GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did he or didn't he?

+6
Cronie
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Hayden
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:55 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I thought I was over that Pronger incident, but I'm not. I'm really not. Still real upset.

I know, my blood is boiling again over that one.

And THAT is why I still hate Anaheim to this day. I know it wasn't the whole team's fault, but he is enough for me to hate an entire team. I hope he gets his one day, I really really do.

He's certainly not a clean player... the guy has been suspended eight times in his career. It says a lot. And the guy seems to be able to get away with murder. Makes me think that Bettman might be stepping in because he is such a marketable player, and that's why he doesn't get suspended for longer. Even on his stomp on Ryan Kesler, he got suspended only for 8 games.

32Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
He's certainly not a clean player... the guy has been suspended eight times in his career. It says a lot. And the guy seems to be able to get away with murder. Makes me think that Bettman might be stepping in because he is such a marketable player, and that's why he doesn't get suspended for longer. Even on his stomp on Ryan Kesler, he got suspended only for 8 games.

Bang on Bass. Unfortunately, I still want him on the Sens very, very badly.

Why? Besides the obvious answer that he's one of the best defenders in the league? He gets away with MURDER!

33Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:06 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzlI1TqL6w
Yeah, we ALL remember this one.

34Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:10 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0U2Vx_Ffjc

Did you guys see this from the Worlds?

35Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzlI1TqL6w
Yeah. But you know, I gotta admit it, I don't have a hate-on for Pronger like I do some other players... I too would like to see him in a Sens jersey because of the way he plays and what he brings.

36Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronie wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzlI1TqL6w

I don't know why I watched that again...brutal!

37Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0U2Vx_Ffjc

HOLY CRAP!

WOW!

Was that the game winner that Halak let in?

38Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

WTF!! Who does that? Wow!

This just happened?

39Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Diddle! Holy Dung! I'm sure I saw this wrong, but...I watched it like 8 times. What the heck? Diddle..... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

40Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:

Holy Diddle! Holy Dung! I'm sure I saw this wrong, but...I watched it like 8 times. What the heck? Diddle..... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
I wonder if the IIHF will do anything... has anyone been given a penalty for a hit to the head of a teammate?

41Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure if I mention this, but: Ahhhhh!

42Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

From Dobberhockey

Ex-Pen Tomas Surovy smacks Halak after the Canadiens goaltender lets in a goal at the World Championships. Surovy claims he was trying to hit the cross bar, but in my mind he clearly intended to hit his goalie in the back of the head. Cheap shot for sure and likely not good for the dressing room.

If I were Halak, I'd make sure I sat behind Surovy on the team bus and smack him on the back of the head with some brass knuckles! What a douche.

43Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That has to be the most BIZARRE and yet in a strange way hilarious thing I have seen in Hockey in a LOOOONG time...

Plus, the reaction of Halak is like WTF man?!!?

44Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Was the game really at 8-0 for the Czech's when this happened?

If so, it just makes this that much more sad. Facepalm

45Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 3:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've done the Youtube a whole bunch of times now and I see this Surovy guy looking at the crossbar whilst he smokes Halak in the noodle. Then, slowly he looks over at Halak after the deed is done.

Take a look frame by frame. Innocent me thinks. Funny though.

46Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I thought I was over that Pronger incident, but I'm not. I'm really not. Still real upset.

From TSN:

Chris Pronger and Steve Ott are the dirtiest players in
the National Hockey League, according to a survey of their fellow
players.

A Sports Illustrated poll of 324 players that is to appear in this
week’s issue has Anaheim Ducks defenceman Pronger and Dallas Stars
forward Ott in a tie, each chosen by 13 per cent of their peers.

Jarkko Ruutu of the Ottawa Senators was third at 12 per cent, with
Sean Avery of the New York Rangers fourth at 10 per cent, followed by
Scott Hartnell of the Philadelphia Flyers at five per cent.

47Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 3:29 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:I've done the Youtube a whole bunch of times now and I see this Surovy guy looking at the crossbar whilst he smokes Halak in the noodle. Then, slowly he looks over at Halak after the deed is done.

Take a look frame by frame. Innocent me thinks. Funny though.

Who would be stupid enough to take a swing at the crossbar at the front of the net with their goalie right there though? I don't buy it personally. It looks pretty bad to me.

48Did he or didn't he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 9:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kunitz apparently fined, not suspended.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum