lot closer than the game, territorially and chances-wise. Detroit just seemed to let off every once in a while, and that cost them a couple of goals. But they were able to respond very quickly. Next game I suspect that they will play a lot tighter, and the Hawks will have to be a heck of a lot better to stay competitive.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO Kris Versteeg said it best after Game One.

"That kind of ticks me off if people say that we're just happy to be here.

"We're not. We want to win.

"We knew how good we were from Day 1 and no one really gave us a shot.

"If people think we're just happy to be here, that's a joke. We're a pretty proud bunch in here. We're going to come out stronger in Game 2."

That's what being a Blackhawk is.

No excuses.

See it like it is.

You win...you move on.

You lose...you put it behind you, and learn how to be better.

cool)

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:Great game. Looks like it's going to be a longer series.

Really? I missed most of the first but saw the rest. Khabibulin was great (from what I'd heard) in the 1st, but two of the three goals (plus the empty netter) that I saw were kind of questionable. High, glove-side -- maybe they found a weakness.

Anyhow, I picked DET6 but after this game, I was wishing I'd picked 5. I thought the score (ignoring the empty-netter) was a lot closer than the game, territorially and chances-wise. Detroit just seemed to let off every once in a while, and that cost them a couple of goals. But they were able to respond very quickly. Next game I suspect that they will play a lot tighter, and the Hawks will have to be a heck of a lot better to stay competitive.

I don't know, they just seemed much more challenged by the 'Hawks than by other opponents. Granted, Anaheim took them to game 7, but that was basically Hiller's work on his own. Detroit controlled the play 90% of the time.

The 'Hawks have much more offensive depth than the Ducks or Jackets, their defence is quite good (assuming Keith and Seabrook rebound) and I don't think the Wings've quite solved Bulin.

I'm still picking Detroit (naturally) but I think the series will be tough.

davetherave wrote:IMHO Kris Versteeg said it best after Game One.

"That kind of ticks me off if people say that we're just happy to be here.

"We're not. We want to win.

"We knew how good we were from Day 1 and no one really gave us a shot.

"If people think we're just happy to be here, that's a joke. We're a pretty proud bunch in here. We're going to come out stronger in Game 2."

That's what being a Blackhawk is.

No excuses.

See it like it is.

You win...you move on.

You lose...you put it behind you, and learn how to be better.

cool)

As opposed to say any other team?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

As opposed to say any other team?

Yes, but you see, the Hawks' dial goes to eleven. That's one better than ten.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Ladies and Gentlemen, let us not forget we were spared--or more, accurately, young Mr Burish was spared--a tragedy of significant magnitude yesterday.

Those of you who actually watched, as I did, the Richard Zednik incident--as well as those who have seen that video clip--know what I mean.

Last edited by davetherave on Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, we were spared. That's why we don't really have to talk about it.

The NHL brass, on the other hand ...

You know they have turtlenecks with kevlar-reinforced neck areas. Wasn't Plekanec wearing one? Anyhow, I remember reading something about that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That game reminded me a lot of the Sens vs. Pens circa 2007 when the Pens were totally unprepared for the Sens right from Puck drop. I realize it was different because it was only the first round but the similiarities in terms of preparation were there.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum